Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? (1105 Views)

What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? / Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? by fortune24: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hello all. I have problem in composing English language
I can spell words correctly but I'm not good in composing English. I can't construct good english. I don't even know how to compose letter. If there is anything I can do please just tell me. I'm ready to learn .I want to speak English fluently without any gbagaun.
I've bought some basic English books. What do I need to do? Please tutorians in the house help a worried soul here
Cc Avicky,mizmicolli, lalasticlala, Seun, etc
Re: How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? by HermajestyQ(f): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Go to school
Re: How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? by BrianRoss: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
jst get a good english teacher,
and try learning orals too it might help

1 Like

Re: How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? by avicky(f): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
fortune24:
Hello all. I have problem in composing English language
I can spell words correctly but I'm not good in composing English. I can't construct good english. I don't even know how to compose letter. If there is anything I can do please just tell me. I'm ready to learn .I want to speak English fluently without any gbagaun.
I've bought some basic English books. What do I need to do? Please tutorians in the house help a worried soul here
Cc Avicky,mizmicolli, lalasticlala, Seun, etc

That's good. You have taken the first step in buying books but need to apply it now orally.

Read your books, do the exercises and practise your speech before a mirror or a group of people.

You can also get a personal tutor, for a speedy result. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
But you wrote well and with that, I can tell you proficient in writing but for the speaking part.

*Try NOT to memorize big words, just keep it simple to convey your message.

* simple words like I aforementioned for clarity and understanding.

* Understanding because it doesn't matter how you construct your vocabulary but expression of your innate thought(s).

To further help youself.
1-Always speak correct english even if you in midst of friends verbalizing in pidgin.
2-Always listen to random news but NOT all Nigeria broadcasters, I recommend to you the radio and listen to 'citizen jones' on Radio Continental, He's a veteran broadcaster.
3-listen to American and British broadcasters to learn the intonation and diction of words. Also watch foreign films.
4- The last but not the least which has helped me since day one is, listening to american underground Hiphop artists, I repeat UNDERGROUND HIPHOP and Not mainstream rappers like lil wayne, Rickross, Future, Drake and the likes. When I say hiphop artistes I mean Crooked I, Talib kweli, Hopsin, Dizzy wright, Logic, immortal Technique, Canibus, Mob Depp, Late 2pac, A tribe called quest and the likes. They would teach you english with its flowetry and poetry.

I just hope all of these helps.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Speak English Language Fluently? by fortune24: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments.

(1) (Reply)

Teach Me Calculus / Nigeria Nostalgia Project: Pre-Nigeria Discussion / Proven Ways To Study Effectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.