Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? (6423 Views)

OEM - Brake Pad, Shock Absorbers,filters,spark Plugs,car Batteries Etc. / My Client Is In Urgent Need Of Scrap Car Batteries / Portable Car Batteries Jumpstart For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2009
Please, Can someone tell me the better type amongst the two with reason(s) ?
Thanks
smiley
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 9:46pm On May 28, 2009
Can't you guys suggest the best type for my new Wifey. smiley
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by promise72(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2009
i will say dry cell. u dont have to top up all the time. wink
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 11:21pm On May 28, 2009
@promise
Thanks, i'm planning on buying one next week,it seems too much stress and time consuming to be topping whatever( acid nd H2O) always.
Can someone recommend a good brand for me.
thanks
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by promise72(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2009
Igwe.:

@promise
Thanks, i'm planning on buying one next week,it seems too much stress and time consuming to be topping whatever( acid nd H2O) always.
Can someone recommend a good brand for me.
thanks

i no dey ground o. Cant helep you.
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 12:26am On May 29, 2009
ok, thanks
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 2:31pm On May 29, 2009
Still waiting for your responses,. what brand should i go for? cool
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by kuntash: 8:01pm On May 29, 2009
Dont look for names here in Naija,  infact buy the one wey the name seem weired or very very unknown,  you would be sure of its newness, would check d name of mine later and let u ve it,  its 75amps,  1yr old,  no stories so far,  works with AC everyday. grin
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by freshmoney(m): 8:50am On May 30, 2009
Dry cell battery is the best grin Depending on the HP power of your vehicle,depending on whether it's 4 plug, v6, v8 engine. Many thanks to my 90amps dry cell battery; my alternator got burnt-out and my powerful 90-amps drove the car from Abeokuta to Akure, can you imagine? A 5-hour journey! 75 amps could have done only from Abeokuta to Ibadan, Liquid cell could have done 45mins to 1hr.
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by freshmoney(m): 8:56am On May 30, 2009
@IGEWE 95amps powers my '05 Nissan Maxima 3.5se. SOLAR DRY CELL IS THE BEST.
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 9:39am On May 30, 2009
freshmoney:

Dry cell battery is the best grin Depending on the HP power of your vehicle,depending on whether it's 4 plug, v6, v8 engine. Many thanks to my 90amps dry cell battery; my alternator got burnt-out and my powerful 90-amps drove the car from Abeokuta to Akure, can you imagine? A 5-hour journey! 75 amps could have done only from Abeokuta to Ibadan, Liquid cell could have done 45mins to 1hr.
The car in question is 4 cyl with a/c,  will check it's HP and the capacity of the existing liquid cell.

freshmoney:

@IGEWE 95amps powers my '05 Nissan Maxima 3.5se. SOLAR DRY CELL IS THE BEST.

Thanks, i will check it out, since a/c is involved , i think capacity of this kind (95AH)  won't be bad at all for a greater battery autonomous period.

kuntash:

Dont look for names here in Naija,  infact buy the one wey the name seem weired or very very unknown,  you would be sure of its newness, would check d name of mine later and let u ve it,  its 75amps,  1yr old,  no stories so far,  works with AC everyday. grin

thanks brother, i'm waiting.

@ all
Please, If possible, would need the Lagos price ranges as i expect it from Lagos or know how to bargain in here.
Regards,
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by kuntash: 9:46am On May 30, 2009
The name is Delkor, I thinks its made in Korea, as I said, I am not sure, and I havnt heared of d name b4, it was 13.5k in Lagos Island.

you can see batteries like rocket-Jet-canopy-excellence- and even NAIRALAND as battery grin
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2009

In that case, it's not much in term of price diff as i was told sthing between 11.5k to 14 k in here by different people, but like you said, it all depends on the make  grin and it's demands.  cool .I'll confirm the brand names and their prices.grin
Thanks,
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2009
Update!
Just found one @ N12.5k, they callam ROCKET grin methinks this one na rocket scientist be the manufacturer, grin the capacity na 88AH and na dry cell and na korean made. smiley
Although the bobo wey dey sellam called N15k initially, but i was able to bargain to N12.5k,
I'm yet to make up ma mind on the best brand to go for. smiley smiley
Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2009
Finally! bought a 75 AH dry cell battery @ 12k5 naira, funny how my 88AH earlier mentioned turned out to be a 68AH under a close scrutiny. grin

It's good atimes to enter market  by yourself. Peeps can be funny  you know, shocked what's written on the carton could be far different from what's on the body of the material,  don't be surprise that your 100AH battery is just a simple sticker 100amp.  embarassed
What a lucky person like me smiley I ran into a friend lipsrsealed  Alhaji, who was in a sort of argument with one of the dealers grin that what's written on the battery he sold to him does not tally with that on the carton. aww! sad

At that moment i had to confirm my 88ah to be sure it's actually 88amp, but mehn! come see wonders, shocked the capacity was not even upto 75amp not to talk of 88amp. cheesy when I confronted the dealer, he simply said '' that's the only way I (dealer) can make gains from the battery since people pay based on what is written on it in term of AH''. shocked and the sticker of 100amp  was also placed  on 88amp to confuse people shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

Now, to cut the long tory short, if you wanna buy a battery, just be sure that no extra sticker is placed on the original sticker and the spec tallies with what's written on the carton,else you 're bound to be shortchanged, 
though we all know that the so called dry cell is nothing but a well sealed liquid cell with enough electrolyte to last long. sad
It's a pity that all my efforts to address that wicked practice proved abortive as they 're all used to police arrest grin  as alleged by their neighbors 
sad smiley
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by naijaking1: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Igwe
Is this dry cell AGM by any chance?----(absorption glass material)-those can last more than 15 years without any maintainance at all.
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by Igwe9(m): 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
naijaking1:

@Igwe
Is this dry cell AGM by any chance?----(absorption glass material)-those can last more than 15 years without any maintainance at all.

If I had known that for AGM , i would have gone for it grin, I couldn't find the ones recommended for me above , but this one is called Rocket,which i'm sure is no different from other yeye ones, the only good thing there is that i got exactly what i bargained for.

Lemme see how long this one can last irrespective of 12 months warranty placed on it.
Re: Dry Cell And Liquid Cell For Car Batteries, Which One Is The Best? by jacques1(m): 1:34pm On May 30, 2013
I anyone seeking advise from me then will surely suggest for "Dry cell". Hope it will resolved to till now if not then search about wagawoo those are well known for all kind of batteries and chargers manufacturers.

(1) (Reply)

Supper Clean 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY SPORTS / Mercedes Benz ML350 2010/11 4matic Classy/fully Loaded... / SOLD! 1.550m.Wonderful Clean Used 2008 Infiniti G35... Asking Price:N2 NOW ₦1.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.