Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Crazy Unknown Facts And Popular Quotes About Shoes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Crazy Unknown Facts And Popular Quotes About Shoes (902 Views)

How Do You Sell Your Unknown Perfume Successfully On The Internet? Some Help / Adeniyi Johnson Propose To His Unknown Girlfriend??? / Some Facts And Occasions That Demand Designer Shoulder Bags For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Unknown Facts And Popular Quotes About Shoes by dezisellng: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Shoes Shoes Shoes! Can you give the exact number of shoes you have worn since childhood? Can you boast about taking care of your shoes as much as you have done for your clothings? How many shoes have you given out and how many have you gotten so attached to,that you have absolutely refused to let go of. 

Well in as much as might might not have realized, shoes have shared a special history with man as the primary protector of man's feet. 

It's time to share some known and unknown facts about the shoe you wear everyday. Some of these facts readers might find bizarre

• High heel shoes, where originally designed for men. In fact, men actually wore heels but as you know, women have an eye for good things. They dominated this design. What if that didn't happen, how do you think a typical man would look wearing high heels? Let's not go there.

• The Average Nigerian woman aims to have over 10 pairs of shoes.

• Right and Left pair of shoes was never in existence, the first pair was made in Philadelphia. Can you imagine the pain an person has to go through when this wasn't invented?

• Men who love sneakers due to its flashy, and rubbery design would love to know that the name sneakers was given to it because the shoe was made with rubber soles enabling people walk around noiselessly without getting noticed. Sneakers was originally called Keds.

• You can never really tell a person's worth by the type of clothes they wear, but it's very easy do determine their salary grade just from the quality of their shoes alone.

• Women are more easily addicted to shoes than men

•Nigerians are known to prefer moving about more with assorted  slippers than shoes

• In ancient times anyone who wore sandals was under some form of oath.

•In Hungary, the Groom usually toasts and drinks from the shoe of the Bride

• Pointed toe shoes originated in Europe and are still fashionable in some parts of South Eastern Nigeria. The Ibo speaking parts specifically.

• Men Shoes and Women were identical up until the 18th century when they decided to part ways with their separate masculine and feminine unique designs

• The first man to walk on the Moon, Neil Armstrong. The boots which he used to step on the moon,  are not on display on earth like one would expect, they are still floating in outer space.

• An average woman is likely to purchase about 469 shoes during her lifetime as researched by Glamour 

• According to superstitious beliefs, to dream of a loss of one's shoe indicates sign of illness in the coming future.

• In Iraq and some countries of the middle east,  showing a person the soles of your shoe is a sign of great disrespect.

• During the Tisha B'Av  Day, Jews are strictly prohibited from wearing leather shoes as it is a sign of mourning . Isaiah is commanded to remove his shoes Book of Isaiah (20:2). Shoes play a prominent role in mourning after a death in Jewish communities. 

•  The most expensive shoe in the world is $3,000,000, from House Of Harry Winston. It is said to be made of Ruby.

• According to Guinness book of record, the largest number of people to run while wearing high heel shoe is 155.

• Ancient philosophers like Plato and Aristotle believed that wearing shoes increases and individuals confidence while barefoot reduces confidence. Same also applies to libido and sexual power.

• When purchasing shoes, best to try it on at the end of the day when your feet has totally expanded to its maximum  size.

• 7 out of 10 Nigerian men have never bought a new shoe

Popular Sayings About Shoes.

• I cried because I had no shoes then I met a man who had no feet - Unknown ( Indian Proverb)

• Don't throw away your old shoe until you have a new pair - German Proverb 

• Before you criticize some one, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you can criticize them in their shoes - Steve Martin 

•Give a girl the right shoe and she can conquer the world - Marilyn Monroe

• You're either in your bed or in your shoes so pay to invest in both - John Wildsmith 

• A woman with good shoes is never ugly - Coco Chanel 

•In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bags. I carried my books in my hands but i never despaired - Ex President Of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan

Source: http://www.dezisell.com/blogs/fashion-tips-info/70375173-crazy-unknown-facts-and-popular-quotes-about-shoes

Re: Crazy Unknown Facts And Popular Quotes About Shoes by DICE234(m): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
meanwhile

Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak. are you a fashion designer that can make a statement with your designs? why not click on my signature to register your services? Sabiboy... someone, somwhere needs your services

(1) (Reply)

Would You Purchase Anything From This Boutique? [photo] / Someone Teach Me How To Dance Please / LADIES!!!! These Are The Accessories To Spend Your Cash On To Look Like A STAR!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.