Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva (27770 Views)

#ondodecides2016: PDP Governorship Candidates Appeal Judgement & Hearings / Edo Governorship Candidates Sign Peace Pact (photos) / EDO PDP: Two Governorship Candidates, One Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by mhistikay(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
lol...A.P.C has won oldy....its just too ovious.....SILVA ALL THE WAY....
YALL apc haters can kii yasef...eheeeh
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by midasbliss(f): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided BAYELSANS SHOULD REJECT PDP AND VOTE FOR THE PROGRESSIVES IF THEY WANT TO ENJOY DIVIDENDS OF SINCERE LEADERSHIP LIKE WE ARE DOING IN THE SOUTH WEST. GEJ AND HIS STOOGE DICKSON WAS A DISASTER TO YOU ALL BUT SYLVA WILL MAKE IT RIGHT PLUS HE ALSO ENJOYS FEDERAL SUPPORT. GEJ MUST BE DISGRACED WHEN APC WINS

PDP APC.... same interest... same people... nothing new.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by yussuffer7881: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
Tell Mr Dickson to just hand over to our Dear Sylva even before the election to avoid been disgraced
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by Dagaya(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
APC be looking for south south states like ant does sugar...no way dem go fit win any south south state...we will show dem tomorrow... they shud just stick to the west...down south says no to APC and it's useless body and propaganda
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by 9japatroit(m): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
that will not stop APC from loosing the election.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by bamite(m): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Bevista:
Even as a sympathizer to the APC cause, I would like to see PDP win Bayelsa state - why?
(1) Sylva didn't do too well in his first term so I doubt what he is coming to offer this time around. Dickson himself is a failure, I know.
(2) As much as I disliked Jonathan's government, I think it will be really embarrassing for him to loose his state.
(3) PDP needs to still hold a number states to have the capacity to offer credible opposition to the APC, atleast until another party emerges. The last thing Nigeria needs right now is another behemoth of a party, which usually leads to arrogance and complacency.
Valid points
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by Sweetlemon(f): 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
Bevista:
Even as a sympathizer to the APC cause, I would like to see PDP win Bayelsa state - why?
(1) Sylva didn't do too well in his first term so I doubt what he is coming to offer this time around. Dickson himself is a failure, I know.
(2) As much as I disliked Jonathan's government, I think it will be really embarrassing for him to loose his state.
(3) PDP needs to still hold a number states to have the capacity to offer credible opposition to the APC, atleast until another party emerges. The last thing Nigeria needs right now is another behemoth of a party, which usually leads to arrogance and complacency.

Oh puleeze. Spare me this "opposition" excuse. Nigeria can and will survive without PDP.

KOWA party is there.......
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by ohemdave(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
anigbajumo:
In less than 48 hours to the Bayelsa state gubernatorial election, six governorship candidates contesting on the platform of other renowned political parties have stepped down for the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Timipre Sylva.
Channels Television reports that this was observed on Thursday, December 3, in Yenagoa, the state capital as the chairman of the Labour Party, Hope Democratic Party (HDP), Alliance for Democracy (AD), Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD) and the United Democratic Party (UDP) all gave their mandate to the former governor of the state.

Explaining why they threw their weights behind the candidacy of Sylva, they said their decision was propelled by their love for the state.

According to them, it was imperative at this time to have a leader that has the people at heart, hence listen to their cravings and better their lives.

The chairmen further pleaded with Bayelsa people to cast their vote for the APC candidate and realize the long dream of prosperity in the state.

As usual with Nigerian style of politics, there have been series of allegations and counter allegations in the build up to the governorship election slated for December 5. On Wednesday, December 2, Olisa Metuh, spokesperson of the PDP, at a news conference in Abuja said membersOn Wednesday, December 2, Olisa Metuh, spokesperson of the PDP, at a news conference in Abuja said members had been instructed to defend their votes as APC plan to rig the election.

The PDP had also accused APC of plans to arrest some of its members with strong and influential electoral support base to destabilize the electioneering process.

Meanwhile, the suit filed by the PDP challenging the eligibility of Sylva to run in the forthcoming election had suffered set back as the court adjourned till January 2016 for further hearing. The adjournment is obviously a bitter pill for the PDP to swallow as it allows the APC flag bearer to contest the state’s gubernatorial election.

https://www.naij.com/655917-bayelsa-election-six-guber-candidates-step-sylva.html/?vincent&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_group=free

This a criminal in all ramification. This is a man who could not pay workers and students' their stipends,and the type that should die by hanging. His only achievement is to smock cook on helicopter. If they like,let twenty governorship aspirant step down for him,he can't win any election in bayelsa state. Let the gods quote me any where in the world.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by Bevista: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Oh puleeze. Spare me this "opposition" excuse. Nigeria can and will survive without PDP.

KOWA party is there.......
And if reread what I wrote, you will notice "atleast untill another party emerges".

I'll be very glad to welcome KOWA or any other party as long as they will be formidable enough to provide a credible opposition.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by experimentist: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
richidinho:
i hope sylva has stop taking that white powder grin
If he wins, our money is in crisis
grin nice pics
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by badesco(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
Everybody knows, even a dullard knows the election in bayelsa is between Pdp and Apc, so issue of some other parties candidates stepping down for Sylva does not arise, except for political gimmick
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by Sweetlemon(f): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
Bevista:
And if reread what I wrote, you will notice "atleast untill another party emerges".

I'll be very glad to welcome KOWA or any other party as long as they will be formidable enough to provide a credible opposition.

And I'm saying it's better not to have opposition at all than to have a PDP-styled opposition. KOWA is already. Pay more attention to them and they will rise.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by 8unit(f): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided BAYELSANS SHOULD REJECT PDP AND VOTE FOR THE PROGRESSIVES IF THEY WANT TO ENJOY DIVIDENDS OF SINCERE LEADERSHIP LIKE WE ARE DOING IN THE SOUTH WEST. GEJ AND HIS STOOGE DICKSON WAS A DISASTER TO YOU ALL BUT SYLVA WILL MAKE IT RIGHT PLUS HE ALSO ENJOYS FEDERAL SUPPORT. GEJ MUST BE DISGRACED WHEN APC WINS

May u continue to enjoy the sweetness of APC all the days of your life. May God bless u the way APC is blessing Nigeria. SAY amen to that my brother. SAI BUHARI
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by Prowizy2(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
richidinho:

waow..where are you now?
Cotonou, Benin.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by jaybee(f): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
stevealibi:
Wetin d two of dem go offer if apc had projected a fresh candidate it wld ve been over 4 pdp' dis sylva man is even worse off

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
8unit:

May u continue to enjoy the sweetness of APC all the days of your life. May God bless u the way APC is blessing Nigeria. SAY amen to that my brother. SAI BUHARI

Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff And Fayose’s 2019 Ambitions Tear PDP Apart / How We Defeated Jonathan – Tinubu / Timi Frank Reveals 'How Oshiomhole Collected $50m From APC Aspirants'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.