Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

NCC REDUCES MTN FINE TO N674 BILLION AS CEO RESIGNS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NCC REDUCES MTN FINE TO N674 BILLION AS CEO RESIGNS (479 Views)

You Will Likely Pay A N450,000 Fine To PHCN - See Why / Nigeria Customs Kano/jigawa Command Nets N9 Billion As Revenue In 2016 / MTN GROUP RESTRUCTURES OPERATIONS AS NIGERIA CEO RESIGNS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NCC REDUCES MTN FINE TO N674 BILLION AS CEO RESIGNS by Ministerofinfo: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has reduced the fine imposed on telecommunications giants MTN for failure to disconnect 5.1 million subscribers on its network in August and September 2015. The fine has been reduced from N1.04 trillion to N674 billion.
In the wake of the new developments the Chief Executive Officer, MTN Nigeria, Mr Mike Ikpoki and Head, Corporate Services Executive, Akinwale Goodluck have resigned with immediate effect.
In a press statement made available exclusively to THE-INSIDER by MTN Group, the letter was issued by The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to the company reducing the fine to US$3.4 Billion. However, the telecommunications company is yet to respond as they are still considering and hoping for further reduction.
READ FULL ARTICLE: http://the-insider.org/blog/ncc-reduces-mtn-fine-to-n674-billion-as-ceo-resigns/
Re: NCC REDUCES MTN FINE TO N674 BILLION AS CEO RESIGNS by otipoju(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
The month they made Mike Ikpoki CEO, I dusted my certificate,got my transcripts and started to find my way out of Lagos.

I remembered when Dunlop Nigerias management was handed over to Nigerian managers. Dayo Lawuyi bacame the MD then, Gamaliel Onosode the Chairman.

Within a short time, a once thriving company had to retrench. (My mom's set was the first batch). Before you knew the entire company closed down for business.

....once bitten twice shy. My friends in Maritime house and Ikoyi are lamenting now seriously and I keep thanking God I had that foresight to make initiate my moves three years ago.

Mass sack nationwide in the name of cutting costs but giving ten artistes millions in endorsement deals that add no value to the company.outsourcing network management....the core function of the organisation .beginning to choose quantity over quality in equipment etc and all those VAS schemes designed to zap credit from customers lines with no solutions to remove some services and I knew it was time for me to go.

I enjoyed my stay at Apapa but I do not regret leaving.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Microsoft 535 For Sale In Ibadan / Fg Declares Public Holidays / Dear Members,let Us Be Sincere What Are You Giving Your Love Once For Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.