Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Is It Possible To Get A 1st Degree Based On Work Experience & Diplomas In Hand - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Possible To Get A 1st Degree Based On Work Experience & Diplomas In Hand (822 Views)

How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / Work Experience Or Further Study. / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get A 1st Degree Based On Work Experience & Diplomas In Hand by viperman: 8:06pm On May 30, 2009
Hi guys,

So two friends of mine were asking me this yesterday, but i couldn't provide them with concrete answers. I however told them to be patient that i will go consult my e-Encyclopedia(Nairaland members) and get back to them soonest

Now the gist is: They both have obtained Diplomas in IT courses and Higher Diploma's, (i think from NIIT ) as far back as 2003/2004. They have a couple of certificstions, and have been working(IT firm & telco) with these degrees since then till date. The thing now is that they want to have first degrees as fast as possible, and are looking for universities(private & public) that would be able to award them degrees based on their qualifications ( working experience in the IT field and their Diplomas).
While we were discussing, they said someone told them some schools might be willing to grant them the degrees so as to build up their alumni base in companies, but they would have to pay some money(tagged ADMIN fees) coupled with their current qualification

-How true is this?
Re: Is It Possible To Get A 1st Degree Based On Work Experience & Diplomas In Hand by viperman: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2009
cool
Re: Is It Possible To Get A 1st Degree Based On Work Experience & Diplomas In Hand by FEMARY(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2009
those are called diploma mills.they are fake.google diploma mills and read all.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Mba Students At Bth Sweden Let Meet Here / Dbs Media Interview / Are You Taking The Initiative ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.