Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos (1304 Views)

How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria - Ynaija / 'Save The Lives Of Your Customers' - Aba Resident Berates EEDC, Shares Photos / Lives Of Former Governors After Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by Godblesmyhustle: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ol boy!!! Wetin my eyes never see for this Lagos!!!

Governor Fashola started the LagosHoms Project last year, some schemes have been completed and winners have taken possession. This gave new applicants the confidence to apply for their new schemes in Mushin, Igando & Sangotedo.

30 % Equity contribution are as follows; 3 Bed paid N5m, 2 Bed paid N3.3m while 1 Bed paid N 2.4 M depending on the location. The scheme is actually a pay and pack in arrangement, so as you pay, you collect keys. Last draw was held in April 2015

Fast-forward to Gov Ambode Administration which entered in May, so so story. Govt has refused to complete the houses, hence winners are stranded.

Various excuses – Contractor was not mobilized, sewage, Governor yet to approve money, Fed ministry yet to connect light………..Long thing.
Deadlines are continually being missed to the consternation of winners. Most of the scheme have missed their deadlines by at least 8 months.

No empathy from the Govt, New commissioner for Housing yet to make any statement concerning the scheme.
Winners are lamenting
- I have been given a quit notice by my landlord and I have nowhere to go.I paid N5m to LBIC for a year and I am stranded
- My landlord has put up my apartment for rent and people have been coming in and out.
- I took a N5m loan at 22% and there is nothing to show. Gov Ambode please intervene
- I left Arepo because I was attacked but the Lagos Homs project is yet to materialize after a year. What should I do now?
- How long does it take to complete 5 hses, Mushin has been on for so long, it should have been completed since Dec 2014. This does not make sense.

Response from Lagoshoms

Application Desk <applicationdesk@lagoshoms.gov.ng>
Good Morning,
We write to update you on your scheme and to appreciate you for your patience.
Work is still ongoing in your scheme and your keys will be handed over to you when they are ready.
We regret any inconvenience.
Once again, we say “thank you” for your understanding.
Warm Regards,
Application Desk Rep.

See related write ups

https://www.nairaland.com/2741552/lagoshoms-mushin-yet-get-homes

Mods/lalasticlala pls help these pple. Move to FP

Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by eluquenson(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
Funny indeed, politicians are bed of a feathers.
Initially, i never liked Lagoshom for lack of autonomy, if i have N5m i would build a 2 3 bedroom flat at Ibafo instead of wasting my hard earned money on Politicians.
Meanwhile, this scheme is not for low income earners.
Why would govt demand for so much upfront payment. undecided
Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by adedayourt(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
Keep Calm!

ur celebrity gov ll do somtin soon

1 Like

Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by BrianRoss: 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
dis niggas been eating all our money since 1960!

1 Like

Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by OAFMods: 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
OP are you are wailer or you just chose to be delusional. When you paid were you allocated an apartment before you decided to pack out of your present home ?

In as much as I believe the APC is not doing enough in terms of providing accomdatiom for Lagosian that is not a valid reason to be silly.

Nigeria is not a normal society so you need plan for those exigencies. You are only allocated homes whenever it becomes available n that might not happen till election period if you are as unlucky as you been so far.
Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by sharpman1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
It is wrong for the Lagos State Govt to collect people's equity contribution and then refuse to complete the houses.

Why can't the new governor build on the success of the previous one?

1 Like

Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by Godblesmyhustle: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
OAFMods:
OP are you are wailer or you just chose to be delusional. When you paid were you allocated an apartment before you decided to pack out of your present home ?

In as much as I believe the APC is not doing enough in terms of providing accomdatiom for Lagosian that is not a valid reason to be silly.

Nigeria is not a normal society so you need plan for those exigencies. You are only allocated homes whenever it becomes available n that might not happen till election period if you are as unlucky as you been so far.

Not a wailing wailer...... But would do you a lot of good if you can comprehend a posting a comment.
These are the pple's experiences. Scheme should be pay and pack in but Govt has not fulfilled its own part of the bargain after 1 year
Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by Godblesmyhustle: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
OAFMods:

Not a wailing wailer...... But would do you a lot of good if you can comprehend a write up before posting a comment.
These are the pple's experiences. Scheme should be pay and pack in but Govt has not fulfilled its own part of the bargain after 1 year
Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by tobtap: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by Meriekriss: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ambo oooo.. Ambo..

1 Like

Re: How Lagos State Frustrated The Lives Of Winners Of Lagoshoms - See Photos by Godblesmyhustle: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
One winner said, I hope it will not be my son that will collect the keys to this house

Another winner lost her job last month.....

One was attacked by robbers in his previous Hse and is confused on what next to do

Another winner delayed his wedding hoping that they will soon give him keys since he has paid his 30%

Very saddddd!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio In Near Insanity **as Confidential Security Absconds With Over N100m / Nairaland Is For Nigerians And "NOT" For Biafran Secessionists / Abandonment Of 2nd Niger Bridge: South Easterners React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.