Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Does The Lumia's Have Regional Locks? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does The Lumia's Have Regional Locks? (367 Views)

Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives / Microsoft Lumia 650 XL Will Replace The Lumia 850? / A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Lumia's Have Regional Locks? by mickonzo112: 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
I'm trying to get a 2 weeks old used Microsoft Lumia 950 from Ebay but before I go ahead to pay for it, I need to know if I'd be able to use it here in Nigeria. According to the seller, he had one locked to ee that was damaged so he took it in for repair and they sent him a new phone (The Phone I wanna buy) which was then unlocked as they didn't know what network he was on.
Re: Does The Lumia's Have Regional Locks? by PhonePlanet(m): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
You can buy it.

The lock he was talking about is "network lock" not regional locked since its now unlocked, you can use it on any network in the world. And there is nothing like regional lock, unless the manufacturer refuses to sell it in a particular region, but in this case, you are buying from a person, not manufacturer.
Re: Does The Lumia's Have Regional Locks? by mickonzo112: 12:24am On Dec 05, 2015
PhonePlanet:
You can buy it.

The lock he was talking about is "network lock" not regional locked since its now unlocked, you can use it on any network in the world. And there is nothing like regional lock, unless the manufacturer refuses to sell it in a particular region, but in this case, you are buying from a person, not manufacturer.

Okay. Thank you for the info

(1) (Reply)

My Motorola / In Addition To "Like" Reaction Button, Facebook Is Rolling Out "Love" Button Etc / Xiaomi Mi 5 Arriving In India In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.