Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? (5266 Views)

UK Police Grant Nigerians Permit To Protest Overnight In Front Of Abuja House / Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
you reason like a kid. Nnamdi kanu did a good job in brainwashing you to think biafra will be an utopia.
And pls, stop including SS in your silly dream cos they don't belong to you.

Please you can have the so-called SS because I personally do not want them except the Ndigbo in the crap called SS.
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
Noneroone:
check Nigeria well and find out where you have industrial clusters

lagos portharcourt Aba onitsha nnewi and kano are the major ones.

4 of them will go to Biafra and the rest two or three will remain with the bigger Nigeria

Biafra managed to be ahead even with economic policies and critical infrastructure directed to favour nigerians

imagine a situation where biafrans have their resources all to themselves, develop their own infrastructure (like airport, seaports, power supply ) and create new industrial layouts.

Coupled with a very resourceful and educated population, it will become the most industrialised country in Africa within 15 yrs.

Now compare it with Nigeria which by then will be depending on agriculture and begging biafra to allow free trade so they could sell their agric produce. By then also lagos will suffer and possibly loose industries to Biafra. Coupled with millions of idle youths in north and west that are not as resourceful as biafrans, nigeria would be much more poorer then.

in summary, Nigeria would be the ones wooing biafran investors and even wooing to trade their agric products with biafra

so whichever way you look at, it will be a win for Biafra. That is why leaders of the north and west are fighting for one nigeria 'cos their lives depend on it. Only their kids come online and make infantile rants

Guy, why are you deceiving yourself? Fact: you Biafran igbos are contributing nothing to the Nigerian commonwealth which explains why inspite of your attention seeking noises the FG is calling your bluff. In other words, economically your region ain't shyt. And those fake stats about industrial clusters are nothing but mere fantasy coz even your own folks have long since admitted that y'all are lagging behind other parts of the country -- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Ogun currently is the number 1 most industrialized state in Nigeria (attracting over 70 new manufacturing industries in the last 3 years with more still waiting in line for approval), followed by Lag. The SW contributes more non-oil revenue to the commonweal than any other region. The North contributes Agric. Pray tell what SE contributes? ?

Lol. Una hero Jonathan himself said it that the SW controls 55% of Nigeria's economy. cheesy

Excerpts:

“When Jimoh was talking about World Bank statistics of the poverty rate in regions in the country, he said South West has least in the country. In fact, Lagos and Ogun contributed almost 55 per cent of the economic activities.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-regret-emergence-of-tambuwal-as-speaker-jonathan/

And he wasn't lying when you consider the indices from Manufacturers Association of Nigeria's last report as follows:
The SW virtually controls/accounts for atleast 70% of industrial activity in Nigeria.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

Ogun, Ikeja top manufacturers’ investment destinations in 2014

While Ogun, which is now Nigeria’s industrial hub, recorded N377 billion worth of investments within the period, Ikeja returned investments worth N39.86 billion.

Ogun State’s represents 78 percent of N483 billion worth of investments made in the whole of the manufacturing sector within the period under review, while Ikeja shares 8.3 percent.

“This has revealed that the majority of manufacturing investments were directed towards Ogun industrial axis, which consists of Otta, Agbara, Ibafo/Mowe and Shagamu industrial areas,” said MAN, in its latest January to July 2014 economic review.

The data further show investments in Kano/Sharada/Challawa as N19.75 billion and those of Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti as N19.2 billion within the period under review.

Anambra/Enugu that had N5.5 billion worth of investments.
while those of Imo/Abia were estimated at N309 million.

3 Likes

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Guy, why are you deceiving yourself? Fact: you Biafrans igbos are contributing nothing to the Nigerian commonwealth which explains why inspite of your attention seeking noises the FG is calling your bluff. In other words, economically your region ain't shyt. And those fake stats about industrial clusters are nothing but mere fantasy coz even your own folks have long since admitted that y'all are lagging behind other parts of the country. Ogun currently is the number 1 most industrialized state in Nigeria (attracting over 70 new manufacturing industries in the last 3 years with more still waiting in line for approval), followed by Lag. The SW contributes more non-oil revenue to the commonweal than any other region. The North contributes Agric. Pray tell what SE contributes? ?

Lol. Una hero Jonathan himself said it that the SW controls 55% of Nigeria's economy. cheesy

Excerpts:

And he wasn't lying when you consider the indices from Manufacturers Association of Nigeria's last report as follows:
The SW virtually controls/accounts for atleast 70% of industrial activity in Nigeria.

Who gives a ratass if southwestern region is heaven on earth? Why the hell should the so-called federal government of Nigeria detain Nnmadi Kanu for agitating for independent state for Biafra? If south-east does not contribute anything to commonwealth of Nigeria, is it the more reason to grant them their request to secede? Nigeria being looked down upon is not for nothing.
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dedetwo:

Who gives a ratass if southwestern region is heaven on earth? Why the hell should the so-called federal government of Nigeria detain Nnmadi Kanu for agitating for independent state for Biafra? If south-east does not contribute anything to commonwealth of Nigeria, is it the more reason to grant them their request to secede? Nigeria being looked down upon is not for nothing.

Calm the funk down bwoy! I don't give a rats a$$ about Kanu, my own be say make FG grant Una Biafra coz can't wait to be rid of y'all. But I just couldn't pass up the chance of debunking that your kinsman's lies lest it spreads. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Noneroone(m): 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Guy, why are you deceiving yourself? Fact: you Biafran igbos are contributing nothing to the Nigerian commonwealth which explains why inspite of your attention seeking noises the FG is calling your bluff. In other words, economically your region ain't shyt. And those fake stats about industrial clusters are nothing but mere fantasy coz even your own folks have long since admitted that y'all are lagging behind other parts of the country -- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Ogun currently is the number 1 most industrialized state in Nigeria (attracting over 70 new manufacturing industries in the last 3 years with more still waiting in line for approval), followed by Lag. The SW contributes more non-oil revenue to the commonweal than any other region. The North contributes Agric. Pray tell what SE contributes? ?

Excerpts:

u re pained

the same oluwole statistics that told us that osun's economy is bigger than that of southeast put together until fowl nyatch was open grin

our 55miilion naira federal allocation cannot pay electricity bill- Aregbesola grin

1 Like

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
Noneroone:
u re pained

our 55miilion naira federal allocation cannot pay electricity bill- Aregbesola grin

grin grin. You no even fit refute me. It's ok. wink You're obviously stunned by those stats. Even Aregbe's state received more FDI than your glorified city-states. Hell yeah, I'd be pained too if I were in your shoes.
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Noneroone(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
Flyoruboy:

grin grin. You no even fit refute me. It's ok. wink You're obviously stunned by those stats. Even Aregbe's state received more FDI than your glorified city-states. Hell yeah, I'd be pained too if I were in your shoes.
did you guys say that osun economy was bigger than that of the whole SE put together or not?

Did aregbe say he recieved 52 million as federal allocation or not grin despite the fake statistics you brandish?

Did nema, winners chapel and caritas not send u guys relief materials? grin

Like i said u guys are kids who dont know what they are doing but ur leaders know that's why they're holding on to one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2015
Noneroone:
did you guys say that osun economy was bigger than that of the whole SE put together or not?

Did aregbe say he recieved 52 million as federal allocation or not grin despite the fake statistics you brandish?

Did nema, winners chapel and caritas not send u guys relief materials? grin

Like i said u guys are kids who dont know what they are doing but ur leaders know that's why they're holding on to one Nigeria

E pain am! grin grin Abeg wetin consign Agbero with overload? ? Why you dey shift goal post? The same Aregbe has commissioned way more projects than all your SE Govs combined so park well and face your market. Just so you know, I'm rooting for Team Biafra to succeed in their quest for freedom. That I busted your lies doesn't change that fact. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Noneroone(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Flyoruboy:

E pain am! grin grin Abeg wetin consign Agbero with overload? ? Why you dey shift goal post? The same Aregbe has commissioned way more projects than all your SE Govs combined so park well and face your market. Just so you know, I'm rooting for Team Biafra to succeed in their quest for freedom. That I busted your lies doesn't change that fact. cheesy
you did no answer my quesions
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Flyoruboy(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
Noneroone:
you did no answer my quesions

WTF? ? Before I answer that, please why is a whole Imo state, an Oil producing state for that matter, still owing salaries? ? STFU and face your incompetent governors rather than talking crap about Aregbe/Osun. I repeat that Aregbe has commissioned more completed projects than all your SE state Govs combined. #Fact!

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/seast-states-workers-groan-as-bailout-fund-fails-to-offset-salary-arrears/
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Eshinwaju: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dedetwo:

It is a matter of push and pull. Nigerians will also require work permit to work in Biafra. Nigeria has never been a heaven and will likely not be a heaven when the Biafrans leave.

One thing for sure is this......the crime rate will fall drastically.... angry

1 Like

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by mikolo80: 4:04am On Dec 06, 2015
MrAnalyst:

Will Nigeria be Biafra's only buyers? Come off it. Nigeria refusing to buy biafran products cannot really happen and even in the advent of such,Nigerians refusing to buy will be hugely inconsequential to the Biafran market
most of your millionaires make their money from selling to nigerians.you secede you lose the market but if you wanna go its your decision wetin concine me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 06, 2015
The same way Ghana left to position Ghana is the same way Biafra will leave and position Biafra. Ghana is more likely to have 247 power supply. Industries thrive more in Ghana than Nigeria. In Nigeria, Northerners riot to destroy industries and chase away investors. If Biafra will stand, those investor will rush to Biafra land for investment and more jobs will be created.

Look at your economic policies, do they encourage investors? Today a president, new policy tomorrow another, another policy not even to improve anything from the former but will be Diametrically oppose sensibility.
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by kingzizzy: 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
Huh
Re: Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria? by kingzizzy: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Saturn213:

Writing in bold does not make your point any stronger. It is very distracting.

Just like a typical Ipob member, you keep talking from both sides of your mouth.

You agree that any member can veto Biafra membership then you decided to degrade your argument by quoting a paragraph on decision making.

Article 9 you referenced is qualified majority voting which is used in decision making on issues such as single market, directives etc. It is not applicable for admitting new member nations

When it comes to a new entrant; All countries must agree. Nigeria will not agree and I am sure countries such as Benin Republic , Togo will do Nigeria's bidding.

Anyway that is putting the cart before the horse.

You keep making a comparison to Scotland but what you fail to realise is that the Scottish Independence movement is made up of intellectuals, academics and politicians. They provided evidence of how their country will be constituted if they got independence, from oil treaties with Norway, decommissioning of nuclear facilities. They had several bases covered before asking for independence. The Scottish people saw evidence of how their country will function if they leave the union.

It is not like Ipod run by an illiterate that goes on radio calling for the massacre of Nigerians and calling Leaders names and asking for his supporters to murder a well know Nigerian Pastor. He was even caught on video asking for money to buy arms. This is an unprofessional illiterate with no common sense.

The Scottish spent years trying to convince their people, they then formed a party - the SNP. After decades of campaigning, they got majority of political seats in the Scottish Parliament. Even after that, it took them years to convince the UK government to agree to a referendum. The whole process took over 50 years. It is a separation and not a tea party.

When Igbos are serious, they will vote for a party that wants Biafra independence, they will make them senators, HORs and governors. After that they can negotiate with the Nigerian state for a referendum.

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks.

Sometimes I enjoy reading the trash you Nigerians come with. It's just laughable. The piller of ECOWAS is regional integration in West Africa. I doubt very much that ECOWAS will go against the very reason it was set up just because Nigeria is not happy with Biafra. However, ECOWAS or no ECOWAS, the sovereingty of the Biafran people is the most important thing. Nigeria is but a small dot in the world map and we are thinking bigger than Nigeria. When we talk about referendum, the most important thing to note is that is that Britain respected the right of of the indigenous Scottish people to decide their destiny. A right that the oppressive Nigerian state has taken away from the indigenous people that make up Nigeria. Biafra is not an elitist thing, it's not about millionaires and intellectuals. Biafra is about the common man. Freedom is not about social status, the 'agbero' on the streets has as much right to freedom and self determination as anyone else. When you talk about Nnamdi Kanu and his radio station. Did the man force you to listen his Radio? He insulted people, called for the killing of Nigerians,verbally solicited for guns:

Newsflash! He is allowed to do all those things under his right to free speech!

There is no Nigerian law that makes 'talking' a criminal offence. If there is, I challenge you to state it here. Has Kanu killed anyone? Is there any act of terrorism that can be attributed to him? So his crime is just because opened his mouth? Quite laughable

Finally, you said Biafrans should elect politicians that will push for their cause? Why? So you want us to seek a political solution to Biafra and negotiate with Nigeria? Then I ask you, what political process made you a Nigerian? Who negotiated with Igbos and other Biafrans to become Nigerians? On who's authority or mandate was Lugard acting on when he made you and I Nigerians? So you think it is wrong for indigenous West African people such Igbos,Ijaws to seek their own country but you accept the act of illegality of the White Man that made you a Nigerian? Quite laughable. Nigeria is an illegal contraption of the White man, Nigeria is a 55 year old fraud case and Nigeria has no legitimacy. Just because some white men came to West Africa over 100 years ago, beat up people, killed them then proclaimed 'Nigeria' does not make us a nation. We must put an end to the fraud called Nigeria with the emergence of Biafra!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Runs Nigeria, Is It Buhari Or Jibril From Sudan? / We Need To Apologise To Goodluck Jonathan. / SW Will Be Foolish 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.