Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze (1872 Views)

More Photos Of IPOB Members Allegedly Set Mosque Ablaze In Enugu / Lagos, Abuja, Anywhere Igbo Reside And Invest Is Part Of Biafra -MASSOB / Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by naijaracist(m): 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
BY FRANCIS IGATA
ENUGU – Following ground swell protests at Ontisha,Anambra State and other states of the south-east geopolitical zone staged by members of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and the Indigenous People of Biafra,IBOP,last Tuesday,calling on the Federal Government to release their detained leader, Nnamdi Kanu, the two pro-Biafra groups, Wednesday, disassociated selves from acts of arson and violence that culminated in the razing down of Onitsha Central Mosque and burning of some vehicles.

This came as the Inspector General of Police,Solomon Arase, warned that the Nigerian Police Force, NPF, will henceforth, arrest and prosecute persons found to be engaged in the breakdown of law and order by way of protests,especially in the old eastern region.

It would recalled that over 40,000 members and sympathizers of MASSOB and IPOB,had last Tuesday,shut down commercial and business activities in the south-east geopolitical zone in an avowed stance for the creation of the sovereign State of Biafra hinged on perceived injustice,marginalization and neglect meted to the people of the region.

In a statement made available to newsmen by MASSOB Acting Leader, Uchenna Madu which reads in part,”the setting of Ontisha Central Mosque,vehicles ablaze and making of burning fires which depicts violence are not done by the members of IPOB or MASSOB under my leadership.

“This unwarranted acts of violence are perfected by hoodlums sponsored by agents of the Federal Government to create impression that non violence and peaceful pro-Biafra group have turned violent on our agitation for Biafra. Our oppressors are no longer comfortable. There is no evidence of terrorism in our protest. How can we now resort to violence now that we’re told that the presidency is about negotiating with leaders of pro-Biafra group?

“With today’s killing of our members and injuring many with bullet shots,we are no longer comfortable with the presidency’s move for dialogue. Federal Government move for dialogue is hypocritical and deceitful. Any Igbo group,organization and persons negotiating,meeting or dialoguing with the presidency on our behalf without our consent or mandate should stop now.

“MASSOB led by Uchenna Madu and IPOB led by Nnamdi Kanu have never mandated any person to negotiate for us. Even in this persecution,arrest,killings,clampdown,suppression against us by Nigeria Government,we shall continue and intensify our non violence agitation for Biafra. For Nigeria to release their Armed Forces against non violence,defenseless Biafra agitators shows their wickedness and the devilish mind of President Muhammad Buhari against our people.”

SOURCE:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/biafra-massobipob-deny-setting-onitsha-central-mosque-ablaze/
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by naijaracist(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Buhari must face the music, after his four year tenure he must be jailed. No going back on Biafra. Those who are afraid to die can leave the topic alone. shooting the people will not stop the protest. If you like kill everybody the protest must continue until we have referendum.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by MzPecs(f): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good..
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
IPOB are educated people, they don't do violence. Yorubas must have done all those.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by phyllosilicate(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
You organised 40,000 hoodlums to protest thinking you can control them.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by babyfaceafrica: 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
What do the mean?...if your protest was hijacked by some people ..its is whose fault?....i hold both you and the FG for all the lives that was lost..........i just hope it wont continue because people when people up north start to retaliate i don't want to hear any noise o.....my people will say first to do no dey pain.....stop playing the victim!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
What do the mean?...if your protest was hijacked by some people ..its is whose fault?....i hold both you and the FG for all the lives that was lost..........i just hope it wont continue because people when people up north start to retaliate i don't want to hear any noise o.....my people will say first to do no dey pain.....stop playing the victim!!!!!!!!!
oga please shut up, if you are scared of northerners, we are not scared of them. Infact we want the killing to start so when can attract the attention of international body. Are northerners gods, if you worship them, we don't.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Eledan: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Peaceful protest my foot!
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by babyfaceafrica: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
menabadoo:
oga please shut up, if you are scared of northerners, we are not scared of them. Infact we want the killing to start so when can attract the attention of international body. Are northerners gods, if you worship them, we don't.
lolz..........so you want to attract international attention?...continue...what you dont know is every body is has its own problems...russia,china,france ,usa are engaged with ISIS......you will be left alone....i hope you are no typing from benin republic o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by qotaqa: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Eledan:
Peaceful protest my foot!
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by shepherd77: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
Crap.

Anyone who dies in a senseless protest will form fossil fuel for generations yet unborn
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Calculia: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
That mosque was burnt by the same terrorist bombing mosque in kano.

Hausa Fulani. Boko Haram!

The propaganda will not stop the peaceful Biafra Protest.

It will continue until, UN peace keepers and Africom put boots on ground to divide us.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by judiciarypalava: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

That is the point, fear that kills several times before the real death. For crying out loud, the North does not have monopoly of violence. For your information, a typical informed Igbo man will always perfect whatever he wants to do, be it the good or the bad one as the situation demands.
Am sure you are nowhere near the protest areas and you are shaking. Be a man sister babyfaceafrica, I nugo.
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by phyllosilicate(m): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
menabadoo:

When Ojukwu sacrificed 3 million of you what did the international community do? They oilled Nigerian army killing machine.

It is high time you change your strategy, sacrificing yourselfs won't work.
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
London bridge is falling down falling down falling down London bridge is falling down now in the zoo
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Kyase(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=naijaracist post=40624276]
You sure?
They will continue shooting them until only 3 is left for the protest cool
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by qotaqa: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
menabadoo:
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
lolz..........so you want to attract international attention?...continue...what you dont know is every body is has its own problems...russia,china,france ,usa are engaged with ISIS......you will be left alone....i hope you are no typing from benin republic o
stop shouting about killing as if only them know how to kill, you should be talking about how to resolve the issue. Do you think igbos will fold their hands when it starts or you think some few yorubas will not be caught up in it? Go and read the Biafra statistics, Biafra kill more Nigerian soldiers.

Stop spewing nonsense
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Armaggedon: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Double post
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
phyllosilicate:

When Ojukwu sacrificed 3 million of you what did the international community do? They oilled Nigerian army killing machine.

It is high time you change your strategy, sacrificing yourselfs won't work.
face your issue, how is it any of your business if we want to die again?

Why are you concerned?
Face front abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Armaggedon: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
phyllosilicate:
You organised 40,000 hoodlums to protest thinking you can control them.
the 40000 people are Biafrans and not animals from the waste of your zoo. So they can be controlled.
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by baralatie(m): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Una never talk
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
Vanguard -the biafran newspaper- has confirmed the Incident. #EOD
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by phyllosilicate(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
you mind the guy

Before Kanu was arrested, he protested to Amnesty International. The guy done dey prison since, them dey use he supporters take do target practice, Amnesty International no give a damn. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nnamdi-kanu-ipob-takes-protest-to-amnesty-intl/
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by dtruth3(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
All hail Biafra! Land of the rising SUN!
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by babyfaceafrica: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
judiciarypalava:

That is the point, fear that kills several times before the real death. For crying out loud, the North does not have monopoly of violence. For your information, a typical informed Igbo man will always perfect whatever he wants to do, be it the good or the bad one as the situation demands.
Am sure you are nowhere near the protest areas and you are shaking. Be a man sister babyfaceafrica, I nugo.
am not a sister!!!!!...am in lagos and patiently watin for them to bring it on....we will see who will loose!!!
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by madenigga(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
the people responsible for the onitsha fire has been caught;
https://www.nairaland.com/2777112/brains-behind-burning-central-mosque

1 Like

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Vanguard has been rendered useless by PDP. The media house is no longer a credible source of true news.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Biafrans are peaceful and loving people...
Re: Biafra: MASSOB,IPOB Deny Setting Onitsha Central Mosque Ablaze by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo:
Vanguard has been rendered useless by PDP. The media house is no longer a credible source of true news.

Just because this news didn't favour you right??

Vanguard and sun newspapers has always been the most transparent newspaper run in Nigeria and Africa..

No wonder international medias redirect to them for our local news.

(1) (Reply)

Flash: We’ll Destroy All Oil Pipelines If .... Ankio Briggs / Check Out This Pastor Who Only Preach While On Top Of Humans. Picture. / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Reveal True Reason Nigeria In Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.