Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Osun Kings Move To Boycott Ooni's Coronation As Oba Aromolaran Replaces Sijuwade - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Osun Kings Move To Boycott Ooni's Coronation As Oba Aromolaran Replaces Sijuwade (766 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Photos From Adeyeye Enitan's Coronation As Ooni Of Ife / Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Kings Move To Boycott Ooni's Coronation As Oba Aromolaran Replaces Sijuwade by golfg(f): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2015
The Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran, who is the new chairman of Osun State Council of Obas, has said that traditional rulers in the state may boycott Monday’s coronation and presentation of staff of office ceremony of the new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, if they do not receive formal invitation letter from the central planning committee of the event. Speaking to newsmen after its meeting in Osogbo yesterday, where he was adopted as the substantive chairman of the council, Oba Aromolaran said: “If we are invited with invitation cards or letters, we will go there after consulting with the governor. As at the time we concluded the meeting of Osun Council of Obas today (Thursday), we have not received any invitation from Ile-Ife about Monday’s coronation. We don’t go to where we have not been invited.

“Today, we held a meeting of Council of Obas in Osun. During our discussion, we deliberated on the chairmanship of the council. Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun moved the motion that since I have been acting as the chairman, I should continue in that capacity as the substantive chairman and other monarchs supported the motion. I have been acting as chairman of the council even when late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, was alive. I usually presided over the meetings in his palace because of his old age. Now that Osun Obas have unanimously adopted me as their substantive chairman, I would work for the growth of Osun State and also collaborate with Governor Rauf Aregbesola in moving the state forward socially and economically.” In a related development, the chairman, media and publicity of Ooni coronation planning committee, Hon Biyi Odunlade said the central planning committee has sent out invitation letters individually to all the monarchs in Osun State.

http://dawntodusknews.com/osun-kings-move-to-boycott-ooni-ogunwusis-coronation-as-oba-aromolaran-replaces-sijuwade/
Re: Osun Kings Move To Boycott Ooni's Coronation As Oba Aromolaran Replaces Sijuwade by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2015
shocked
Re: Osun Kings Move To Boycott Ooni's Coronation As Oba Aromolaran Replaces Sijuwade by absoluteSuccess: 8:08am On Dec 04, 2015
They've invited the royal house of ingland.
surely she will come with commonwealth kings.
strictly by invitation, come with pass.
Re: Osun Kings Move To Boycott Ooni's Coronation As Oba Aromolaran Replaces Sijuwade by AKYEMITE(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2015
all these baba should not create another problem for Osun again. why the rush for chairmanship of OBA in Osun state when we all know that ooni is the permanent chairman of Osun traditional council. this baba only want to take advantage of absence of ooni stool. I will advice them to wait for new ooni and let the right thing be done. eni kan ki fi ibi ti a ba pe ni ori tele. aifi agba fun enikan ti ki je ki aye gun. irrespective of who occupies the stool of ooni. he is a leader for all Yoruba OBA not to talk of Osun state.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Russians And Slavs In General? / Black In Russia - The Children Of Soviet Africa Search For Their Identity / I Totally Agree With Mugabe On This One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.