Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,799 members, 7,862,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested (635 Views)

Millionaire Security Guard Arrested In South Africa, Stolen Money Recovered / Soldiers In Adamawa Torture "Phone Thief" To Death (Graphic Pics) / Mob Lynches Criminal 'Onos' In Edo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by Islie: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Samson Folarin

A security guard, Suleiman Sanni, is in the police net after a mob beat a suspected motorcycle thief, Moses Uche, to death in the Ajegunle area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that 30-year-old Sanni was among a three-man security team guarding a house on Otubo Street, Irawo, Ajegunle.

He was said to have spotted Uche sneaking into the neighbourhood around 2am and trying to steal a motorcycle.

It was learnt that Sanni woke up the residents and a mob quickly formed around 24-year-old Uche. The mob hit him with planks and other objects.

He was said to have been taken in a wheelbarrow around 7am to the Ajegunle Police Division, where he later died.
The police were said to have arrested Sanni for the crime.

The Katsina State indigene, however, told PUNCH Metro that he never touched the victim.

Sanni said, “I was guarding a house with two others. Around 2am on October 8, I sighted the man entering a house and trying to steal a motorcycle.

“When I challenged him, he said the motorcycle belonged to him. I alerted the residents of the house and they started hitting him.”

Sanni said he rescued the suspect and reported the case at the Ajegunle Police Station, adding that he handed over the suspect to the police.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the police arrested four of the suspects, who were later released on bail.

Our correspondent learnt that Uche died two days after and the police returned to the community.

Sanni said, “I was arrested and taken to the station. Before I knew it, I was taken to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba.”

The suspect was arraigned on one count of murder before an Ebute-Meta Magistrates’ court.

The charge read, “That you, Suleiman Sanni, and others at large, on October 8, 2015, at about 2am on Otubo Street, Irawo, Ajegunle, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did unlawfully kill one Moses Uche, aged 24 years, by beating him to death with planks.”

The Police Prosecutor, Woman Corporal Iyobosa Onaiwu, said the offence was punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.
The defendant’s plea was not taken.

The Magistrate, Miss M.O. Ope-Agbe, remanded him in prison.

The case was adjourned till January 19, 2016.

http://punchng.com/mob-lynches-suspected-motorcycle-thief-guard-arrested/

lalasticlala
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by chocolateme(f): 8:19am On Dec 01, 2015
It's unfortunate for him. RIP
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by donholy28(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Stealing is bad but say no to jungle justice
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by benedictnsi(m): 8:22am On Dec 01, 2015
donholy28:
Stealing is bad but say no to jungle justice

I tell you my brother......
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by menix(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2015
If he lost his life because of theft why arrest someone for that..

Are thieves meant to live whereas they take life...

Oga Sanni e be like say nah ur own Plank big pass wey make the case carry u for head..
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by Khd95(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2015
Kai nigerians nor get chill pill for dem thieves at all

Uche na alakoba shaa
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Motorcycle Thief To Death, Guard Arrested by Abduljohn(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmm! Nigga police can never change, 4 other people were arrested but was later released on bail, this shows that Sanni is bein prosecuted because their's nobody to push for his bail.

"Se na like this we go dey go"

(1) (Reply)

Conductor Kills Man A Week To US Travel / Missing 2year Old Boy / The 'technically Defeated' BOKO HARAM Killed 282 Nigerians In 4 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.