Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:21 PM

POST-BIAFRA Analysis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POST-BIAFRA Analysis (732 Views)

Post Biafra-what Will Happen To Your Properties/Investment. Prof Charles Soludo / American News Media Huffington Post-biafra Nationhood: Unfinished Decolonization / American News Media Huffington Post.Biafra Nationhood: Unfinished Decolonization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POST-BIAFRA Analysis by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 03, 2015
Let's say Buhari gives them (I say them cos I refuse to acknowledge those protesting as Igbos considering that they are there representing their own selfish ideology and not the "interest" of the Igbos, you can fool some but you can't fool everyone) Biafra, the following are most likely post-biafra events:
1. There will be a sharing formula for the oil fields. Nigeria will keep a lion share of the revenue (about 75% considering it's larger and got more mouths to feed) from that region while Biafra gets 25%.
2. Biafra will need to settle militants and "landlord" if they want peace. So 30% of their 25% goes to settling people. And they are left with 70% of the 25%. Say $1 billion is made monthly, 25% is $250 million and 70% of $250 million is $175 million.
3. Biafra needs to pay salaries. $75 million should be able to address that. And they will be left with $100 million. Bear in mind I'm yet to factor in expenditure which is way higher than paying salaries. Expenditures include paying for services like repairing n maintaining vehicles, office equipment n stationaries etc. Which should be way above $75 million if Biafra is doing things right.
4. Most importantly, development. $100 million left (assuming they are planning to "manage" without expenditures) is not enough for true development. So Biafra can only use this money to maintain Biafra rather than build new cities and what not. And money has finished.
5. As a new country, they will need to develop their military, police, navy and airforce. There's no money. So they will have no other option but to increase tax and and introduce "innovative" tax like VAT etc. So cost of living in Biafra will now be higher than that in Nigeria.
6. Since Biafra cannot afford to develop Biafra, they will turn to the private sector (lmho....and this is where things get interesting) to develop Biafra. Why interesting? It's same thing Ubunit (pronounce backwards) is trying to do in lagos. There will be toll plaza on all your roads, super expensive cities Biafrans can't afford, private health-care, private telecommunications, private schools, private power, private water, private utility and private Biafra (expensive Biafra).
7. I didn't factor in the likelihood of civil war breaking out which is at 75-85%. Civil war isn't with Nigeria o (see South Sudan, President Bashir was the problem....so let's ask South Sudanese people who the problem is now). Cos in an oil rich region, people will fight for control and let's not forget those who have been campaigning for Biafra before you guys were born, they will feel cheated if not included in the new Biafra government and would turn to arms to get included. So for peace to exist, Biafra will admit incompetent people into their government thus reducing the efficiency of the government from 75% (naturally there will always be idiots in the government) to about 45%. Meaning that the government of Biafra will hemorrhage and fall into a coma (semi failed state) and turn to borrowing funds.
8. Biafran will start migrating into Nigeria in search of greener pastures and thanks to the current situation and circumstances that would lead to their "independence", people would look down on them and mistreat them worse than ever. See how Nigerians are being treated abroad....Biafran women will turn to prostitution to survive while their men will work in inhumane conditions just to make a living.
9. At this stage, things are already bad thus increasing the probability of a military coup. And we already know how that story goes: "We come in peace n here to help, people chant n rejoice then turns out they are there to help themselves, then people scream and pray for another military coup....and the story goes on".
Radio Biafra is busy broadcasting daydreams and hate. It's easy to do this...example: APC n Buhari, but given the chance to bring change na there story go change. Don't be fooled by radio Biafra's wishful thinking.
Careful what you wish for. Not everyone trying to "help" you truly want to help you. Figure things out yourself.
The situation here is like when a guy presents himself as an angel to a girl so she can breakup with her current boyfriend who truly cares about her. All the guys know how that story ends. And for the non-PRO-BIAFRA folks out there...try and educate the "Pro-Biafra" people out there kindly n gently. It takes patience and humility. Yes you are going to get insulted but true love always prevail. Together we can avert bloodshed and unify true nigerians to stand together and defeat ignorance in Nigeria.
I am 100% Igbo and my analysis is based on my limited knowledge of global/civilization trends and affairs.
LIKE I SAID, IT'S EASY TO PREACH HATE AND COME UP WITH WISHFUL THOUGHTS. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MY ANALYSIS, COME UP WITH YOUR FEASIBLE ANALYSIS BACKED BY MATHEMATICAL FACTS.

"Politics and poetry, promises- these are lies. Numbers are the closest where we get to the handwriting of God."

2 Likes

Re: POST-BIAFRA Analysis by babyfaceafrica: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2015
chimze:
Let's say Buhari gives them (I say them cos I refuse to acknowledge those protesting as Igbos considering that they are there representing their own selfish ideology and not the "interest" of the Igbos, you can fool some but you can't fool everyone) Biafra, the following are most likely post-biafra events: 1. There will be a sharing formula for the oil fields. Nigeria will keep a lion share of the revenue (about 75% considering it's larger and got more mouths to feed) from that region while Biafra gets 25%.
2. Biafra will need to settle militants and "landlord" if they want peace. So 30% of their 25% goes to settling people. And they are left with 70% of the 25%. Say $1 billion is made monthly, 25% is $250 million and 70% of $250 million is $175 million.
3. Biafra needs to pay salaries. $75 million should be able to address that. And they will be left with $100 million. Bear in mind I'm yet to factor in expenditure which is way higher than paying salaries. Expenditures include paying for services like repairing n maintaining vehicles, office equipment n stationaries etc. Which should be way above $75 million if Biafra is doing things right.
4. Most importantly, development. $100 million left (assuming they are planning to "manage" without expenditures) is not enough for true development. So Biafra can only use this money to maintain Biafra rather than build new cities and what not. And money has finished.
5. As a new country, they will need to develop their military, police, navy and airforce. There's no money. So they will have no other option but to increase tax and and introduce "innovative" tax like VAT etc. So cost of living in Biafra will now be high-speed than that in Nigeria.
6. Since Biafra cannot afford to develop Biafra, they will turn to the private sector (lmho....and this is where things get interesting) to develop Biafra. Why interesting? It's same thing Ubunit (pronounce backwards) is trying to do in lagos. There will be toll plaza on all your roads, super expensive cities Biafrans can't afford, private health-care, private telecommunications, private schools, private power, private water, private utility and private Biafra (expensive Biafra).
7. I didn't factor in the likelihood of civil war breaking out which is at 75-85%. Civil war isn't with Nigeria o (see South Sudan, President Bashir was the problem....so let's ask South Sudanese people who the problem is now). Cos in an oil rich region, people will fight for control and let's not forget those who have been campaigning for Biafra before you guys were born, they will feel cheated if not included in the new Biafra government and would turn to arms for get included. So for peace to exist, Biafra will admit incompetent people into their government thus reducing the efficiency of the government from 75% (naturally there will always be idiots in the government) to about 45%. Meaning that the government of Biafra will hemorrhage and fall into a coma (semi failed state) and turn to borrowing funds.
8. Biafran will start migrating into Nigeria in search of greener pastures and thanks to the current situation and circumstances that would lead to their "independence", people would look down on them and mistreat them worse than ever. See how Nigerians are being treated abroad....Biafran women will turn to prostitution to survive while their men will work in inhumane conditions just to make a living.
9. At this stage, things are already bad thus increasing the probability of a military coup. And we already know how that story goes: "We come in peace n here to help, people chant n rejoice then turns out they are there to help themselves, then people scream and pray for another military coup....and the story goes on".
Radio Biafra is busy broadcasting daydreams and hate. It's easy to do this...example: APC n Buhari, but given the chance to bring change na there story go change. Don't be fooled by radio Biafra's wishful thinking.
Careful what you wish for. Not everyone trying to "help" you truly want to help you. Figure things out yourself.
The situation here is like when a guy presents himself as an angel to a girl so she can breakup with her current boyfriend who truly cares about her. All the guys know how that story ends. And for the non-PRO-BIAFRA folks out there...try and educate the "Pro-Biafra" people out there kindly n gently. It takes patience and humility. Yes you are going to get insulted but true love always prevail. Together we can avert bloodshed and unify true nigerians to stand together and defeat ignorance in Nigeria.
I am 100% Igbo and my analysis is based on my limited knowledge of global/civilization trends and affairs.
LIKE I SAID, IT'S EASY TO PREACH HATE AND COME UP WITH WISHFUL THOUGHTS. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MY ANALYSIS, COME UP WITH YOUR FEASIBLE ANALYSIS BACKED BY MATHEMATICAL FACTS.

"Politics and poetry, promises- these are lies. Numbers are the closest where we get to the handwriting of God."
Guy you love this people o

1 Like

Re: POST-BIAFRA Analysis by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2015
You lots seems not to understand that this time around it is a total restoration of Biafra or nothing else by the raging Biafra agitators. This time around they ve strategically planed there scripts long time ago and so far the fg been foolishly acting to there scripts. for now in the plight of FG intimidation and killings they have chosen to be peaceful, sensitizing the world how serious and resolute they are in the pursuit.
The next phase is what i can't reel out for now, but that next phase will be the drive that will usher the '' word'' The End Justify The Means,,, in that next phase even those here on nairaland doing lip services antagonizing the Biafra course will be the ones pleading to the govt and world bodies to grant them there Biafra. Watch it as time unfolds.

1 Like

Re: POST-BIAFRA Analysis by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
Demburrows:
You lots seems not to understand that this time around it is a total restoration of Biafra or nothing else by the raging Biafra agitators. This time around they ve strategically planed there scripts long time ago and so far the fg been foolishly acting to there scripts. for now in the plight of FG intimidation and killings they have chosen to be peaceful, sensitizing the world how serious and resolute they are in the pursuit.
The next phase is what i can't reel out for now, but that next phase will be the drive that will usher the '' word'' The End Justify The Means,,, in that next phase even those here on nairaland doing lip services antagonizing the Biafra course will be the ones pleading to the govt and world bodies to grant them there Biafra. Watch it as time unfolds.

Sir, the truth be told, the UN will not agree to 100% restoration. The UN is the only external body in the world that can order Nigeria to create the State of Biafra. The Nigerian government won't agree to 100% restoration.
Re: POST-BIAFRA Analysis by ichidodo: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b] Rubbish,we are not Osun State....First off, A new nation should get the goodwill of the global community,we talking about, technical aids, financial grants,loans, expertise on maintaining a standing army,navy and airforce heck there could always be a foreign brokered peace treaty btw Nigeria and Biafra including bilateral talks and trade agreements this precludes a transborder agreement allowing easy movt of people, goods and services btw both countries....Nigeria cannot have the luxury of fighting two wars nor will it be able to stand united after a second civil war.It has never dealt with the tactics,speed and formidabilty of a few thousand BHs how much more a few million Igbos? We have the sea at igweocha to land cargo ships and supplies including imports military or otherwise,we have vast areas to mine crude oil for exports at igweocha,we have FDI ready to be injected into the Biafran economy by a million igbos in diaspora as well as a foreign companies closely associated by the diasporeans then you add our huge and excellent haul of quality human capital and work ethic in Biafra. We can become a first world nation in less than ten years[/b]

1 Like

Re: POST-BIAFRA Analysis by sweetguy26: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
You are probably the dumbest poster in the politics section.

1 Like

Re: POST-BIAFRA Analysis by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is medicine b4 death. Why not wait for biafra to come b4 you start your post biafra analysis. The motive of your post is simply to weaken the heart of young people seeking self determination.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Candidate Defeated At OPEC. / Deplorable State Of Abeaokuta Expressway(ile-epo Bus Stop)&abandoned Job / Corruption & Economic Development. Evidence From Nigeria (A UK Msc Thesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.