Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship (1599 Views)

NAF Concludes Clearance Operations In Sambisa / Drama As INEC Concludes Defence In Akwa Ibom Governorship Election Suit / Wike Pays N712m For Stranded Rivers Students Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
The Rivers State government says it can no longer continue to fund the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency, RSSDA, overseas scholarship. State Commissioner of Agric, Ominim Jack gave the indication while addressing parents of the beneficiaries of the overseas scholarship in Port Harcourt. Ominim Jack, who now doubles as the acting Executive Director of RSSDA said the state government could no longer sustain the scholarship scheme as a result of the current economic situation in the country. She, however, proposed that the state government intends to transfer the students back to Nigeria and sustain the full scholarship of the returned students at either the University of Port Harcourt or the Rivers State University of Science and Technology.

The state government further said it will only fund students who were on their final year. “I want to first of all let you know that the Governor, Nyesom Wike takes the education of our students very seriously. Today, we have to be realistic. We all know what is happening in Nigeria. We now have a dwindling revenue both from FAC and IGR. We all know our exchange rates.
“We are here to give a proposal to let you know that the state is committed to pay installmentally for all our final year students totalling almost 200. “We are putting arrangements in place for students who are not in their final year to get transfer back to schools in Nigeria, especially in Rivers state with full scholarships,” she said.

The plan of the state government was greeted with grumblings, with the parents appealing to Governor Nyesom Wike to consider other means to sustain the overseas scholarship programme. Some of the Parents told DAILY POST that the decision of the Rivers state government was backward. “My child is studying in Canada. But how can somebody who is in her 3rd shocked year now return to Nigeria just like that? The curriculum can never be the same. We do not agree with the proposal of governor Wike.”

Another parent said, “For almost one year now, the state government has stopped paying the students their allowance. And we have been taking responsibility for that. We won’t mind to continue but the government should just pay the school fees. It is a very bad decision to withdraw all the students and place them in schools in Port Harcourt. The Governor should not do that.”

Meanwhile, some students who recently returned from the United Kingdom as a result of the failure of the state government to pay their school fees told DAILY POST that they were traumatised by the recent development.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/03/wike-concludes-plan-to-withdraw-rivers-students-on-foreign-scholarship/

YOU don't have money to pay the kids school fees but you have borrowed over N40b+FG allocation+IGR sad
No policy direction, no government blue print, no developmental project angry all we see is poorly constructed china-patched-Roads with open gutter drainages____the level we've gone passed since Odili's era

Withdrawing even students that are in their 300 level to say the least is the highest height of irresponsibility and wickedness

4 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by okitz4(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
But why??

2 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by johnbull368: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
They must have diverted the money for education for sharing
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by boujaye: 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
johnbull368:
They must have diverted the money for education for sharing
yes just as Buhari could nolonger fund Gej,s PRESSID, Wike can no longer fund Ameachi's RSSDA. A typical painful example of change cultivated by Buhari

1 Like

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
this thug so hate Education that shortly after he assumed office he shut down the public primary schools for months and left it in shambles leaving weeds, grasses and rodents to have field days within those school premises
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3098000_photo1002_jpegfb53616db5366f962834c20c4f52fded

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3098001_photo1004_jpegffa66f4a03ff812cce55a972410ac130

He sacked hundreds of lecture in Rivpoly shortly after he became governor for no apparent reason

Last month he increased the school fees of non indigenes in the state to over 400% ostensibly to discourage learning

And now he has sent his evil-anti-Education bile to foreign scholars abroad embarassed

Wike why are you wiked

6 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
boujaye:
yes just as Buhari could nolonger fund Gej,s PRESSID, Wike can no longer fund Ameachi's RSSDA. A typical painful example of change cultivated by Buhari

OMG do you call that PRESSID or what ever a scholarship? a country of over 180m and you gave out scholarship of just 1yr to just 100 first class students and you call that scholarship embarassed we are talking about RSSDA that have dished out scholarship in their thousand with scholars running BSC, MSC and PHD programs. mediocre PRESSID that have barely produce only 300 scholars in its entire life time angry

Bow your head in shame sad

6 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
Buhary sure will come up with a far better PRESSID.
main while no foreign FG scholar was ever recalled from abroad as Wiked Wike is currently doing

5 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by DICE234(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
let the propaganda begin!!!

meanwhile

there are three responses to a design, NO, YES, or WOW!!! can your designs make your client say wow? if yes, then click my signature to register your services. sabiboy.com someone somewhere needs your services
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
DICE234:
let the propaganda begin!!!

meanwhile

there are three responses to a design, NO, YES, or WOW!!! can your designs make your client say wow? if yes, then click my signature to register your services. sabiboy.com someone somewhere needs your services
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by Jaraworldsms(m): 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
The governor should have a rethink. This is not good for the growth of the Nation and Rivers.
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by PRYCE(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
Not Good! Not Good At All!
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by basilo101: 12:42am On Dec 05, 2015
They shud go and learn trade in Aba.
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by hardywaltz(m): 2:46am On Dec 05, 2015
Rivers People hope u are happy with the clown ruling over you.

My friend's younger brother is also involved.
This my Friend and his Mum hate Amaechi with a passion despite the fact it was Amaechi that sent her son abroad on merit.

Their hatred was borne solely because he wasn't supporting GEJ (My friend is from Kalabari). He even blocked me on Facebook after we had a heated argument.

He was always of the belief that once Wike becomes Governor milk and honey will follow on the streets of Port Harcourt.

Some days ago he came to my office for me to help sell his mother's landed property.

Shocked I asked him why?

He told me they needed the money to pay for his younger ones school fees in Canada.

I tried to persuade him not to sell that the State Government will come around later; that was when he informed me that they just finished a meeting with the Commissioner for Agriculture (note not Education) who told them point-blank that they should bring their children home.

I felt sorry for him coz after all the insults he dished out on social media and shouting GEJ till 2019 while Dasuki, Dokpesi and Co were collectimg Billions of Naira he ended up losing friends and got nothing in return.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2015
hardywaltz:

This my Friend and his Mum hate Amaechi with a passion despite the fact it was Amaechi that sent her son abroad on merit.

Their hatred was borne solely because he wasn't supporting GEJ (My friend is from Kalabari). He even blocked me on Facebook after we had a heated argument.

He was always of the belief that once Wike becomes Governor milk and honey will follow on the streets of Port Harcourt.

Some days ago he came to my office for me to help sell his mother's landed property.

Shocked I asked him why?

He told me they needed the money to pay for his younger ones school fees in Canada.

I tried to persuade him not to sell that the State Government will come around later; that was when he informed me that they just finished a meeting with the Commissioner for Agriculture (note not Education) who told them point-blank that they should bring their children home.

I felt sorry for him coz after all the insults he dished out on social media and shouting GEJ till 2019 while Dasuki, Dokpesi and Co were collectimg Billions of Naira he ended up losing friends and got nothing in return.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaahhaahhahahahahahah
Epic! that serve him right. I guess he will also campaign for wike in the up coming rerun grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by ccwizard: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
hardywaltz:

Shocked I asked him why?

Rubbish. Did u read the write up? Are u even in rivers state? Ameachi did not pay school fees or upkeep for this students for over a year. The debt is so much n the RVSG can't cope with paying it. Ameachi milked rivers state dry n sold all its assets n still got rewarded with a ministerial position. Pls get ur facts right b4 u make silly comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by hardywaltz(m): 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
ccwizard:

Rubbish. Did u read the write up? Are u even in rivers state? Ameachi did not pay school fees or upkeep for this students for over a year. The debt is so much n the RVSG can't cope with paying it. Ameachi milked rivers state dry n sold all its assets n still got rewarded with a ministerial position. Pls get ur facts right b4 u make silly comments.
RSSDA has been sending Rivers People overseas since 2008, so Wike has no excuse not to clear the bad log if he met any because on viewpoint WikeD claimed he spent N800m from the Billions he borrowed to pay for their tuition fees for those students.

Question:
After spending N800m on their tuition fees why are u now telling them to come home.

Thief Barr Nyesom WikeD is nothing but a common criminal.
He will soon got to jail after the probe on TETFund is concluded.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
drshrewd:
this thug so hate Education that shortly after he assumed office he shut down the public primary schools for months and left it in shambles leaving weeds, grasses and rodents to have field days within those school premises
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3098000_photo1002_jpegfb53616db5366f962834c20c4f52fded he gave valid reasons why I s not sustainable unlike your mumu president who has not made any positive contribution to education

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3098001_photo1004_jpegffa66f4a03ff812cce55a972410ac130

He sacked hundreds of lecture in Rivpoly shortly after he became governor for no apparent reason

Last month he increased the school fees of non indigenes in the state to over 400% ostensibly to discourage learning

And now he has sent his evil-anti-Education bile to foreign scholars abroad embarassed

Wike why are you wiked

1 Like

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by Tycoflu(m): 12:52pm On Dec 05, 2015
I thought I read on NL before that wike said he will pay all the outstanding debt from the scholarship. Naija politicians I hail oh!
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by howardriddle: 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
Nothing will change. Nothing.

If you do not contact your representative in your state house and they do not pass a motion. Motions are powerful and just one could change your life.
Click me to Talk to your Rep. in the House
Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
hardywaltz:

RSSDA has been sending Rivers People overseas since 2008, so Wike has no excuse not to clear the bad log if he met any because on viewpoint WikeD claimed he spent N800m from the Billions he borrowed to pay for their tuition fees for those students.

Question:
After spending N800m on their tuition fees why are u now telling them to come home.

Thief Barr Nyesom WikeD is nothing but a common criminal.
He will soon got to jail after the probe on TETFund is concluded.

[b]you needn't waste your time responding to that dude that lack simple comprehension. this is the quot he was referring to in the article
Another parent said, “For almost one year now, the state government has stopped paying the students their allowance.
here the parents is saying for almost one year which may mean 10, 11, or 12 months. wike has spent almost 7 months in office and he's blaming Amaechi? Amaechi has been sponsoring hundreds of students every year when he held sway as a governor and he never recalled students even when we had one of the greatest economic downturn in history embarassed
Wike is a curse and failure sad

4 Likes

Re: Wike Concludes Plan To Withdraw Rivers Students On Foreign Scholarship by drshrewd: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2015
Tycoflu:
I thought I read on NL before that wike said he will pay all the outstanding debt from the scholarship. Naija politicians I hail oh!
don't mind that common liar

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Over One Thousand Shiites Reportedly Killed by Army in Zaria- Human Rights / Kenya National TV Mocks Nigeria Over Use Of Ladder By AERO Passengers(Video+ Pic / The Realities Of Dasuki's 2.1 Billion Dollars!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.