Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Perfection Of Faith - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Perfection Of Faith (430 Views)

I think i am losing my faith to Atheism, i need guidance urgently. / Truth, Disbelief And Renewal Of Faith / Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Perfection Of Faith by abat4real37(f): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whoever gives for the sake of Allah, withholds for the sake of Allah, loves for the sake of Allah, hates for the sake of Allah, and marries for the sake of Allah, he has indeed perfected his faith.” [Jami at-Tirmidhi]

The question to ask myself is:

“Am I doing this (whatever it is) because I want to do it, or because Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) wants me to do it?”

If what I want to do coincides with what Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) wants me to do, then I am indeed lucky because it is then easy for me to do the right thing.

If what I want to do is different from what Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) would like to see me do, and I put aside my desires to do what pleases Allah, then I am even luckier. I have given preference to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) over myself. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) is Most Appreciative – Ash-Shukoor. He will handsomely reward what I do for Him.

When I love someone I honour his friends and dislike his enemies. I give what he would like me to give and withhold what he wouldn’t want me to part with. This is the love I should feel for Allah (subhana wa ta’ala), my greatest well-wisher and benefactor, the One who loves me more than my parents, spouse, children or anyone else does.

It is perhaps hardest to tie the knot of marriage keeping Allah’s recommendations in mind. It is very difficult in such matters to put aside my own desires and marry for the sake of Allah.

I will know that my Eeman is perfect and complete when my love and hatred are both for Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

(1) (Reply)

The Quran / Brethren Let's Ponder On Muhammad Ali's Interview. / Wet Dream During The Day In Ramadaan, And The Meaning Of The Hadeeth “bad Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.