Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes (19216 Views)

What The Codes And Numbers On Your Car Tyres Mean And It's Importance / Flooded Vehicles: Here's What You Need To Know / Car Scanner /mechanic And How To Read The Codes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by princemillla(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2016
After scanning my mercury this evening I got the following codes and I wish I could get a better definition to them.

P0325
P0180
P0141
P1336
P0155
P0161
P0325
P0180
P1336

MISFIRE - OK
FUEL SYSTEM - OK
COMP. COMPONENT - OK
CATALYST MONITOR - INC
HTD CATALYST - N/A
EVAP SYSTEM MONITOR - INC
SEC AIR SYSTEM - N/A
A/C REFRIG MONITOR - N/A
OXYGEN SYSTEM MONI - INC
OXYGEN SENSOR HTR - OK
EGR /VVT SYSTEM MONI-I INC

THAT'S WHAT I GOT SCANNING THE VEHICLE.
My Ogas in the house pls kindly help out pls. The car is over consuming my fuel
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On May 06, 2016
princemillla:
After scanning my mercury this evening I got the following codes and I wish I could get a better definition to them.

P0325
P0180
P0141
P1336
P0155
P0161
P0325
P0180
P1336

MISFIRE - OK
FUEL SYSTEM - OK
COMP. COMPONENT - OK
CATALYST MONITOR - INC
HTD CATALYST - N/A
SEC AIR SYSTEM - N/A
A/C REFRIG MONITOR - N/A
OXYGEN SYSTEM MONI - INC
OXYGEN SENSOR HTR - OK

PO325 Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0180 - Fuel Temperature Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction
P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 2

P1336 - Crankshaft Position Or Camshaft Position Sensor Input Signal Error
P0155 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0161 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2(- Faulty Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Intake air leaks
- Exhaust gas leaks

The P0325 code means that the Knock Sensor is not working properly. Problems with the knock sensor will not cause an engine performance problems. Replacing the knock sensor usually takes care of the problem.

P0180 Description
The fuel tank temperature sensor is used to detect the fuel temperature inside the fuel tank. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The modified signal returns to the ECM as the fuel temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.

P1336 FORD - Crankshaft Position Or Camshaft Position Sensor Input Signal Error.The input signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) from the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor or the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor is erratic.

1 Like

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by fistonati(m): 9:58pm On May 06, 2016
God knows that I really want to help you, but wait small till I have my cars

2 Likes

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by fistonati(m): 10:00pm On May 06, 2016
God knows that I really want to help you, but wait small till I have my cars
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by diportivo: 10:44pm On May 06, 2016
See the reasons u r using 65ltrs of petrol to-fro lagos to abeokuta shocked

Clear the codes ....drive for aa while and rescan.see what comes up
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 11:28pm On May 06, 2016
good
but if you can get a live data, it will be better, it's gotten from the scan also
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 8:27am On May 07, 2016
This car needs spiritual healing embarassed
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 9:55am On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:
Nope, I believe it's only a vacuum leak. This powertrain obd (engine management system) is generic. So one condition can set so many codes.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by kingreign(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2016
princemillla:

P0325
P0180
P0141
P1336
P0155
P0161
P0325
P0180
P1336

MISFIRE - OK
FUEL SYSTEM - OK
COMP. COMPONENT - OK
CATALYST MONITOR - INC
HTD CATALYST - N/A
SEC AIR SYSTEM - N/A
A/C REFRIG MONITOR - N/A
OXYGEN SYSTEM MONI - INC
OXYGEN SENSOR HTR - OK

What type of car is this? I mean the manufacturer name, model, year of manufacture, engine and drive type.

Also where is your location?
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 12:06pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
Nope, I believe it's only a vacuum leak. This powertrain obd (engine management system) is generic. So one condition can set so many codes.

What has a knock sensor fault error got to do with a vacuum leak?
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
kingreign:

What type of car is this? I mean the manufacturer name, model, year of manufacture, engine and drive type.

Also where is your location?
From some specific codes I see there it belongs to the Ford family. Op did say mecury
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:
I dey tell U.but at least I am glad for him his wires and brain box are working
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 12:15pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:

Yeh I think he should start with the knock sensor
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 12:16pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
Vacum leak has a specific code. From the long list non says vacuum leak
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:29pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:

I am not saying that it is definitely a vacuum leak, knock sensor fault can happen, but the car consumes too much fuel, so, with my experience, I will first of all check if it's a vacuum leak, using the scan tool, it takes 10 seconds, if it's not a vacuum leak, I will get a definite direction, in chasing the problem instead of chasing my tail round and round.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 12:33pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Vacum leak has a specific code. From the long list non says vacuum leak
You don't know how trickish, this vacuum leak is, sometimes, it will be clear that the engine has a problem, but no codes, do you know why? For a clue, do you know what generic means?
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 1:35pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
I am not saying that it is definitely a vacuum leak, knock sensor fault can happen, but the car consumes too much fuel, so, with my experience, I will first of all check if it's a vacuum leak, using the scan tool, it takes 10 seconds, if it's not a vacuum leak, I will get a definite direction, in chasing the problem instead of chasing my tail round and round.

You want to use a scan tool to trace a vacuum leak. Men thats almost an impossible task. All the scan would tell give you is a misfire fault error. Nuffin more nuffin less. You could get a code on evap system very possible but the scan tool would not help you trace the leak. Other vacuum leaks could be as a result of external air getting into the engine
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 1:39pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:

You want to use a scan tool to trace a vacuum leak. Men thats almost an impossible task. All the scan would tell give you is a misfire fault error. Nuffin more nuffin less. You could get a code on evap system very possible but the scan tool would not help you trace the leak. Other vacuum leaks could be as a result of external air getting into the engine
You use the scan tool's live data to diagnose the problem, and get a direction, don't you know how to use the live data? Abi you use only a code reader, I use the Autel maxidas ds708. It is a dealer level scan tool not a simple code puller.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 1:42pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
You use the scan tool's live data to diagnose the problem, and get a direction, don't you know how to use the live data?

Pls I have never heard of live data my whole life. What does it do grin

1 Like

Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 1:47pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:

Pls I have never heard of live data my whole life. What does it do grin
if you mean it, then little wonder you are saying this, any ways Google is your friend.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 1:51pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
if you mean it, then little wonder you are saying this, any ways Google is your friend.

Teacher pls teach me cheesy
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 2:02pm On May 07, 2016
princemillla:

P0325
P0180
P0141
P1336
P0155
P0161
P0325
P0180
P1336

MISFIRE - OK
FUEL SYSTEM - OK
COMP. COMPONENT - OK
CATALYST MONITOR - INC
HTD CATALYST - N/A
SEC AIR SYSTEM - N/A
A/C REFRIG MONITOR - N/A
OXYGEN SYSTEM MONI - INC
OXYGEN SENSOR HTR - OK

Go to a technician that can read and interprete the live data, and understands what fuel trim is all about, so he can pin point what the problem( is ) (are) don't go about swapping parts.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 2:54pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
You don't know how trickish, this vacuum leak is, sometimes, it will be clear that the engine has a problem, but no codes, do you know why? For a clue, do you know what generic means?
Yes I do as a matter of fact I have been dealing with codes long enough. I am one of the early persons to have a scanner on NL.vacuum leak codes are the easiest to pick up
Reason the vacuum is presurised. It's quite easy to detect however to find where the leak is well that's another story
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 2:58pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
Bro for real?scan to trace a vacuum leak
There are only two ways to trace a vacuum e leak.
1 fru physical inspection
2 the smoke test
Feel free to add more
Unless you do not know what your vacuum lines are and confusing it with something else.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 3:27pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Yes I do as a matter of fact I have been dealing with codes long enough. I am one of the early persons to have a scanner on NL.vacuum leak codes are the easiest to pick up
Reason the vacuum is presurised. It's quite easy to detect however to find where the leak is well that's another story
yes, but you know what is called the stoichiometric ratio of car engines, and what is called the fuel trim, if you understand these two, then you are a real professional, look there are times when there is a leak but it is not enough to set a code, but clearly the engine is running rough, because the fuel trim has not gotten to the threshold where it will set a code, so what did yo do in such situations? Allow a rival to do the job? because you don't know what hell is going on, by no means, The ability to read and interpret live data is what sets a professional from a quack.
But bear in mind that vacuum leaks DON'T always set a DTC, sometimes it gives you an o2 sensor fault code, because the excess air make it read lean all the time. Sometimes it may be running rich, infact you should Google fuel trim to know better.
To detect a leak is easy when you have the right tools, ie a smoke machine, even water can be used in some instances.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 4:11pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Bro for real?scan to trace a vacuum leak
There are only two ways to trace a vacuum e leak.
1 fru physical inspection
2 the smoke test
Feel free to add more
Unless you do not know what your vacuum lines are and confusing it with something else.
read and comprehend, I use live data to get a direction, not to trace, i mean what da fvck is wrong with you, your son cannot run to you saying daddy I lost it, daddy I lost it, then you start to run around the house looking for it. You must ask him first, what is it you lost? It shows that you believe scan tools are for pulling codes only, only quacks do that.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 4:12pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
yes, but you know what is called the stoichiometric ratio of car engines, and what is called the fuel trim, if you understand these two, then you are a real professional, look there are times when there is a leak but it is not enough to set a code, but clearly the engine is running rough, because the fuel trim has not gotten to the threshold where it will set a code, so what did yo do in such situations? Allow a rival to do the job? because you don't know what hell is going on, by no means, The ability to read and interpret live data is what sets a professional from a quack.
But bear in mind that vacuum leaks DON'T always set a DTC, sometimes it gives you an o2 sensor fault code, because the excess air make it read lean all the time. Sometimes it may be running rich, infact you should Google fuel trim to know better.
To detect a leak is easy when you have the right tools, ie a smoke machine, even water can be used in some instances.
I have read all you have said, I think you are learning as we go which is good,you have realized you cant detect a vacuum leak via a scanner that was what mayor2013 was trying to correct you on, and also you can never use WATER to detect a vacuum leak NEVER(How would you fill the vacuum line that goes into your throttle body with water?) if you insist where are you going to put the water? don't forget vacuum means no air.
From all the codes up there, all he has to start with is inspect teh Knock sensor, if found bad change it then he takes it from there,
Just as a point to note, your live DATA does not give you repairs suggestion rather a flow chat of how things are working.The only thing that suggest a fault is your OBD11 fault code stored i n your ECU interpreted via ur scanner.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by cocoduck: 4:14pm On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

I have read all you have said, I think you are learning as we go which is good,you have realized you cant detect a vacuum leak via a scanner that was what mayor2013 was trying to correct you on, and also you can never use WATER to detect a vacuum leak NEVER(How would you fill the vacuum line that goes into your throttle body with water?) if you insist where are you going to put the water? don't forget vacuum means no air.
From all the codes up there, all he has to start with is inspect teh Knock sensor, if found bad change it then he takes it from there,
Just as a point to note, your live DATA does not give you repairs suggestion rather a flow chat of how things are working.The only thing that suggest a fault is your OBD11 fault code stored i n your ECU interpreted via ur scanner.
I said in some instances, ice on the intake manifold, after the MAF, you can use water, trust me
As for the knock sensor, will you vomit a knock sensor? When he goes to buy the sensor, you use the time to do other diagnosis. I use the live data to give myself a direction, and to verify the fix, where would I be without the live data? it is very invaluable, trust me. Now what do you know about LTFT and STFT? no expo, no googling.
Look I work smart not hard.
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
read and comprehend, I use live data to get a direction, not to trace, i mean what da fvck is wrong with you, your son cannot run to you saying daddy I lost it, daddy I lost it, then you start to run around the house looking for it. You must ask him first, what is it you lost? It shows that you believe scan tools are for pulling codes only, only quacks do that.
Well I'm not suprised you use live data to get direction, Now just to explain more to you how do you use live data to get direction on a car which won't start or are we going to use water too? grin grin
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:
I said in some instances, ice on the intake manifold, after the MAF, you can use water, trust me
ok, well I have found the smoke test better and more accurate
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by mayor2013: 4:17pm On May 07, 2016
cocoduck:

Better to be used is carb cleaner
Re: I Scanned My Vehicles... Here Are The Codes by erico2k2(m): 4:22pm On May 07, 2016
mayor2013:

Better to be used is carb cleaner
yeh but if your car don't start you can't do that, if you don't have access to the pipes/lines you cant do it as well, grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron / Top 8 Common Car Facts That Are Actually Not True / The History And Evolution Of Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.