Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! (2450 Views)

Niger Delta Revolutionary Crusaders, NDRC, Emerges, Vows To Bring Down NDDC / Buhari’s Lies Against Kanu Exposed By Human Rights Coalition (must Read) PHOTOS / Government Should Do Something In My Village (must Read) photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by jhubril(m): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
I have taken this blessed morning from the hands of God as a perfect gift. It is,therefore,at this moment of thanksgiving that I have been inspired by the unending quest for a better world to prepare a list of good reads for those who want to start fighting today for a better future.

They are books that attest excellence and intellectual notoriety,and like a bill awaiting enactment it might be necessary to do a first reading,a second reading,and a third reading.

Here comes the list:

1. Why The West Rules--For Now,by a Stanford University History/Archeology Professor,Ian Morris.

2. The Wealth and Poverty of Nations,by an emeritus Professor of History and Economics,David S. Landes.

3. Why Nations Fail,by two renowned economists,Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robbinson.

4. The End of Poverty,by a renowned economist, Jeffery D. Sachs.

5. The Mystery of Capital,by Hernando de Soto who is the author of two major books on economic and political development: The Other Path, published in 1986, and The Mystery of Capital, published in the year 2000.

6. Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism,by the brilliant revolutionary and theoretician, Vladmir Lenin. This one book is his most popular work.

7. From Third World To First,by Lee Kwa Yew. This is a great read laying bare the strategies and plans which transformed Singapore.

8. Dead Aid,by a famous African economist and scholar, Dambisa Moyo. It is a flood of vitriolic theses revealing the death of aid as strategy for development. This book was once criticised by Bill Gates.

9. White Cargo:A forgotten History of Britain's WHITE Slaves. This book tells us a great about the IRISH SLAVERY. It introduced me to a deep contemplation on the nature of the African slavery. Slavery,I have concluded,is never an excuse for our position in life. The Irish were once slaves;that did not hinder them at all.

10. African Philosophy,by a Unilag Professor,KC Anyawu.
This book tries to explain the major problems of constructing a valid philosophy in Africa. It asks ,is there an entity called the African philosophy? It is ground between the emotional plea for an African philosophy and the rational rejection of an African philosophy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
our clueless should get all ten copies each.
greedy old men
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by Omololu007(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
K
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by jhubril(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Number 5-8

Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by teeboila(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nigerian politicians CAN'T and WON'T read this books, they are meant for technocrats and the mentally capable elite in the society and not for this punch and fist throwing politicians.

I know one day a leader will rise from this elite and take Nigeria out of the struggle we find ourselves in.
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by rolchi(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Why Nations Fail is a must read. After reading that book, I realized that Nigeria's problems can ONLY be solved after a thorough ' political structural correction'. So far, only GEJ has called for a conference to discuss "Nigeria".
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by johnmartus(m): 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
BRO THANKS FOR THIS REVELATION RITH NOW AM GOING TO BOOKSHOP
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by jhubril(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
johnmartus:
BRO THANKS FOR THIS REVELATION RITH NOW AM GOING TO BOOKSHOP

Funny Brother!
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by jhubril(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
More photos

Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thank you and God bless you OP.
I shall make a point to have read these books by this time 2018, next year.
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by xplicity1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
I like your lists. Would you or anyone please recommend more of Nigerian/African books on History, Revolution, Culture etc
Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by Nuzo1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
I've read about 4 of the books listed, but the most captivating and valuable for any true progressive is FROM THIRD WORLD TO FIRST by Lee Kuan Yew.

Matter of urgency, every aspiring leader should be forced to read that book.

That book gave me an upgraded perspective on why nations fail or succeed. The book is a step by step summary of how Mr Yew built transformed Singapore from a place far worst than Nigeria to a highly developed country in just about 20 years. This they did with little or no natural resources.

Lee clearly referenced the blind and myopic leadership in Nigeria and why Nigeria will get worst. His predictions came true.

"I wonder the kind of rules Nigerian leaders play to. Clearly, nothing good can come out of it" Lee (paraphrased).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Books Every Nigerian Revolutionary Must Read(photos)! by Blue3k(m): 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
Excellent recommendations I'll get the audio books.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecies For 2016 - RCCG / Finally, Dino Melaye Frees South West From Tinubu's Chokehold / Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.