Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter (49297 Views)

The Working Woman & The Other Family. / Thread For Radiography Aspirant, Undergraduate And The Working Class / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Tolubory(m): 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
davide470:
1. They serve breakfast. Wow.

2. The work time for Non-Chinese is the same as Chinese.. Have you seen a Chinese Man working before. They work like machines.

3. They said its not allowed to have a meal in the kitchen at work times ~ meaning you can go out and have your 1hour break lunch or whatever, without staying above that time.

Is there suppose to be an issue because I ain't seeing any?
abi o
even a Nigerian owned company will not do Have of what they (Chinese) did..
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
I think the problem lies in the language use; 'none Chinese workers', the subconscious suggestion is that Chinese workers get some privileges non Chinese workers don't; Knowing these people well, I daresay the distinction is deliberate and geared towards a gradual, ordered and systematic second classification of non Chinese workers; yes their policies may appear fair facially, yet it hides a discriminatory intent, we as a people should have wised up to these people and their natural bent towards discrimination.

2 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 05, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
I think the problem lies in the language use; 'none Chinese workers', the subconscious suggestion is that Chinese workers get some privileges non Chinese workers don't; Knowing these people well, I daresay the distinction is deliberate and geared towards a gradual, ordered and systematic second classification of non Chinese workers; yes their policies may appear fair facially, yet it hides a discriminatory intent, we as a people should have wised up to these people and their natural bent towards discrimination.
And I won't be surprised if that letter was typed and proofread by their Nigerian hr staff.
abi nor be the same Nigeria that the so called educated graduates call others of mixed raced origin "half-caste".
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 05, 2015
DukeNija:
I know a lot about Huawei, I'm friends with the CTO who is Chinese. The company is a fantastic place to work
The Chinese workers work round the clock, Saturdays and Sundays included. I say this because I've been there on weekends and trust me, those guys work like machines.
I was very surprised but impressed at their level of commitment to work and the company.

Please Huawei is one of the best technology companies in this country.

Huawei is one of d best technology companies in d world.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 05, 2015
PapaBrowne:
A good majority of Nigerian University Graduates have a serious problem. There is this disgusting entitlement mentality they suffer, that not only prevents them from contributing their best to their organization, but makes them demand gratification for their degree instead of their input to the organization. That mentality that says "I'm a graduate so I ought to earn so so and so amount notwithstanding how I do my work".

I mean, a company is gives you the opportunity to have breakfast in the canteen or take a lunch break and you are here complaining. Or do they think the Chinese would produce all the goods they are selling globally if not for their positive work ethic??

This comment should be on all job recruitment websites. Nigerian graduates are ENTITLED & LAZY!

Always looking for ways to laze around and cut corners, never putting in their best. I worked in d UK for a while. Work hours are strict and if ur late being at ur desk after lunch, u face disciplinary measures. (And im an accountant, not working on a production line dt is time sensitive).
And no one complains, they're all used to it. You see teenagers on the train at 6am on their way to work. They've built a strong work ethic from a young age.
I hear the chinese even have a stronger work ethic. Nigerians DT have grown old in universities & have nothing in their heads, will be busy whining & complaining abt every single thing. You see their disgusting attitude everywhere around this country, from govt workers to teachers, even in banks where they seat on their ass all day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by repogirl(f): 1:26am On Dec 05, 2015
I won't be surprised if the allegations hold some truth to them.

My husbands company works on some projects with Huawei and I have hung out with some of their Chinese staff and even though they act very friendly and eager to please, I perceive racist vibes in how they treat other people.

I think they have a mentality about Nigerians(we do not really have a good reputation out there) and so they are quite cautious, that it now looks racist. That's my view on it anyway.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by opribo(m): 2:45am On Dec 05, 2015
I don't know why we like to look for trouble where there is no trouble. Now ifve management begins to suspect Nigerinscworling there of being moles now some people will comecsgqon and start shouting.
Now tell me how did a normal friendly internal memo leak out to Nlanf if not from an insider.
We need to be careful in the things we do before we create problem for innocent Nigerians working there.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by enilowo(m): 5:06am On Dec 05, 2015
MissTechy:
For those who are not aware, someone raised an issue on Twitter with regards to the working condition at Huawei, see the tweet pic below.

So I asked a friend who has been working there for some time now to verify these claims and she gave me a breakdown of what has been happening.

ISSUE ONE: THE OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS

According to her, Huawei held a survey where they made employees choose which working hours they'd prefer, the majority of Nigerians selected 8:00 am to 5 pm while the Chinese counterpart chose 8:30 to 5:30 pm. She claims Huawei did this to help deal with the traffic issues.

ISSUE TWO: DINING HOURS

Apparently, Huawei gives a 1-hour break in between work hours but some employees violate their break period hence the reason it was raised in the mail.

See a full mail addressed to all workers.

Now that we have heard the other side of the story, what do you think?

The only issue is that there are no issues at all.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by nastyesco(m): 5:55am On Dec 05, 2015
Huawei!!!!
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Felaak47(m): 6:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Walkopet:

see dem all^^, Dem no dey sleep

End time commentators
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by pozolana(m): 6:16am On Dec 05, 2015
300Minutes break is what i see
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Meritocracy: 6:19am On Dec 05, 2015
They paid people well and don't owe salary, they train their staff well. Even you're tired you can go for state work of below 18k and still owe you.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MathsChic(f): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2015
janellemonae:

This comment should be on all job recruitment websites. Nigerian graduates are ENTITLED & LAZY!

Always looking for ways to laze around and cut corners, never putting in their best. I worked in d UK for a while. Work hours are strict and if ur late being at ur desk after lunch, u face disciplinary measures. (And im an accountant, not working on a production line dt is time sensitive).
And no one complains, they're all used to it. You see teenagers on the train at 6am on their way to work. They've built a strong work ethic from a young age.
I hear the chinese even have a stronger work ethic. Nigerians DT have grown old in universities & have nothing in their heads, will be busy whining & complaining abt every single thing. You see their disgusting attitude everywhere around this country, from govt workers to teachers, even in banks where they seat on their ass all day.
Both of your comments should be on all job sites in Nigeria. Can't be better said.
The strong entitlement Nigerian graduate feel is overwhelming. Even for a country that is not a noted manufacturer of things, nor a technologically advanced economy.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by HIPROFILE(m): 6:55am On Dec 05, 2015
wonder why we Nigerians atimes despise orderliness and compliance to laws and regulations.

@OP what problem do u have with this now? is Huawei your father's company that you exceed your break hour? eating while you should be working?. abeegi! get serious joor!

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Reference(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2015
You can never really make it in life or amount to much working under such lax conditions.

I am typing this from work and I've been here for up to an hour on a Saturday for starters.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Aremu01(m): 7:10am On Dec 05, 2015
davide470:
1. They serve breakfast. Wow.

2. The work time for Non-Chinese is the same as Chinese.. Have you seen a Chinese Man working before. They work like machines.

3. They said its not allowed to have a meal in the kitchen at work times ~ meaning you can go out and have your 1hour break lunch or whatever, without staying above that time.

Is there suppose to be an issue because I ain't seeing any?
U did ur worst
Is that all u got?
Unless God is not a God of justice that is when he won't punish you for all u did
Y not delete this comment too?
May GOD reward you abundantly for ur witch hunt against Me.
Mtchew
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2015
Nigerians! Get a skill, create value and work for yourselves, then no one will be able to regulate or draw a line as to how far you can reach in life. The chinese, lebanese and indians have a very bad reputation when it comes to treating home staff, and some homebased companies have contacted the disease too. This face-saving and damage controlling mail is a calculated attempt to coverup the toxic working environment in the company. Asking for a better working environment is a right its got nothing to do with a feeling of entitlement, it is not just about incentives; what about racism, micromanagement and emotional abuse? To all of you talking trash here; who no go, no know.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by project7(m): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2015
stagger:
The fact is that the work ethic of a typical Chinese or Indian worker is very strong. We as Nigerians do not come close.

Secondly, ask any Chinese employer of labour in Africa. They are appalled at the number of religious breaks we take. They cannot understand why someone will be in church on Sunday, Midweek service on Wed, and prayer meeting another day, n or can they comprehend the 5 times daily prayer breaks by our muslim brothers. Yet the Nigerian economy stinks to the highest heavens of corruption, mismanagement and every kind of human vice. Imagine the owner of a news organization who is always doing one thanksgiving in church or another telling the world he received 2.1bn from the former NSA as media campaigns for PDP, as if the National Security Agency is now the PDP campaign organization. The Chinese cannot tolerate such and that is why they have Operation Fox Trot hunting fugitives of justice in more than 100 countries to the point where many are returning voluntarily to face justice.

And things are actually working in China. They produce 1,200,000 MW of electricity, (1.2 million MW), compared to Nigeria still struggling to cross the 4,500MW threshold since time immemorial.

That is why the Chinese employers of labour have had to draw up rules to stop the Nigerian employees corrupting their setup with our ways.
Thank you my brother.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by charlsecy(m): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2015
MissTechy:
Now that we have heard the other side of the story, what do you think?
What exactly is the significance of your post about Huawei? Please tell me.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by olorunsogo1: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2015
I learnt Huawei has one of the best working conditions in Nigeria. Your system shut down automatically for breaks. I don't know much of their pay package.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by okogbemyk(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2015
sirTesco:
Just lost my uncle about few hours ago.
God rest his soul.
The life of the dead lives in the memories of the living.
I will always remember him for his meekness.
Sleep on Mr. Christopher Ojo.

Pls help pray for the happy repose of his soul.

Abeg hope it's not Mr Ojo the lecturer @ Auchi Poly.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MedusaClad: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2015
mmmm....maybe Nigerians should start having their own TECH companies too, employing fellow Nigerians and putting Naij' on the world scene for better resasons. Instead of complaining about MTN, Huawei etc...after going to Dubai to show off....
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by sirTesco(m): 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
okogbemyk:

Abeg hope it's not Mr Ojo the lecturer @ Auchi Poly.
Lol. Not at all. The one I'm talking of is a biznex man who lives in Lagos. High Chief Christopher Ojo.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by iambabaG: 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
atarapa:
Ask him of Adrian in airtel project. U will knw that our graduates are slave to this Chinese guys. I left huawei dis august.

Will do.. His name is lekan
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by dapsonlou(m): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
free2ryhme:
what you see in that mail is true but what you dont know is that the true reasons behind it is against the Nigerian staffs

Please explain.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by TheSexyChic: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
charlsecy:

What exactly is the significance of your post about Huawei? Please tell me.

Questions for the gods, if you can't understand what she tried to do . It obviously means you need to go back to secondary school
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by zicoy6k: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
ENDTIME working condition.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by free2ryhme: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
dapsonlou:

Please explain.

I can't go beyond this
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by itoese(m): 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
Nothing wrong with the regulations. They only try to ensure work place discipline.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by charlsecy(m): 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
TheSexyChic:

Questions for the gods, if you can't understand what she tried to do . It obviously means you need to go back to secondary school
In the name of the gods, whoever or whatever you serve, tell me what is wrong with the policy at Huawei?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.