Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Choke Collars For Sale - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Choke Collars For Sale (2627 Views)

Got Myself Some Reflective Dog Collars! / E-collars Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
Available in different sizes, Text or whatsapp 08105499509 for more information.

Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Seun(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Choke collars are outdated; there are better ways to do whatever anyone might want to use them for. Why would you want to choke your dog?
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by winetapper: 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Seun:
Choke collars are outdated; there are better ways to do whatever anyone might want to use them for. Why would you want to choke your dog?
Depends on the kind of dog
Esp when you are walking them
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by knyte(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2015
Seun:
Tell me u joking... undecided
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Seun(m): 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
winetapper:
Depends on the kind of dog
Esp when you are walking them
If your dog pulls during walks, you can use a front-attached body harness. This is a body harness which is connected to the leash at the front of the dog's body. When the dog tries to move ahead of you, the dog's body is turned sideways towards you instead. Here's a promo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK6NY0EeKNc

Alternatively, you can get a headcollar, with which the leash is attached to the dog's head, forcing the dog's head sideways when he/she pulls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUrTP3XLp4

knyte:

Tell me u joking... undecided
Read the quote below:
These collars can be extremely dangerous to dogs. Their use has been associated with the following:

whiplash
fainting
spinal cord injuries
paralysis
crushing of the trachea
partial or complete asphyxiation
crushing or fracture of the bones in the larynx
dislocation of the vertebrae in the neck
bruising of the esophagus
damage to the skin and tissue of the neck
prolapsed eyeballs
brain damage
http://www.peta.org/living/companion-animals/dangerous-dog-collars/

This is no joke! Why use a dangerous tool that chokes your dog when there are safe and more effective ways to achieve the same result?
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Seun:

If your dog pulls during walks, you can use a front-attached body harness. This is a body harness which is connected to the leash at the front of the dog's body. When the dog tries to move ahead of you, the dog's body is turned sideways towards you instead. Here's a proo video:

Alternatively, you can get a headcollar, in which the leash is attached to the dog's head, forcing the dog's head sideways when he/she pulls:

Read the quote below:

This is no joke. Why use a dangerous tool that chokes your dog when there are safe and ore effective ways to achieve the same result?

except youre using your choke collar on a gsd or a local dog...i see no reason why its dangerous. then what would you say of the prong collar?
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Seun:
have you ever tried a choke collar? i doubt
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
besides, non pull harness...what can that do? a pulling dog will pull even with a harness.
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
Prodeegee:
besides, non pull harness...what can that do? a pulling dog will pull even with a harness.
A front-attached harness is different from a normal harness. The leash is attached to the front of the harness. Here's some proof that it works.

It's recommended by PETA:
Choke and prong collars are designed to punish dogs for pulling by inflicting pain and discomfort. They can cause serious physical and emotional damage to dogs and should never be used.

The use of choke collars has been associated with whiplash, fainting, spinal cord injuries leading to paralysis, crushing of the trachea with partial or complete asphyxiation, crushing and/or fracture of the bones in the larynx, dislocated neck bones, bruising of the esophagus, bruising and damage to the skin and tissues in the neck, brain damage and prolapsed eyes caused by sharp increases in pressure in the head, and other injuries.

The metal spikes of prong collars pinch the skin around dogs’ necks when they pull and can scratch or puncture them. Over time, this can cause dogs to develop scar tissue (which has no feeling) and/or build up a tolerance to the painful pinching sensation and thus continue to pull, making walks even more difficult. Dogs may interpret the tightening of a choke or prong collar around their neck as a stranglehold (which it is, after all!) and become fearful or even aggressive.

The most humane and safest option for walking a dog who tends to want to pull is a front-leash attachment harness, such as the Sense-ation. When dogs lunge or pull while wearing the Sense-ation harness, the front leash attachment redirects them back toward the dogwalker. With patience and positive reinforcement, walks can be a pleasant experience for both human and dog.

And the association of pet dog trainers in UK: http://www.apdt.co.uk/content/files/choke-chains-2012.pdf

You could be the first Nigerian to import and popularize them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choke Collars For Sale by lacicrips(m): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2015
Prodeegee:
Available in different sizes, Text or whatsapp 08105499509 for more information.
How much is the choke collar?
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by knyte(m): 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
Seun:

If your dog pulls during walks, you can use a front-attached body harness. This is a body harness which is connected to the leash at the front of the dog's body. When the dog tries to move ahead of you, the dog's body is turned sideways towards you instead. Here's a promo video:

Alternatively, you can get a headcollar, with which the leash is attached to the dog's head, forcing the dog's head sideways when he/she pulls:

Read the quote below:

This is no joke! Why use a dangerous tool that chokes your dog when there are safe and more effective ways to achieve the same result?

Are you saying the only importance of a choke collar is for walking one's dog?
Choke collars doesn't necessarily mean even you have to use it for correcting the dog when you go on walks. I have a choke collar but he only wears it indoors. Why? It adds a sense of beauty to the dog, for walks I use a regular collar nd i av my correction methods when he's pullin on the leash
If the choke collar is as bad as you make it sound why hasn't it been banned?
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
lacicrips:

How much is the choke collar?
message me on whatsapp bro. 08105499509
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Coldplay007(f): 3:09am On Dec 06, 2015
knyte:

Are you saying the only importance of a choke collar is for walking one's dog?
Choke collars doesn't necessarily mean even you have to use it for correcting the dog when you go on walks. I have a choke collar but he only wears it indoors. Why? It adds a sense of beauty to the dog, for walks I use a regular collar nd i av my correction methods when he's pullin on the leash
If the choke collar is as bad as you make it sound why hasn't it been banned?

lol...
with the gamut of evidence Seun dug up, cant believe you are still arguing. Choke collar= Sense of beauty Chaii! Dogs have suffered... So you finally agree its not good for walking dogs... thats good...
Well Quebec, Canade has banned them. UK Amazon also banned its sale on their portal..

1 Like

Re: Choke Collars For Sale by younghartz(m): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2015
knyte:
Where did ds one come from?
Morocco undecided
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Coldplay007:

lol...
with the gamut of evidence Seun dug up, cant believe you are still arguing. Choke collar= Sense of beauty Chaii! Dogs have suffered... So you finally agree its not good for walking dogs... thats good...
Well Quebec, Canade has banned them. UK Amazon also banned its sale on their portal..
if you live based on what you read online...youll never accomplish anything. real experiences teach you alot. ive used choke collars for years and theyve never caused any harm. seun will put a knife thru a chickens neck without remorse but is bothered about the 1 second choking to help discipline your dog. my mother twisted my ears real hard when i offended...they didnt ban ear twisting and that shii still works. happy sunday
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Prodeegee(m): 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
knyte:

Where did ds one come from?
na fashion designer...leave am

1 Like

Re: Choke Collars For Sale by Coldplay007(f): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Look at theses clowns... grin
I probably have reared more dogs than the 2 of you have ever seen..
Keep choking your dogs. Your mom should have choked u so u need to know how it feels..
I'm out..
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by knyte(m): 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
Coldplay007:
Look at theses clowns... grin
I probably have reared more dogs than the 2 of you have ever seen..
Keep choking your dogs. Your mom should have choked u so u need to know how it feels..
I'm out..
That one sure die, na only one dog I get. U na oga of rearing dogs na. Keep the flag flying madam av reared more dogs than av seen
Re: Choke Collars For Sale by lacicrips(m): 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
They're actually safer for walks than the normal collars.

Walking my dog is always a sad experience for me due to pulling, and this has resulted to fewer walks - not fair to the both of us.

(1) (Reply)

White German Shepherd Pup For Sale / 7 Months Old Brindle Boerboel(male) Available / Cute GSD Puppies Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.