Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch (1293 Views)

Army Arrest SSG To Rivers State Govt / Fayose Reinstate Suspended Ssg / Fayose Pardons 31 Ekiti Civil Servants Who Resumed Late To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by yns4real: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ekiti State Governor has pardoned the suspended Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Modupe Alade, and asked her to resume duty Monday.

The governor had on Thursday suspended the SSG for three months for alleged incompetence.

The decision to reverse the suspension followed the intervention of the Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Adeyemo Adejugbe, and some elders in the state during the monarch’s 25th coronation anniversary.

The occasion was attended by the wife of former Benue State Governor, Mrs. Yemisi Suswam; former Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, who was represented; former Ekiti Deputy Governors: Chief Paul Alabi and Dr. Sikiru Lawal, retired Supreme Court Justice, Olufunmilola Adekeye, traditional rulers, political office holders and community leaders.

Adejugbe while making his speech at the coronation anniversary held at the palace grounds told the governor that he had a special request to make to the governor which he wanted him to grant before his departure.

The royal father said the grand occasion would not be complete without the governor acceding to the request to pardon Mrs. Alade and restore her to office.

The Ewi said he, in agreement with the Founder of Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), Catholic Bishop of Ekiti Diocese, the Most Revd. Felix Ajakaye, and retired Anglican Archbishop of Ondo Province and Bishop of Ekiti Diocese, the Most Revd. Samuel Abe and other elders were pleading for the pardon of the suspended SSG.

Fayose, who said the request caught him unawares added that he had no option than to grant the request.

He also used the occasion to warn political office holders and civil servants against going beyond their bounds.
Fayose said, “I am firm on the fact that if the governor appoints you to a position, you must not go beyond your bounds and when I tell you not to cross the line, if you cross the line, I will discipline you.

“What you asked took me by surprise, this is what I will term an ex-parte order but I don’t know whether you will allow me to be heard.

“I saw your (Ewi’s) call hours after I took the action, I went to hide my phone because I knew I would come here today. Kabiyesi, what you are asking from me, I don’t know what to do.

“I have no choice because of you, for all political office holders and civil servants, adherence to law, obedience and loyalty must go hand-in-hand. How do I leave here and you asking me to pardon her?

“You have tied my hand and you did not give me the leeway, I defer to you and I defer to our fathers who are here. I have no option than to pardon her. She can resume office on Monday.”

www.punchng.com/?p=13231
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Rapoo(m): 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
Best governor...... Pls just like and dont quote me

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
Rapoo:
Best governor...... Pls just like and dont quote me
I quote u.. what are gon do? Call fayose to suspend me from nairaland? grin

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by MrLexander(m): 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Good one
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Rapoo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
its very risky to quote me more especially wen not permitted. shockedshocked Bt due to my good mood dis night cheesy grin cool, i wil temper mercy with justice grin grin grin. Bt go and fall into my offence no more. tongue tongue tongue FCT

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Rapoo(m): 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
its very risky to quote me more especially wen not permitted. shockedshocked Bt due to my good mood dis night cheesy grin cool, i wil temper mercy with justice grin grin grin. Bt go and fall into my offence no more. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by greatiyk4u(m): 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lord of Ajasa
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by okomogo(m): 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
This is the only democratic governor in the whole of South West..

My role model
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
God bless Fayose and all Nairaland PDP members

1 Like

Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by permsec: 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
ok
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Aromas: 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
Good move
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by omogin(f): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
Smart governor
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by RollingStones(m): 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
For this singular act you are my ROLE MODEL TOO.
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Ebay14(m): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
Happy ssg
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Meriekriss: 12:56am On Dec 06, 2015
This man Sha.. Always in the news..
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by amunkita(m): 1:29am On Dec 06, 2015
Fayose is a BIAF, if you put am 'RAN' you re wise..

Fayose the True democratic Governor of Nigeria.

Fayose is my Guy.
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by me1234: 6:17am On Dec 06, 2015
This singular action brought tears to my eyes. I don't know why I continue to like this guy. I never use to like him at all. Because in his first tenure I use to wonder if he was governing Ekiti from lagos. He was always in Opebi in their so call government house/ lodge close to my house in Opebi. I will gladly give him my vote if he contest for presidency
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:41am On Dec 06, 2015
Rapoo:
its very risky to quote me more especially wen not permitted. shockedshocked Bt due to my good mood dis night cheesy grin cool, i wil temper mercy with justice grin grin grin. Bt go and fall into my offence no more. tongue tongue tongue
grin
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by saintopus(m): 6:43am On Dec 06, 2015
me1234:
This singular action brought tears to my eyes. I don't know why I continue to like this guy. I never use to like him at all. Because in his first tenure I use to wonder if he was governing Ekiti from lagos. He was always in Opebi in their so call government house/ lodge close to my house in Opebi. I will gladly give him my vote if he contest for presidency

Me too!
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Dafe20(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2015
#Respect
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 06, 2015
Apc goons gonna be like '' People keep loving these guy the more we smear his political images ''
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by PRYCE(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2015
The Baddest Governor Ever Liveth!
Re: Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2015
An act worth commendation. Well done Fayose for acceding to the request of the elders

(1) (Reply)

NITEL Building In Lagos Currently On Fire (photos) / Femi-fani Kayode Replies Emir Sanusi On His Article Blasting Yorubas [MUST READ] / #Buharigate: The President Is Also A #Yam Eater!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.