Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? (881 Views)

Tragedy As Alfa Slumps And Dies In Oyo State (Photos) / 100 Direct Instructions By The Almighty Allah Swt In The Holy Quran For Mankind / Lets Talk Alfa Fulan | Do We Really Need Alfas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? by Azeez259: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2015
"As- Salaam - Alaikum house what is your view about this, i told him after Almighty Allah in this world his mother & father are next, i don't if am wrong please i need ur response.
Re: After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? by Empiree: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
Walaikum Salaam

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوا إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُل لَّهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him; and that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them, but address them in terms of honor." Isra 23

Indeed, Allah comes first....

And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him

Then, our parents........

.......and that you be kind to parents.

Hadith:

There are many ahadith also which tell us that a man may achieve a place in Paradise by virtue of him/her being good to the parents. Please go through following narration:

It was narrated from Mu’awiyah bin Jahimah As-Sulami, that Jahimah came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said, “O Messenger of Allah! I want to go out and fight (in Jihad) and I have come to ask your advice.” He said, “Do you have a mother?” He said, “Yes.” He said, “Then stay with her, for Paradise is beneath her feet.”

(Hadith No. 3106, Book of Jihad, Sunan An-Nasa’i, Vol. 4).

This explains that serving the parents is a very important duty of every Muslim. When it is said that ‘Paradise is beneath the feet of mother‘, it actually means that a person may achieve a place in paradise by serving his/her parents, by being kind to them, by obeying them. Greatness of mother is also highlighted yet again in this narration.

Hope this helps.
Re: After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? by Azeez259: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
thanks empire

1 Like

Re: After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? by Azeez259: 3:54pm On May 04, 2016
Asalam Alaykum pls i need ur help and dua, i noticed i av been living a life of dreams i av had in the past, its has been controlling me to extent it has taking me to church were i spent 5 days, since den i find it difficult to do my solat, anything i do its like a dream. i av been having sleepless nite
Re: After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? by Empiree: 5:31pm On May 04, 2016
Oh I forgot you opened this thread before. Check your email
Re: After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? by Newnas(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2016
Empiree:
Walaikum Salaam

وَقَضَىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلَّا تَعْبُدُوا إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُل لَّهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him; and that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them, but address them in terms of honor." Isra 23

Indeed, Allah comes first....

And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him

Then, our parents........

.......and that you be kind to parents.

Hadith:

There are many ahadith also which tell us that a man may achieve a place in Paradise by virtue of him/her being good to the parents. Please go through following narration:

It was narrated from Mu’awiyah bin Jahimah As-Sulami, that Jahimah came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said, “O Messenger of Allah! I want to go out and fight (in Jihad) and I have come to ask your advice.” He said, “Do you have a mother?” He said, “Yes.” He said, “Then stay with her, for Paradise is beneath her feet.”

(Hadith No. 3106, Book of Jihad, Sunan An-Nasa’i, Vol. 4).

This explains that serving the parents is a very important duty of every Muslim. When it is said that ‘Paradise is beneath the feet of mother‘, it actually means that a person may achieve a place in paradise by serving his/her parents, by being kind to them, by obeying them. Greatness of mother is also highlighted yet again in this narration.

Hope this helps.

The commandment of the messenger comes before the parents because the Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam is only conveying the message of Allah to the people.

But there are different conditions;

# If the Commandment from Allah is obligation eg five daily prayers, wearing hijab, leaving the beards etc then the parents are not to be followed if they command otherwise

# If the commandment from Allah is nafilah then the commandment of the parents may override it eg fasting Monday and Thursday or your parents call you while performing tahajjud etc

# If the deed is only permissible not encourage and not obligatory then the parents command overrides definitely.

Allah knows best.

If the Ustadh is commanding you to follow Allah's obligatory Commandment then he should be followed because you are actually following Allah.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am An Igbo Muslim But I Know No Peace Since Conversion / How To Observe A Proper Holy Bath. Help Needed / Tony Blair's Sister In Law Converts To Islam, Gives Inspiring Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.