Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

My Sad Experience With Gtbank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Sad Experience With Gtbank (1616 Views)

My Sad Experience With SARS Personnel Today / My Issue With Gtbank 737 And GLO Mobile. / Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sad Experience With Gtbank by lawrenzooo: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
On the 26th of march 2015, I went online and opened an account with GTBank during which i scanned my passport as well as my signature as the system requested for that. I had money deposited into the account which i hoped to use for my cousins registration when their academic session resume around december 2015.

Along the line something came up late august and i needed money so i went to the bank to make withdrawal only to be told at the counter that the account had no mandate (signature) uploaded. I was asked to fill a form to upgrade the account which i did. Mean while i had to source money elsewhere to meet the need in August. I was expecting a debit alert on the account for ATM card however this did not happen so i went back to the bank branch after 6 weeks only to be told that there was a form i was suppose to fill that i didn't fill i however asked the customer care officer why i was not called on phone(since the form had my phone number) to be informed that there was a form i needed to fill and he kept quiet.

He gave me the form and i filled it and left. After 2 weeks nothing happened i went back to the branch only to be told again that the account was opened in maiduguri and the primary branch of the account has been closed down because of the Boko Haram insurgency. But however he said he was directed to send the upgrade request documents to their Lagos branch. So he asked me to sit down so that he would search for the document and forward it to their lagos branch and i asked him if it is now the policy of the bank that if a customer is not around his request would not be treated and he said no then i ask why he did not forward it to their lagos office all this while, a question to which he did not answer. After some time he told me he had sent the email to their lagos office and hopefully in four days time i should be able to make withdrawal.

I didn't get any alert for ATM deduction so i concluded the account has not been upgraded. so i went back after 8 working days only for him to check the system and tell me the account has not been upgraded that he would send a reminder that i should check back again after one week.

When i got home that day, i went online logged into my gtbank online account, got the detail of the account officer associated with the account and I called him to explain my plight and he told me normally accounts open online do not usually have mandate so i asked what the signature i was asked to scan and upload was for, he also did not have any answer to that question and he advice me to be patient till after one week which i was told at the branch i visited. I went to the branch today only to be told that the account still has not been upgraded and so i cannot withdraw from the account. In the midst of all this the bank sent me an sms last week that my account had gone dormant.

As it stands now i cannot withdraw from the account and my cousin would be resuming school by next monday 14th December 2015 and it doesn't look like my account would be upgraded any soon and sourcing money elsewhere is my only option now (Thanks to GTBank). My experience so far has been a nasty one and i just hope someone out there doesn't fall a victim of this their so called online account opening platform because to me it is more or less a scam. right now am left at their mercies my only prayer is that God should enable me raise the money for my cousin registration before the registration period elapses at that is my primary concern
Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by chocolateme(f): 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
I am sorry about that. There has to be a mixup somewhere
Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Did u say maiduguri?
Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by overdrive(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sometimes acting the gentleman doesn't always pay,if u had shouted on top of ur voice or cause a little chaos they would have attended to u sharply,try it and c.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by lumzybo: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
See the stress u av put ursef thru all in the name of opening of acct.

Instead of going to bank to get it done ones n perfect everything u sat behind ur computer forming what I Donno.

Now c how many tyms u av frequented the bank now yet no headway.

Pele is all I can say. Its gonna teach other pple lesson.

Go to bank n open ur acct. #thatsall

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 02, 2015
lumzybo:
See the stress u av put ursef thru all in the name of opening of acct.

Instead of going to bank to get it done ones n perfect everything u sat behind ur computer forming what I Donno.

Now c how many tyms u av frequented the bank now yet no headway.

Pele is all I can say. Its gonna teach other pple lesson.

Go to bank n open ur acct. #thatsall

What is this one saying?? Are u now blaming him for making use of an easier means. Its never the OP's fault but the bank's, abi why would you create such avenue when u know you're incompetent to handle it? OP, u need to go back to the bank and ward off any form of gentlemanliness in you, I remember a time when my mum had an issue with a bank, with the kind of brouhaha she caused, the manager had to come pacify her himself.. Those bankers hate such unnecessary attention as it could make a potential big costumer have a rethink abouh banking with them. Its your money, go get it!

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by lumzybo: 6:24am On Dec 02, 2015
Sexist:

What is this one saying?? Are u now blaming him for making use of an easier means. Its never the OP's fault but the bank's, abi why would you create such avenue when u know you're incompetent to handle it? OP, u need to go back to the bank and ward off any form of gentlemanliness in you, I remember a time when my mum had an issue with a bank, with the kind of brouhaha she caused, the manager had to come pacify her himself.. Those bankers hate such unnecessary attention as it could make a potential big costumer have a rethink abouh banking with them. Its your money, go get it!

I'm not saying it's not good to follow the easy way out. But just look @ the situation the op found himself now. If he had gone to the bank he wuld av saved himself from this mess. All of a sudden he knws the way to the bank.

I won't suggest to any1 to follow that means of opening acct ( social media or roadside inclusive) Walk ursef to the bank n get it done properly. Fraudsters everywhere.

Once again, @op Pele. Hope they resolve it soon
Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by coldcandy: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
GTB scamming Nigerians since BC 1451. they have got so many customers that they cant manage. You will get your money. it will just take some time. Meanwhile open your next acct at a less glamorous bank; from my experience they are more efficient
Re: My Sad Experience With Gtbank by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2015
lumzybo:

I'm not saying it's not good to follow the easy way out. But just look @ the situation the op found himself now. If he had gone to the bank he wuld av saved himself from this mess. All of a sudden he knws the way to the bank.

I won't suggest to any1 to follow that means of opening acct ( social media or roadside inclusive) Walk ursef to the bank n get it done properly. Fraudsters everywhere.

Once again, @op Pele. Hope they resolve it soon

The point is, he didn't know it'll turnout like this. I still maintain there was nothing wrong with wah he did, afterall we all use ATMs and also make transactions online, why not go to the counter directly? With the way the world is now, also the fact that its a bank should make it seem more secure and trustworthy, if kaymu can make transactions online, how much more GTB

(1) (Reply)

Video: Mikel Obi’s Wife Advises Parents, Says Children Don't Need Ipads, Iphones / I'm Completely Dying In The Miseries Of My Unfaithfulness / Earn 10,000 By Opening A Wema Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.