Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians (25636 Views)

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Mile 12 Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by funmijoyb(f): 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Just told you the bitter truth.. Deal with that... I see no difference btw Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, You all re oppressor to The Niger Deltans

Bunch of Parasites
This is d best comment have ever seen on Nairaland ever. i can quote and use it anyday. hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by delvinmaya(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
Apologies to Quotasystem, I inferred you were igbo. That said, I still stand on what I said earlier
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by VickJames(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
I do not blame them at all but I blame all the gluttons like Asari Dokubo and all the charlatans that hijacked the genuine struggle of the Niger Delta people to enrich themselves.

I do not blame them at all but I blame all the Niger Delta myopic politicians and Governors like Odili and Amaechi including all the thieves that have managed the NDDC who felt that the only way to become relevant in this cesspit called 'one Nigeria' is to play along using our money meant for our self development and sustainability after oil to go on a wild goose chase.
I do not blame them but I blame all the parents that birthed all the people that have decided to be used by these poiticians to cause mayhem chasing away investors and plunging the entire region into oblivion.

I for once will never blame these three big parasites, but the truth remains that a day will come when the real Niger Deltans will rise up and demand for accountability from our own elites and the oppressive Nigerian state and we will do it by any means necessary at all cost.Nigeria has date with reality it is just a matter of time.

be the niger deltan

dont wait for another saviour
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Kagame: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
What truth? This is the problem with you folks.
If you take your statistics on what I have just written , you'll find out that your speculative comment about the Niger Delta is what is also obtainable in other ethnic groups of this country and by the sheer number of your population your poverty rate is higher than that of all the minority ethnic groups of the Niger Delta.
Go to Aba road in Port Harcourt now , 98% of school dropouts that are hawking on the streets are of Igbo extraction and the same thing applies when it comes to the number of people with white collar jobs too and this isn't about being better off or worse off but a population induced phenomenon.

It would be insane to make comparisons where the same thing you're comparing with do not have an equal population status.
How many Rivers people are packing their load to live in Owerri, Aba, Onitsha et al compared to the movement of your people into cities like warri, PHC ,Calabar et al?
People migrate because hardship - People do not just migrate for fun.

Faultless logic.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Guy stop typing trash. there is no much poverty in ND compare To States like Ebonyi, Osun , Oyo, Bornu, Zaria, E.t.c and some SE , SW and Northern States.. ND re the Least Poverty region in Nigeria compare to other region .. So what's the beef ?

I was born and bred in the port harcourt town. I know the Niger Delta more than you. You're the one talking trash. I'm not beefing anyone, I'm only saying the truth.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Don't place all your woes on the big three. Besides, Igbo's played no part in the underdevelopment of the Niger Delta region. Blame your leaders and your mentality.

Who is placing His woes on The Big Three?.. Last time I checked The said majority ain't in Any way better that Niger Deltans minorities..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Udmaster(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Who is placing His woes on The Big Three?.. Last time I checked The said majority ain't in Any way better that Niger Deltans minorities..
Nnewi alone will flog ur tiny itsekiri tribe when it comes to being Rich.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

I was born and bred in the port harcourt town. I know the Niger Delta more than you. You're the one talking trash. I'm not beefing anyone, I'm only saying the truth.

U know Niger Deltan more than me ?.. Okay... End of Discussion
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by funmijoyb(f): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
QuotaSystem:

A country with Hausas producing food, minerals and raw materials from her resources while the Yorubas use their natural and technical resources to process and export our and their agricultural products at this period when the value of oil is sinking fast, is a timely marriage made in heaven.
u dey craze.

is only cattles and animal product SW wants frm d north. is d South east dat hausa are exporting agricultural product to on daily basis.

Sw produces Yam, cassava, cocoa, cocoyam, water melon, vegetables, Rice, Beans e.t.c South west(odualabds)is d Green colour of d Nigerian flag. is d most fertile lands in Nigeria 4 agriculture.

Goods south west ships to d north are: pineapple, Bananas and plantain, coacoa, Oranges, Yams e.t.c
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Don't place all your woes on the big three. Besides, Igbo's played no part in the underdevelopment of the Niger Delta region. Blame your leaders and your mentality.
Your woes are mounting by the day.

Last I checked you're the ones that wants a way out of this country.
What's happening in the North East is fast catching up with you just incase you're still living in your fool's paradise.
Continue deluding yourselves - There are few people at the helms of affairs that actually needed people like you to remain relevant and this is why poverty rate in all regions will remain high among the more populated ethnic groups.
If you think they remember your miserable existence then think again and this is the message I've been trying to pass across to you but it seems that you're too busy beating your chest all for nothing even as poverty creeps closer to your doorstep.
Poverty is affecting Nigerians from all walks of life but making a thread and placing any ethnic group as the most miserable is a joke on yourselves.
Go the streets and listen carefully then you'll begin to appreciate what I'm saying to you - No matter what poverty has no boundaries.
Talking about my mentality as a Niger Deltan is funny to me because a typical Niger Deltan will rather remain and die in poverty than to move drugs or sell their bodies for sex which is what you're well known for , anything that puts food on your table is a welcome idea . Bro, we don't roll like that . We've got our human dignity intact no matter what the world throw at us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

be the niger deltan

dont wait for another saviour
Lol, you deluded folks are amazingly foolish to say the least.
The man who had counted it all but lost do not need a savior but the man who was beaten down to the back bench of national politics with all his greatness surely do need a savior now.

Your attitude is akin to a man who's in the ocean and he can't swim but he's much more bothered about the man in a bathtub at home that can't swim.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
What is happening here

Truckpusher & Tonyebarcanista, come here and kneel down, raise up ya hands and close ya eyes osiso!
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Iroh88(m): 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Any provocative statement from an IPOB apologist should not be taken seriously after all when you stroll round the streets of the major cities of Nigeria the kids that have left schools to hawk anything on the streets and on the high ways aren't Niger Deltans but the same Igbos that are better off, richer and well informed.

If you take the number of women lining up on the streets across major cities of this country to sell their body for sex, it is the same Igbos that will beat any other ethnic group with a wide margin of 8 to 2 . Another typical example is the mass exodus of these people from their own homeland to the same land where poverty and backwardness abounds yet we haven't seen our Niger Delta youths travelling to Lagos to become truckpushers the way Northerners are arriving here in their hundreds willing to do any menial job for peanuts.

They can speculate all they want but the truth is that poverty and illiteracy holds sway in all nooks and crannies of this nation with the biggest three taking the major hit, after all by sheer number of their population one do not need a soothsayer to know who's worse off and who's better off

These provocative statements you see here and there is simply a ploy to make the Niger Deltans get angry and join up in their selfish struggle that didn't even get the blessings of their own very elites.
Let them continue deluding themselves. grin
Hmmm. See provocation. I think your statement is even more provocative than the simple remark the other guy made.

Anyway, in a heated debate like this, just about anything is fair game, so I wouldn't blame you and your brothers for taking off your gloves every once in a while to throw barbs at anyone who seems to lump up your people in such critical statements.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
What is happening here

Truckpusher & Tonyebarcanista, come here and kneel down, raise up ya hands and close ya eyes osiso!
Lol, why ? grin
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Abdeeyoungboss(m): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
cool
Armaggedon:
its a lie. Lagos has the highest crime rate in nigeria and enugu has the lowest. Do you recall when apc protesters burnt luxury buses belonging to an igbo transporter earlier this year?

If peace is the factor why are other places in SW that are more peaceful than lagos still villages?

The truth is lagos enjoys special attention from fg govt starting from colonial times till now. Should the seaport in portharcourt or onitsha stop being a subject of politics, lagos will suffer. Which is why you guys hold on to one nigeria.

Coming to leadership sw has the worst in the country save fayose. Lagos has the largest dept profile despite huge revenue, what of osun? The leadership in the east is the most visionary but seems emasculated by fg's policies and u know that.

I also heard you mentioning disposable income in Sw. That is a height of delusion! Sw is the most impoverished region aside north. Why do you thing ibadan oshgbo abeokuta are slums while enugu onitsha aba owerri ph awka and asaba are bubbling?

as for dangote, we dont beg for his investment he knows that too. He also knows he would be outcompeted hence he conspired with obj to shut down ibeto plant in ph.

Like i said politics is the thing not your so called peace. Igboland is peaceful but nigeria is an igbophobic country

Armaggedon:
its a lie. Lagos has the highest crime rate in nigeria and enugu has the lowest. Do you recall when apc protesters burnt luxury buses belonging to an igbo transporter earlier this year?

If peace is the factor why are other places in SW that are more peaceful than lagos still villages?

The truth is lagos enjoys special attention from fg govt starting from colonial times till now. Should the seaport in portharcourt or onitsha stop being a subject of politics, lagos will suffer. Which is why you guys hold on to one nigeria.

Coming to leadership sw has the worst in the country save fayose. Lagos has the largest dept profile despite huge revenue, what of osun? The leadership in the east is the most visionary but seems emasculated by fg's policies and u know that.

I also heard you mentioning disposable income in Sw. That is a height of delusion! Sw is the most impoverished region aside north. Why do you thing ibadan oshgbo abeokuta are slums while enugu onitsha aba owerri ph awka and asaba are bubbling?

as for dangote, we dont beg for his investment he knows that too. He also knows he would be outcompeted hence he conspired with obj to shut down ibeto plant in ph.

Like i said politics is the thing not your so called peace. Igboland is peaceful but nigeria is an igbophobic country

Now u say what's on my mind,thumbs up man,Happy Sunday.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by omolami: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
It is only a fool, dunce, mumu, illiterate, omugo, were, mungu that will agree that Youruba s have a pact with Hausa
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by jstbeinhonest(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=VickJames post[/quote]

The sw,ss has lower poverty rates than the se.

WORLD BANK
http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good
UN
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-
content/uploads/
Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f
NBS
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/issues-in-the-new-poverty-report/137011/

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
omolami:
It is only a fool, dunce, mumu, illiterate, omugo, were, mungu that will agree that Youruba s have a pact with Hausa

The Yoruba have an electoral pact with the hausa. Remember you gave Buhari a majority of your votes
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Omololu007(m): 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Armaggedon:

the only place industralized in ogun is the shagamu axis which a spillover of lagos and is still considered lagos industrial zone

https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial
can you tell me one city in the whole of south west aside lagos that is more industralized than aba?
Ibadan guys celebrated a new mall grin
can you see how stupid and daft you just made your dad look,by saying shagamu is considered a spill over of lagos trash...you just sit in a bush in abakaliki they type trash grin..I don't think you know the distance between ikorodu(lagos) and shagamu(ogun)...agbara in ogun state has more industry than shagamu.ota in ogun state and oluyole in oyo state are more industrialized than your aba grin

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

The Yoruba have an electoral pact with the hausa. Remember you gave Buhari a majority of your votes
And that's a pact or a show that the people prefer one candidate over another?

I guess in 2011, the SW had a pact with the SS to vote GEJ right?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by hahn(m): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44:

Nice angle
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by gigabyte13: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
I thought the biafrats said the economy of Onitsha alone is bigger than the whole of SW? So why the noise about the SW, still wanting to be in Nigeria?

If Nigeria divide into 50 today, an average SWner care less.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Sweetguy25: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mynd44:

Presidential elections in Nigeria are now implicit pacts between an electoral zone and a presidential candidates zone.
Re: Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians by Flyoruboy(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
Armaggedon:
so the Igbos are alayes, area boys, agberos and omoniles and opc?

we only go to lagos and you know it

the only place industralized in ogun is the shagamu axis which a spillover of lagos and is still considered lagos industrial zone

https://www.nairaland.com/2322312/ogun-state-nigerias-emerging-industrial

Well. Let me remind that before you were born lagos has and will always surpass the rest. Lagos is a border to to two on more country. It's quite the other way round. Iboes needs SW especially lagos than lagos need them. i have nothing against. I am aganst injustice in nigeria(though its now late)

Really? Worst? I belief aba,ebonyi state is a good example of leadership? Yeye dey smell! yes ebonyi never owed salaries despite its status. Abia had bad leadership who fail to put roads in order in aba but he is now gone. Nevertheless aba is bubbling with bussiness activities or can you tell me one city in the whole of south west aside lagos that is more industralized than aba?

Oh oh. How I hate lies.

The most impoverished? Ibooooooosss and lies.

United Nations' Multi Dimensional Poverty Index

The United Nations' Global Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index has three dimensions and 10 indicators in estimating Overall Poverty. Each dimension is equally weighted, each indicator within a dimension is also equally weighted, and added. It uses 10 indicators to measure poverty in three dimensions: Education, Health and Living standards. This report was Published in June 2015, and is based on data collected on years between 2004 and 2014.
According to the MPI Report, as at 2010, 46% of Nigerians lived below the national poverty line (Only 28% in Urban areas, and near 70% in The rural). Although a Report by the World bank, released in 2014, showed that only 33% of Nigerians could be considered Poor.

Now, to the Report........
States by Incidence of Poverty

STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
-------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
-------------------------------------------------------
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%

REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty (+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty (+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty (+ Average)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty
----------------------------------------------------------------------

4 = North Central - 45.7% Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (- Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (- Average) Damn!!

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f

No wonder you people are know for everything fake in nigeria" winks wink stop showing stats. SW is a bastton of poverty and hunger. You showed us stats of osun being bigger than SE economy put together but when poo hit fan nema, winners chapel and caritas donated relief materials. Ibadan guys celebrated a new mall grin

Facts don't lie Freeflobe. cheesy

If Una only go to Lag, why are you fighting for title in Oyo and getting flogged on Ondo? cheesy cheesy

Guy, why are you deceiving yourself? Fact: you Biafran igbos are contributing nothing to the Nigerian commonwealth which explains why inspite of your attention seeking noises the FG is calling your bluff. In other words, economically your region ain't shyt. And those fake stats about industrial clusters are nothing but mere fantasy coz even your own folks have long since admitted that y'all are lagging behind other parts of the country -- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

Ogun currently is the number 1 most industrialized state in Nigeria (attracting over 70 new manufacturing industries in the last 3 years with more still waiting in line for approval), followed by Lag. The SW contributes more non-oil revenue to the commonweal than any other region. The North contributes Agric. Pray tell what SE contributes? ?

Lol. Una hero Jonathan himself said it that the SW controls 55% of Nigeria's economy. cheesy

Excerpts:

“When Jimoh was talking about World Bank statistics of the poverty rate in regions in the country, he said South West has least in the country. In fact, Lagos and Ogun contributed almost 55 per cent of the economic activities.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-regret-emergence-of-tambuwal-as-speaker-jonathan/

And he wasn't lying when you consider the indices from Manufacturers Association of Nigeria's last report as follows:
The SW virtually controls/accounts for atleast 70% of industrial activity in Nigeria.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

Ogun, Ikeja top manufacturers’ investment destinations in 2014

While Ogun, which is now Nigeria’s industrial hub, recorded N377 billion worth of investments within the period, Ikeja returned investments worth N39.86 billion.

Ogun State’s represents 78 percent of N483 billion worth of investments made in the whole of the manufacturing sector within the period under review, while Ikeja shares 8.3 percent.

“This has revealed that the majority of manufacturing investments were directed towards Ogun industrial axis, which consists of Otta, Agbara, Ibafo/Mowe and Shagamu industrial areas,” said MAN, in its latest January to July 2014 economic review.

The data further show investments in Kano/Sharada/Challawa as N19.75 billion and those of Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti as N19.2 billion within the period under review.

Anambra/Enugu that had N5.5 billion worth of investments.
while those of Imo/Abia were estimated at N309 million.

Cc: VickJames, Sweetguy25

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

El-zakzaky, Wife Depart Nigeria For India / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Isaac Fayose To Atiku: You Think Wike Is Not Important, You'll Be Disgraced 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.