Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents (1064 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 03, 2015
1.You have joined bad gang. (Used when your
behavior just defies all understanding)
"Why are flying your shirt like an agbero? So you have
have joined bad gang?"

2. Am I your mate? (Used when they are saying one
thing & you are saying two things)
"So I'm talking & you too are talking, abi? Am I your
mate?"

3. You've grown wings. (Used when you try to form
adult in front of them) "Ah! So, you've grown wings?"

4. Before I open my eyes. (Used when they want to
give you adequate time to escape before they kill you)
"My friend, you better get out from here before I open
my eyes"

5. Let me keep it for you. (Used when they want your money. You'll most like never see it again)
"Aunty said she gave you money, bring it let me keep
it for you"

6. If you like. (It actually means *if you want to die)
"If you like, don't come home by 6pm"

7. I didn't kill my parents, you will not kill me. (Used when they're reaching the peak of their stress level)
"I didn't kill my parents, you will not me. It's me that'll
kill you first"

8. ...there's rice in the fridge. (Used whenever you
bring up eating outside)
Kid: Mummy, can we branch Mr. Biggs? Mum: Why? When there's rice in the fridge?

9. When I was your age. (Used when they're about to
exaggerate)
"When I was your age, I used to walk past 4 villages
just to get to school"

10. Let us clean the house. (Used when they want You to clean the house)
Mum: Let Us clean the house. *sits down & crosses
legs.

11. We will soon leave. (Used when you'll be there for
at least another hour)
"Oya get ready. We will soon leave."

12. Oya come & beat me. (Used when you make the
fatal error of talking back at them or worse dodge a
slap)
"Oh? You're now a man abi? Oya come & beat me"

13. See your life. (Used when they want you to reflect
on your own stupidity) "So, this is the result you brought home. See your life?
When all you know is to be pressing phone"

14. Can't they come to your own house? (Used when
you wanna go visit a friend)
"Every time Ifeoma's house, Cynthia's house. Can't
they come to your own house? Or you want them to think you don't have a house?"

15. Have you seen me this morning? (Used when you
don't greet them quick enough)
"So, you cannot greet abi? Have you seen me this
morning?"

Feel free to add yours cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by boboLIL(m): 7:32am On Dec 03, 2015
Notin sweet pass parents wey sabi watsup..... My mum na bae

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by rawpadgin(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin
whatever u are doing to me now, ur children will do same to u

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by BrianRoss: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2015
lol,

~if i hear pim from u, u will hear wiiie

~everything am doing is for ur own good

~if u like dnt read it will reflect on ur result!

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by Geestarry(f): 7:51am On Dec 03, 2015
Very true
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by Mariecakes(f): 7:52am On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by laurenziz6(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2015
Nice one op
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by JimTiger4(m): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2015
This phone u are always pressing will kill u one day grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2015
rawpadgin:
grin grin
How did I omit this one?

But since all african parents always saay this and our parents always say this whenever we suffer them,it implies that they also suffered their parents too grin grin grin
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2015
I heard this a million times cheesy cheesy grin
rawpadgin:
grin grin

When you come home late, this phrase "go back to where yur coming from" or "go back and sleep where yur coming from"
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by rawpadgin(m): 9:48am On Dec 03, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
I heard this a million times cheesy cheesy grin

When you come home late, this phrase "go back to where yur coming from" or "go back and sleep where yur coming from"
grin
wen u are being too stubborn, mama will be like "u don chop witch"" grin
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by rawpadgin(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2015
holyFRED:

How did I omit this one?

But since all african parents always saay this and our parents always say this whenever we suffer them,it implies that they also suffered their parents too grin grin grin
exactly
a little girl was giving her mother a lot of trouble
one day the mother said to her " please behave urself, dont u know that wenever u misbehave i get another grey hair on my head"

& the little girl replied " really? then u too must have been a stubborn girl wen u a kid, just look @ all the grey grey hair grandma has". grin grin
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by rawpadgin(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
JimTiger4:
This phone u are always pressing will kill u one day grin
this one is for the indomie generation kids cheesy

wen we were under parental care we never had fones
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
rawpadgin:
exactly
a little girl was giving her mother a lot of trouble
one day the mother said to her " please behave urself, dont u know that wenever u misbehave i get another grey hair on my head"

& the little girl replied " really? then u too must have been a stubborn girl wen u a kid, just look @ all the grey grey hair grandma has". grin grin
LOL gringrin
Re: 15 Things You Probably Heard If You Grew Up With Typical Nigerian Parents by rakkeal(f): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
BrianRoss:
lol,

~if i hear pim from u, u will hear wiiie

~everything am doing is for ur own good

~if u like dnt read it will reflect on ur result!
Lol

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women / Touching Picture.. A Man Makes Sculputre Of His Dead Child / What A Deeper Life Wedding Looks Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.