Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Truck And Tanker Accidents; How To Subdue It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck And Tanker Accidents; How To Subdue It (465 Views)

Fatal Accident Between Truck And Keke Leaves Two Dead In Imo State. Photos / Photos Of Ghastly Accident Involving A 911 Truck And Multiple Cars In Edo State. / Accident Involving A Dangote Cement Truck And A Car (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Truck And Tanker Accidents; How To Subdue It by Nicolars(m): 10:27am On Dec 05, 2015
Accidents are inevitable but can be reduced.

Just recently we've been having cases of truck accidents and fuel tanker calamities all over our roads especially in Lagos which is the busiest state in the country. Just yesterday night, a tanker fell off Ojuelegba bridge and exploded as the news got to me. Now comes the other part. What ways do you think we can use to reduce these accidents.

What I would first like the government to do is work on dilapidated roads, believe it or not, bad roads have something to do with these accidents. Bad roads can in any time burst tires.
let's also hold the bull by its horn. Drivers of heavy truck do not drive like they should, they drive like motorists sometimes, some don't even go for driver's lesson. They don't check their vehicles every morning to check for any fault, they don't service every time. This also has something to do with the accidents.

Another part we should look into is the time limit. When the law was brought up that trucks should move only between 9pm to 5am. I wasn't happy with it but was glad it was lifted. Now comes the consequences. If trucks move in the midnight, the rate of truck accidents will surely be reduced. They would have free movements and perform their fast and furious the way they like lol. Though It will reduce their work output but it will be better. This should be a sacrifice they should make.
Then I wondered, aren't BRT as big as these trucks. How have they managed to control them; making special lanes for them. Though it looks difficult to achieve but seriously that's the best way.

I stand to be corrected though. Am I right or wrong? And how else do you think it can be reduced.

source; http://nicolarsblog..com/2015/12/truck-and-tanker-accidents-how-to.html

Re: Truck And Tanker Accidents; How To Subdue It by benedictnsi(m): 10:27am On Dec 05, 2015
It's alright..... Tell Amechi, the Transporter

(1) (Reply)

Has South Africa Lost His Value?? / Graphic Photos: Four Drown In Ekiti River / Arik Air Tops Airlines In Flight Delays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.