Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer (1453 Views)

I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes / P1777 On 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander...help Needed...outlander Help!! / Advice On Replacing My Mitsubishi Outlander Fuel Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by mavverick: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello All.

I have a Mitsubishi Outlander 2003, I have some teething issues with it.

Only been in Nigeria since May, about 145k kilometres on it. The car hardly gets used, in fact most of the year its just on a stilt.

1) When you start it in the morning, the car stalls/dies. You have to leave it to run for like a minute or 2 and then its fine. After that it runs fine for the whole day. If you want to move off after starting it, then you have to press the accelerator/raise it and quickly change to DRIVE then move off, then it will move off slowly.

2)
When the car is filled up with petrol, it just dies after starting it and moving off a few metres. You then have to start the car, raise it gently then move off. Once it stalls/dies once and you use the technique of gently raising it, then its fine.

3)
There is a service engine soon warning light coming up, when i checked it with a scanner. It appears the coolant sensor is bad. I had that changed and its still thesame.

I am not worried about the last issue, but the first 2 are the ones that worry me.

Thanks.
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by baconline(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
Looks like evap canister leakage ,Google it
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by kingreign(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
mavverick:
Hello All.

Only been in Nigeria since May, about 145k kilometres on it. The car hardly gets used, in fact most of the year its just on a stilt.

1) When you start it in the morning, the car stalls/dies. You have to leave it to run for like a minute or 2 and then its fine. After that it runs fine for the whole day. If you want to move off after starting it, then you have to press the accelerator/raise it and quickly change to DRIVE then move off, then it will move off slowly.

2)
When the car is filled up with petrol, it just dies after starting it and moving off a few metres. You then have to start the car, raise it gently then move off. Once it stalls/dies once and you use the technique of gently raising it, then its fine.

3)
There is a service engine soon warning light coming up, when i checked it with a scanner. It appears the coolant sensor is bad. I had that changed and its still thesame.

I am not worried about the last issue, but the first 2 are the ones that worry me.

Thanks.

All these and no codes to show for it?
Well, if you're in Lagos and environs contact Gazzuzz 08023251039,
If you're in Abuja and environs, contact Mike 07034581213. They're good at their works and can help you out.
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by mayor2013: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
mavverick:
Hello All.

2)

3)

Thanks.

Was it only ect code that was pulled out of your computer box? Would advice you go for a much more advanced scanning first. Your engine coolant tempt sensor would cause hard start mostly in the morning and would make the car idle rough. Since its one of the sensor that is responsible for actual fuel injection. If you are in lagos and you need a solution call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin 7BE1C522
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by mavverick: 9:49am On Dec 03, 2015
I do have a code, I will find it and post here. When I googled the code I found the temperature coolant sensor thing. Also worth noting that I put another coolant sensor that was bought from the UK in, and the light remained on still.

Also, what could be causing the fuel issue when the tank is filled up.
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by femicousim: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
that coolant temp sensor can make your car exhibit those issues you listed, if you say the problem remained after replacing the sensor, did you re-scan? if you did, and it was replaced with a known good one, and it still complains about the sensor, then check the continuity of the wire and the connector

you might check the EVAP system with respect to the fuel-filling problem
Re: Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Problems - Already Scanned With Computer by mavverick: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thanks for the response, I will check the things that you raised. I did rescan after replacing sensor and yet it didnt work.

(1) (Reply)

4x4 Offroaders Videos. / Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat / 2011 Or 2012 Toyota Venza toks urgently needed 4.5-5.5m toks preferred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.