Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,813 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. (936 Views)

Senate Moves To End Agony Of Nigerian Teachers / The agony of a Nigerian / 32 Inmates In Lagos Prisons Die Due To Lack Of Medication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by sample042(m): 12:43am On Dec 02, 2015
A friend shared this touching message to me on Facebook, the contents were too tough for me to hold it back. Please let's spread this message, never can tell how helpful it may turn out to be.

My name is Emmanuel Emeka, a prisoner in Ankaful
maximum security prison, Cape Coast, Ghana.I’m serving a jail-term of 130yrs imprisonment and I’m presently in my8th year. We appeal to the Nigerian government to please come to our aid. The condition here has been so unbearable for (we) Nigerian prisoners in Ghana. We need to reconnect with our families. The Ghanaian police are fond of arresting innocent Nigerians, giving them high sentence of 50yrs 70yrs 100yrs 150yrs to 200yrs. Most of us have spent 8yrs 10yrs 15yrs 17yrs 20yrs inside prison and some have died inside the prison without completing their jail-term.
Our families are in the dark, they really don’t know what we are facing. We’ve spent a lot of money trying to appeal in court, but all is to no avail. Within my 8years in prison, I have witnessed over 100 deaths of Nigerian citizen in the Ghana prison and most of their families are not even aware.They still keep the hope of their return without knowing they are dead and buried with no rites. We appeal to the government of Nigeria to please act on our behalf so we won’t continue to perish in this peril.
There are many Nigerians in all the 46 prisons in Ghana that need help from the Nigerian government. Alsothe media, kindly keep spreading the message until it finally
grips the attention of the able government.
To fellow citizens of Nigeria, our brothers, sisters, fathers
and mothers, please continue to pray for us and do what
you can to return us back home. Another sad part is that
most of us are on sick bed, no drugs for us. This is the
unseen hardship Nigerian citizens in all the prisons in Ghana are facing and myself inclusive. I’ve been sick for the past 2 months and they have not taken me to the hospital or give me any drug. They treat us like animals, they give us dry garri everyday, no access to communication. [size=20]I know how I suffered to get this phone to send this message to you. Please, on this message, lies the survival of about 800 to 1000 Nigerian prisoners in the 46 prisons in Ghana who are in this type of high sentence. Help us spread the message to all the four corners of Nigeria to make campaign for our freedom because that is the only hope left for us.[/size]

SO FELLOW NIGERIANS, THERE YOU HAVE IT! First, share
this post to create awareness and we continue from there!

Please let's help them, even if it means spending the remaining years here in Nigeria. I know it's obtainable.
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by amtaken(f): 12:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Seen this before...

Nigerian Government please come to their aid asap.
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by sample042(m): 12:46am On Dec 02, 2015
...Moderators, I think this deserves front page.
I really feel their pains, the government, social activists and the general public should condemn this inhumane treatment by the Ghanaian authorities.
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by delishpot: 12:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Oya o Buhari, next stop.........GHANA!

My Dear Nigerian Brother in Ghanian jail, I do hope with all my heart for your sake that the Nigerian government gives a hoot about your behind in jail. You see, even in Nigeria, innocent people are rotting away directly under the noses of the powers that be and no finger is lifted up to save then. You see my brother, Ghana is too far for our president to visit besides he is very tired. He just returned from france after touring the world. For now climate change is more important than what ever it is you are going through. You see Emeka, while ghanian prisons have the potential to kill Nigerians in the 100s, climate change has the ability to wipe out Nigeria as a whole. Use your tongue to count your teeth and Now you tell me Mr prisoner, which of these call for immediate attention? Please dear brother in diasporan Jail, kindly sacrifice this little for the lives if your family and friends back home. Endure for the greater good of others. Our great president is working towards CHANGE but I am sorry that wind of change is not meant to blow your direction if you are abroad especially not when you are in jail.
NB if you survive your jail experience and return to naija some time in the future, please voze for CHANGE.

Yours
Semi Oga at the top
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by armadeo(m): 1:22am On Dec 02, 2015
^^^^^

deliciously evil
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by ifyalways(f): 3:49am On Dec 02, 2015
What took them to prison?

You do the crime, please do the time gallantly
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by marsoden: 4:03am On Dec 02, 2015
ifyalways:
What took them to prison?

You do the crime, please do the time gallantly

The Ghanaian police are fond of arresting innocent Nigerians, giving them high sentence of 50yrs 70yrs 100yrs 150yrs to 200yrs. Most of us have spent 8yrs 10yrs 15yrs 17yrs 20yrs inside prison and some have died inside the prison without completing their jail-term.
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by iamord(m): 5:40am On Dec 02, 2015
sample042:
...Moderators, I think this deserves front page.
I really feel their pains, the government, social activists and the general public should condemn this inhumane treatment by the Ghanaian authorities.
if you can't do the time. Don't do the crime. There is no preferential treatment. smiley
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by iamord(m): 5:42am On Dec 02, 2015
marsoden:

The Ghanaian police are fond of arresting innocent Nigerians, giving them high sentence of 50yrs 70yrs 100yrs 150yrs to 200yrs. Most of us have spent 8yrs 10yrs 15yrs 17yrs 20yrs inside prison and some have died inside the prison without completing their jail-term.
Crazy. Hugh gear sentence is only given to criminals. Not suppose criminals but CRIMINALS.
Re: Help! The Agony Of Nigerian Inmates In Ghana. by sample042(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2015
iamord:
if you can't do the time. Don't do the crime. There is no preferential treatment. smiley

Dats an unruly statement.

(1) (Reply)

Relocating To Lagos! What Is The Easiest Way To Know My Routes Driving?? / Photos Of Goat Born With Only Two Legs / Photos: Nigerian Lady With Huge Boobs Causes Commotion On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.