Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

How To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray (949 Views)

Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / 5 Wrong Reasons To Pray And Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Pray by Jetjacky(m): 6:15am On Dec 06, 2015
Good morning nairalanders, hope you guys are getting ready for church.

Today i like to share one of the reason why when we pray as christains our prayers are not answered.

Let's open to mark chapter 9:23-24

If youve read this place before you would know that this is the only place where someone asking for help from Jesus did not only show unbelieve but also pride.

Now if you have also read about the two men who went to pray in the temple there was another truth revealed to us. Without wasting further time, this is are the things to observe before praying if you wantgo receive.

1) FAITH: Hebrew 11:6 said, but without faith it is impossible to please God: for he that cometh to him must believe r that he exist and he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him .

My fellow christain in numerous books of the bible it is written of how Jesus cured, delivered and conquered death. But all this he did because those who asked from him asked believeing that he would be able to answer. Even the 5000 thousand believed that Christ was goin to be able to feed them and that's why they obediently sat down. When they did what happened? They got there miracle. What about the woman with the blood flow? Faith. Blind bathemews? Faith

Sometimes the faith of he that is praying is enough, like in the situation of the man in the synagogue who had a devil, or sometimes it would also take the faith of he that is receiving the prayer, like the man whose son was casted out a devil, the centurion, the people who Jesus fed.

Summary: before you pray or ask to be prayed for it is imperative that you have faith.

2) humility: when you have acquired faith, the next thing you need to look at, is the the way you pray, you can't just go in to the father and begin demanding like you own the world, yes it is your right to ask and receive, but how you ask tells if you would receive.

The situation about the rightous man and the sinner praying in the temple is a perfect example. Even the proud father of the child posessed in mark 9:23-24 crumbled to humility. Even the blind man that met Jesus on the way out of the country. There is no need to go further, if you have read your bible carefully, diligently, you would find out that Jesus dont help the proud. Humility is the key

3) pray: when you pray first, thank God. Do you ever note in the bible anytime Jesus prayed he bless the father? Thats gratefulness. You need to be grateful for everything that has happened, including your life that keeps you here.

Finally my brethren don't pray bad prayers, pray good prayers. So long yiu do so, and what you prayed is right for you, like a kid praying for what his hands has not or is not suppose to reach it won't be answered even when he observes this. But when a young girl who has reached to work or the situation she is in makes it necessary pray for a job opportunity she would receive from the father.

Have a nice Sunday, and pray today, observing this steps. Grow in the spirit, and become a true Christian. The days has become more slippery, and the church has more wolves than sheep's, more Judas as disciples. But the true children of God shall shine forth like the light in the miss of darkness. May the lord Jesus open your eyes to the truth around you, and help you grow in the spirit, he should strengthen your faith through things we see in reality and through his words in Jesus name

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Pray by Ezedon(m): 6:39am On Dec 06, 2015
Amen, nice one op

1 Like

Re: How To Pray by Jetjacky(m): 6:50am On Dec 06, 2015
Ezedon:
Amen, nice one op
it is beneficial for other christains here on nairaland to be able to see this and get enlightened, just as you have. Have a nice Sunday
Re: How To Pray by SFSNIPER(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Thank you very much. For a long time now I can't listen to preaching for upto an hour because I always sleep-off. But when it's praises and worship I can stay till one month.
Also I don't know how to pray. I keep repeating everything and I pray at most for three minutes. So this piece has and will really help me. Thank you OP.
Re: How To Pray by Jetjacky(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2015
SFSNIPER:
Thank you very much. For a long time now I can't listen to preaching for upto an hour because I always sleep-off. But when it's praises and worship I can stay till one month.
Also I don't know how to pray. I keep repeating everything and I pray at most for three minutes. So this piece has and will really help me. Thank you OP.
thank God
Re: How To Pray by Jetjacky(m): 10:10am On Dec 06, 2015
SFSNIPER:
thank God not me. But please go ahead and share for others so they could be aware as well
Re: How To Pray by dialfa: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2015
I found out that holding my dick while praying works miracles
Re: How To Pray by Jetjacky(m): 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
dialfa:
I found out that holding my dick while praying works miracles
please don't be silly.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Young Girl With Both Male And Female Se*x Organs Caught Na Ked (18+) / A Call For A Federal And State Bills To Regulate Religious Worship Nationwide / Buhari...mbaka,osinbajo...n D Shariazation N D Islamification Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.