Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu (38416 Views)

Before They Mislead President Buhari: Dele Momodu / The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu Pendulum By Dele Momodu- This Day / The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by ab4real15: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
Kassidy4luv:
Nnamdi Kanu ..........shld not die ooooo or the country is not ready to handle wt might errupt.
if Cownu dies in detention what can a million of ur type do Biafra my foot.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
obailala:
Do you know for how many centuries the Scots have been agitating for independence before they eventually got that referendum in 2014?
If the igbos want to secede they should go about it the right way,violence only makes things worse. It is better to secede and have peace than live like an outcast in a country they call their own.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by basileze: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
The difference between the cowardly Dele Momodu and Brave Nnamdi Kanu is while Momodu escaped to UK to operate Radio Kudirat, Kanu grabbed the bull by the horn and he is confronting the bull in Nigeria.

I do not expect Dele Momodu to speak up when Gen. Buhari makes a highly inflammatory statement of 97% to 5% the status quo favours Momodu personal interest so he is ok.

While I have my reservations for Biafra. Truth be told, its popularity among Igbo youths is unprecedented. a referendum presently will go for Biafra so it is not advisable to go for referendum.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by nike4love: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
PassingShot:

In your own wisdom and Dele's, the FG has not handled Kanu case well but I tell you that I believe the govt has done well. Let heavens fall because of incaceration of a man who openly asked his supporters to kill Hausas and Yorubas. Let whoever wants to go to war do so because a secessionist that boasted he will kill anyone who voted for the president should he come across them is incacerated. Kanu has committed treasonable offences with a lot of evidences. As such he cannot be treated with kid's gloves.
Dele can continue to speak from both sides of his mouth, na him sabi.
Why not present the thousand evidence nd send him to life jail at once rather than charging him on imaginary crime!!!
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by realborn(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2015
PassingShot:

In your own wisdom and Dele's, the FG has not handled Kanu case well but I tell you that I believe the govt has done well. Let heavens fall because of incaceration of a man who openly asked his supporters to kill Hausas and Yorubas. Let whoever wants to go to war do so because a secessionist that boasted he will kill anyone who voted for the president should he come across them is incacerated. Kanu has committed treasonable offences with a lot of evidences. As such he cannot be treated with kid's gloves.

Your opinion is respected. My views are quite clear. If he would tried, then it should be expedited. If granted bail, then it should be respected.

If the government decides to incarcerate him indefinitely, the government should be prepared to manage the consequences.

I'm Yoruba and I have been to Enugu and Ph within the week. Both cities were peaceful. We must maintain this calm by managing this aptly. There are better methods of managing a garrulous individual.

My 2 cents!

4 Likes

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by nike4love: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
Mr writer,no wise man will agree to debate on television defending nigeria.not even ur hero soyinka.where will U even put ur leg to start the defending,which system is working in nigeria?
I will love to see that debate. honestly.

6 Likes

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

You guys keep making a comparison to Scotland but what you fail to realize is that the Scottish Independence movement is made up of intellectuals, academics and politicians. They provided evidence of how their country will be constituted if they got independence, from oil treaties with Norway, decommissioning of nuclear facilities. They had several bases covered before asking for independence. The Scottish people saw evidence of how their country will function if they leave the union.

It is not like Ipod run by an illiterate that goes on radio calling for the massacre of Nigerians and calling Leaders names and asking for his supporters to murder a well know Nigerian Pastor. He was even caught on video asking for money to buy arms. This is an unprofessional illiterate with no common sense.

The Scottish spent years trying to convince their people, they then formed a party - the SNP. After decades of campaigning, they got majority of political seats in the Scottish Parliament. Even after that, it took them years to convince the UK government to agree to a referendum. The whole process took over 50 years. It is a separation and not a tea party.

When Igbos are serious, they will vote for a party that wants Biafra independence, they will make them senators, HORs and governors. After that they can negotiate with the Nigerian state for a referendum.

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks.
Make them do menu for 'favorite' for comments o
I just siddon here they wonder the kind mama wey born you, it'd be futile to dispute that she's not in Albert Einstein's class.
Top Top comment...

3 Likes

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by oluamid(m): 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
realborn:
Applause for Dele!

It is an overkill to keep Nnamdi Kanu indefinitely in custody or treat him like Dasuki.

If the government feels he has a case to answer, charge him to court, but let him have a right to prompt bail.

Today, more lives and properties have been lost due to his continuous unnecessary detention. I think Biafra has gone beyond Kanu. It is now a movement. Use of force on protesters who bear no arms will not quench the agitation of the movement.

Buhari has poorly handled this melee. Wisdom is profitable to direct!

Are you sure you are not just being emotional about this? Else, what you just said is equivalent to asking the government to be both the prosecutor and the judge. You said government should have charged Nnmadi Kanu to court, they have done that. Now you still say the same government shoul let him have a prompt bail. How do you want the govt to do this? Set the court's decision aside? The court says Nnamdi Kanu should be released provided he can fulfil some conditions. These conditions haven't been met yet. So how exactly should the govt had responded? Release him unconditionally contrary to the court's decision? In my book, that's contempt of court.

One other thing, it is obvious Buhari has not shown a personal interest in the case yet. The issue is clearly between the DSS and Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by prettyboi1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2015
pikapizy:

if Nigerians are to go with the poo you wrote thinking you're smart,then PMB should be serving jail term because I can remember him saying " if he doesn't rule Nigeria blood will flow!" I'm not ibo but I believe in equality and fairness the Igbo people agitation for Biafra might be born outta greed but jailing kanu isn't the right step.unless buhari have a personal problem with him or his tribesmen...
Yesterday, I was going to write a post about how comprehension is a big problem to us,Nigerians but I eventually let it pass. No where on earth did Buhari say 'if he doesn't rule,that blood would flow'. What he said (without quotation ) was if PDP continued to rig,the baboon and the dog would be soaked in blood. Is that too hard to understand or translate? Rigging always comes with agitations and unhappiness that makes people start fighting...simple explanation but lack of comprehension made people misquote and misunderstand. If you know anything about "national integrity ",you would know that people like Kanu cannot be tolerated after threatening national security. Sadly,y'all prefer playing local tribal and ethnic politics in 2015..SMH. I,personally, I don't give a shiit about tribe..I always tell people who care to know that "I AM A NIGERIAN,FVCK TRIBE". Go and watch the video where Kanu was asking for sponsors for 'guns and bullets' to fight 'the zoo' and you're here talking local tribal crap. A criminal is a criminal and should be treated as such according to the law.
God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by akigbemaru: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dele Momodu
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by abe4kom: 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
And you condemn Kanu for condemning such a system?
Your priorities are warped beyond redemption
naijapips02:

it's like you are not conversant with our legal systems? some prisoner stay in prison for 10 years awaiting trial. That's the kind of mess our legal system was on.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Lordave: 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
Just on Thursday the national secretary of Ijaw National Congress said on AIT that the Ijaw nation, on 28May of this year resolved to seek for self determination.
TonyeBarcanista, are you aware?
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by pathardy(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
PassingShot:

I use to read your comments with kneen interest of objectivity but I'm highly disappointed with this.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by ademega(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

guys keep making a comparison to Scotland but what you fail to realize is that the Scottish Independence movement is made up of intellectuals, academics and politicians. They provided evidence of how their country will be constituted if they got independence, from oil treaties with Norway, decommissioning of nuclear facilities. They had several bases covered before asking for independence. The Scottish people saw evidence of how their country will function if they leave the union.

It is not like Ipod run by an illiterate that goes on radio calling for the massacre of Nigerians and calling Leaders names and asking for his supporters to murder a well know Nigerian Pastor. He was even caught on video asking for money to buy arms. This is an unprofessional illiterate with no common sense.

The Scottish spent years trying to convince their people, they then formed a party - the SNP. After decades of campaigning, they got majority of political seats in the Scottish Parliament. Even after that, it took them years to convince the UK government to agree to a referendum. The whole process took over 50 years. It is a separation and not a tea party.

When Igbos are serious, they will vote for a party that wants Biafra independence, they will make them senators, HORs and governors. After that they can negotiate with the Nigerian state for a referendum.

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks.

I love this analysis.
God bless the content of your brain.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lordave:
Just on Thursday the national secretary of Ijaw National Congress said on AIT that the Ijaw nation, on 28May of this year resolved to seek for self determination.
TonyeBarcanista, are you aware?
I am very much aware of the INC meeting this year. One of our resolve is to REMAIN with the Nigeria state and pursue True Federalism.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by oluamid(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

You guys keep making a comparison to Scotland but what you fail to realize is that the Scottish Independence movement is made up of intellectuals, academics and politicians. They provided evidence of how their country will be constituted if they got independence, from oil treaties with Norway, decommissioning of nuclear facilities. They had several bases covered before asking for independence. The Scottish people saw evidence of how their country will function if they leave the union.

You have said all there is to be said. I hope people will let common sense prevail rather than allowing their emotions to rule them. I agree the Igbos are oppressed. But so are all the other ethnic groups in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, many Igbo sons are part of the oppressors. The fight should be against the ruling class who transcend ethnic lines and not other tribes in the country.

You don't incite people to violence against members of other tribes and expect to walk free in the country. According to the 1999 constitution (as amended), Nnamdi Kanu committed treason several times over. How will the average Biafran feel if say a Yoruba man or Hausa man ask people to start killing all the Igbos they meet?

I wish I can lay my hands on some of the posts by Nnamdi Kanu (and I have seen many) so you can see the hate speech.

Anyway, no one says not to agitate of separation from Nigeria, but there are sensible ways to go about it.It is my hope that that sensible way will be followed.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by xcals(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

WELL SAID!!
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by maestroferddi: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
I am not a fan of Dele Momodu but he has succeeded in making a whole lot of sense on this issue.

The way Buhari speaks and conducts himself calls his pledge to the territorial indivisibility of Nigeria into serious question...

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by NaWetinDey(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
If you join protests without considering that you are going for suicide mission, Oyo.

If you have listened to you religious leader for long but have not developed a changed character but, instead, decided to die by the words or an addic, a Taoist and a chronic liar who is more empty than En empty barrel, Oyo.

If you think that committing suicide by challenging armed officials ignorantly will take you to heaven or make you relevant on earth, Oyo.

If you love freedom and you insist that Biafra be free but you go to head bridge (Onitsha) and decide to block people who have the same or different view from crossing and exercising their freedom to move, and you are killed in the process, Oyo.

If in your processes of protesting your right to freedom of association and the rest you obstru t or try to deny others their own freedom, if you are cut down in the process, Oyo.

If your frustration makes you angry with your neighbour and with God and with everything to the point that you openly call for your listeners to kill and you have no equal means of defending g or protecting yourself, Oyo.

If you so much depend on the UN charter for human rights to canvas for your freedom buy, while doing so you oppose or obstruct or prevent others from exercising their own UN charter for rights, if anything happens to you, you are damned sure Oyo.

Any Igbo who thinks that "boys Oye" or 'oshebe" will give us Biafra needs to 'receive wisdom.'. It's high time those educated amongst the searchers do everything to win legally...or just flow with the tide and hope for the best. May God's anger remove from our midst anyone who would want our sons and daughters to enter into another blind and unprepared war and be butchered for nothing just because one glutton, sex addict and defiler or the land has the gift of garb.

NB. Pardon the typos; my phone keys are messy; the torch pad mostly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by drss(m): 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
Finally dele momodu don dey get sense small small. cheesy Good write up. Buari is a dullaard.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Vulu: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
naijapips02:

it is what it is bro. Nnamdi should not get away from all that he's done.

I've heard that conman threaten Buhari's Family and kids....I've heard him command his followers to kill a man....one radio station owner in owerri.

Honestly bro, Nnamdi should be made to pay for his crimes. Doing otherwise would make Nigeria appear weak.

You can't blackmail a nation Like Nigeria into submission. He must go through all the proceedings as entrenched in the laws of our legal system.

That is what makes us a Sovereign state.

IF YOU ARE FROM THE EAST I HAVE 'BAD' NEWS FOR YOU. YOUR CHILDREN AND GREAT-GRAND CHILDREN WILL BE BIAFRANS. KANU OR NO KANU.
BIAFRANS MORE RADICAL THAN KANU ARE WAITING TO TAKE OVER.

IN IGBOLAND, EVEN IF YOUR CHI DISAGREES WITH YOU, YOU FORCE IT TO AGREE VEHEMENTLY. I'M SORRY BIAFRA HAS COME TO STAY.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

Very, very good analysis.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Image123(m): 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
realborn:

Your opinion is respected. My views are quite clear. If he would tried, then it should be expedited. If granted bail, then it should be respected.

If the government decides to incarcerate him indefinitely, the government should be prepared to manage the consequences.

I'm Yoruba and I have been to Enugu and Ph within the week. Both cities were peaceful. We must maintain this calm by managing this aptly. There are better methods of managing a garrulous individual.

My 2 cents!

Ignoring him is not a better way. Treating him with kidgloves is not a better way. Nnamdi has caused enough trouble already. He's in court, his case is, and should remain there. It's unfortunate already the way he's preying on jobless and 'gainlessly' employed igbo youths.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by davspog2(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

Oga Saturn may GOD continue to bless and increase you in wisdom sire! Comparing scottish referendum to Nnamdi kanu radio biafra that calls for killing of people and blatant lies is rubbish
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by princejayboss: 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
PassingShot:

You were so smart that your stupidity did not allow you to understand that his charges did not include treason..... The write up by dele was a typical response from me a day after the arrest...... I for a person don't like his style ... I don't even know him now but FG just made him a dope figure now.... Now if goes to prison is a problem... If he dies its a more problem, if you free him ... He will be a real gee.... Now FG is in no man land

3 Likes

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by 49cents(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
Dele Momodu thinks Buhari doesn't know what's up.....

Of course Igbo with their multi trillion dollar investments across Nigeria would vote for Biafra byt the window of refrendum that is opens will lead to a list of other requests for refrendum from the soith south and that one will sail through and once the south south leaves with their Oil Nigeria's glue is gone
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by quickly: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
razortruth:
The arrest of Nnamdi Kanu is among the blunders so far committed by this PMB administration. I doubt this president have a wise advicer. By arresting and detaining him, you have not only made him popular but you have inadverntly helped the biafra course. The cloud is gathering, PMB will be surprised that Kanu is already attracting sympatizers world over because of his continual detention. DSS has helped the biafrans without knowing it

The Government has the authority to arrest any individual inciting violence, coup, secession, economic sabotage etc.

any government has that right.

if biafra want to secede start from senate, ask all senators to resign and then house of Representatives.

No be by gra- gra.

People trying copy UK forget UK is a monarchy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo Storms Cinema To Watch 'Chief Daddy' Movie / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / Owerri Jailbreak: Inmates Turn To Cleaning, Hawking Jobs For Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.