Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Realists Are Happier People Than Optimists - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Realists Are Happier People Than Optimists (489 Views)

Join Aim Global Today And Live Healthier, Wealthier And Happier. / 5 Tips For A Happier Work Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Realists Are Happier People Than Optimists by livelifeng: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmm…it’s hard to accept the life we live, as it is. We’ve always been told to have a positive attitude to life. I listen to several of motivational audios and I nod my head gearing myself up in those uplifting words which charge my mind for some few moments.

Later on, the jumping clouds of happy moments vanish and I am left with my reality. Fear, anguish and sullenness then beam on me.

I’m not objecting the values of these contents or being optimistic generally but it is a fact that when you are real with yourself and the life around you, you will keep your mind straight and be focused on working towards a better life than building castles in the air.

Realism is not the same as pessimism. And realism is best to be adopted in all life situations. From the minute you open your eyes in the morning. For example, you are looking for a job and believe this Friday will be better than yesterday just because a motivational book told you so. Rather face the day with what you’ve got.

The real thing is, you are conscious of your situation, you identify your mistakes and tend to build yourself everyday which makes the today-you better than your yesterday-you and you set out with a focused mind, not a blurry hopeful mind. You might eventually achieve what you set out to do.

At all times, we should do all that we can do and leave the ones we can’t do.

Nevertheless, I won’t ever want to be a pessimist. As I see better side to things (optimism), I want to also be real and happy.

http://livelifeng.com/realists-are-happier-people-than-optimists

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Osmania University Exam Sarkari Results 2016 For PDC Regular Download / Why Is Architecture Is Broad And Very Hard To Learn. / 25 Highest Paying Jobs In America For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.