Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Love Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love Of Christ (402 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Prophetess Faith Aigbe Of Christ Restoration Bible Church Heals A Man / Repentance For The Church Of Christ In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of Christ by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
THE LOVE OF CHRIST
Romans 8: 35-39

35"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution,or famine, or peril, or sword?
38. For I am persuaded, That neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Love is defined as an intense feeling of affection and care towards another person.

Having understood what love is, many have misinterpreted this text, making it look like a barrier too high for man to break.

God want to correct an impression. The verse reads... Who shall separate US from the love of Christ.. not who shall separate Christ from our love. For herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us...(1John 4:10a)

What a revelation!!! That NOTHING.. absolutely NOTHING can separate YOU and ME from God's love.

How big is this LOVE?

Eph 3:18&19
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the BREADTH, and LENGTH, and DEPTH, and HEIGHT; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth all knowledge......

The Love of God is so wide. Wide enough to reach very young Timothy and at the same time melting the heart of a thief on the cross just few minutes to the end of his life. Wide enough to cover all ends of life reaching a second old baby and a dying man.

It is long enough. longer than all ages. Longer than the age of the world multiplied by the number of hours in a day multiplied by the number of seconds in an hour. Long enough to reach Abraham yet still potent enough to touch Matthew the publican

It is deeper than depths.. Deep enough to reach sinking Jonah.. Deep enough to posses the keys to hell. Deep enough to search the depth of our thoughts.

Higher it is than the highest Heavens. High enough to translate Enoch and Elijah. Higher it is than principalities and power.

Not even Sin can separate us from his Love because while we were yet sinners, wallowing in disobedience to His command, not repenting and stiff necked. While we were lost in fornication, adultery, uncleaness, lasciviousness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, malice, anger, wrath, blasphemy, filthy communications, lies, gambling e.t.c, He sent his only begotten Son to die for our Sins. (John 3:16)

His Son Jesus, Having forgiven us ALL trespasses, blotted out the handwriting of ordinances(that brings condemnation and guilt) that was against us, which was contrary to us, taking it out of the way, nailing it to the cross.

What a Marvellous God!! Loving wretched sinners like we are.

But many times we have rejected this LOVE.
"By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. (Songs of Solomon 3:1)

He came looking for us. Searching to pour out his love on us. But like Adam, our faces are hidden in sin, in cares of this world and He that commits sin is of the devil.

We have restricted his love for us in many ways by ignoring his widely stretched out hands.

Today is another opportunity. Reading this message is part of his love. Tomorrow might be the beginning of one of the many days that's not yours.

Decide for Christ now.

(1) (Reply)

Dec 8. The Solemnity Of The Immaculate Conception. / Prosperity Messages At The Expense Of Holiness Messages / Truths To Remember

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.