Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

a careless government imposing a state of emergency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / a careless government imposing a state of emergency (400 Views)

Declare State Of Emergency In Zamfara - Dansadau Tells Buhari / FG Imposing More Hardships On Nigeria With VAT Increment - Fayose / Wike Makes A State Broadcast On The Tribunal Judgment (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

a careless government imposing a state of emergency by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
I never believed this generation of igbos can be so united. Honestly,i'm very happy seeing my people in their thousands protesting for what they want. Its a shame that the nigerian state take no action to peaceful protests,they only come to the negotiating table in the event of a violent unrest,with reference to the Niger delta crisis.

It won't come as a surprise if a state of emergency is declared in Anambra state,but I know this won't deter the protesters,it would only make them resort to handling arms. One thing I know for sure is that the population of the Nigerian Army in the East cannot be measured to the population of these protesters,imagine these protesters handling weapons,shooting at soldiers,at uniformed men, believe me you, at this point the sultan won't mind trekking to onitsha for peace talks and we might get to this stage, with Buhari threatening to stop the funding of amnesty program designed for militants ,and planning on using the Niger delta money to rebuild the war ravaged North East,I foresee calamity that should have been avoided.

Nigeria cannot handle three wars,namely,Bokoharam war,Niger delta war and Biafran war.

The Nigerian government should know that a political problem cannot be solved completely with the use of force,there should be room for diplomacy,if not so, the civil war should have dealt with the idea of biafra,but like we see today, the idea of biafra is ever existent in the consciousness of an average igbo human.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senate Clears Air On “jailing Social Media Users” Biill Passed / Former Presidential Candidate Kidnapped In Kogi / Ex-gov. Ohakim Gave Me N270 Million Cash – Abu Sule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.