Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) (23846 Views)

Police Uncover Baby Factory, Arrest Couple In Lagos (pic) / Police Uncover Badoo Shrine In Ikorodu, Lagos (Video) / Police Uncover N18m, $19,000, 4,000 Saudi Riyal In Senator Danjuma Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by HungerBAD: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2015
The police in Delta State have uncovered no fewer than 23 illegal orphanages where babies are allegedly sold within the Warri and Asaba environs of the state.

The police arrested 21 persons suspected to be behind the illicit business, just as they recovered six babies in the hideout of the suspects.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs. Celestina Kalu, confirmed the development, saying that the police, following a tip-off, have rescued over 40 babies allegedly put up for sale at various illegal orphanage in Asaba, Kwale and Warri.

Kalu said, “Recently, the police uncovered a baby factory behind NTA Asaba and arrested the operators of the factory. The police also arrested other 21 persons (male and female) suspected to be running illegal orphanage homes in Warri metropolis, their hideout was located at the outskirt of Warri towards Udu where the police uncovered an uncompleted buildings where the six babies were discovered.”

She added that the suspects were currently helping the police in the investigation.

Kalu said the suspects, upon interrogation, confessed to the crime, saying they bought babies from relations of mentally challenged persons and took them to the home where they were sold.

SUNDAY PUNCH gathered that a six-month baby was put up for sale for N2.5m, while those between the ages of three and four years were sold for N5m.

The state Commissioner for Women Affairs, Mrs. Omosola Williams, while reacting, said “The state government is very committed in the fight against illegal orphanages and sale of babies. We will not allow such to thrive in Delta State as we partner with the law enforcement agencies, especially the police, to bring culprits to book.”

http://www.punchng.com/?p=13368

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Odoemacyril(m): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2015
Today is my day,.. Oww before I forget its not just my day but also a day to sm1 special,.. Happy bday to me, Emeto joan nkechi and other who are celebrating their bday today ,. So much thanks to the Almighty Redeemer for adding one more year to our life's y we pray for many more years filled wit all d gud things life can offer

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by mekd: 8:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Omo
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by donholy28(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2015
23 baby factories and only six babies recovered?

8 Likes

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Sahmmuehl(m): 8:02am On Dec 06, 2015
end time events

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by funnynation(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Na wa ooo.. So those boys wey dey there dey serve as he-goat.. Just for cat-killing.. Na wa ooo... End time boys
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by MrLexander(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2015
Serious case.. sometimes i wonder if people has conscience,heart.. i mean how can you use a fellow human being like you and turn her to baby producing machine just to make money that aint gonna be enough to buy you brain..

People are heartless,inhumane and crazy..this part of the world seems like everything is gone wrong..
I woouldnt really blame the populace per say ad they wana meet ends meet in whichsoever way as our govt has given us nothing to hope for..

Today is my birthday... thanks for the love..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by amunkita(m): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2015
Sure say nah there them buy one politics Mod wey make am hate Biafra.

Delta people ndi Uwa Mmebi.
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 8:34am On Dec 06, 2015
donholy28:
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by MadCow1: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2015
Wow
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Nopeace4dwicked: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2015
Who do we blame?
Like 4 Buhari. Share4 Jonathan

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by FuckTheMod: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2015
End time Goats angry

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Freakypinky(f): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2015
cry
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by MadCow1: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2015
donholy28:

Production rate at the factories are down due to lack of raw materials.. grin

The economy is really in a bad way.

10 Likes

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by tunwumi: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2015
Just normal
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Sasuwa(f): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2015
Town of bastards

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Omotayor123(f): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2015
To think some women who will go through the stress of pregnancy and child birth just to sell them... Signs of End time seriously!
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2015
The legislation concerning childbearing and adoption is very deficient in Nigeria.

Baby factories simply get a willing fertile female pregnant, take care of her and give the child to someone else at a cost after delivery. There is usually an understanding between the carrier and the home.

In more enlightened areas in Lagos, a willing fertile female is paid to carry a pregnancy for 9 months, well fed, all expense paid, at the end of which she gets paid off and she is called a surrogate mother.
Same business.

Perception/ branding.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by omusiliyu(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2015
End time things
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by loomer: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2015
Selling babies like toothpastes
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 06, 2015
ok
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by seanswitch(m): 9:10am On Dec 06, 2015
I think there should be advocacy on other methods of having babies like legal adoption. If there is no demand there can't be supply.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by greatiyk4u(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2015
Not again
Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by drstainlex: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2015
I don't really get this; are the babies adopted or are they used for ritual purpose?... If the aforesaid is the case then I don't think I have problem with this.
Wait o...nor be Udu road I dey pass everyday. so this kine thing they go on? Oh what a Big Small world!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) by noble2faith(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2015
MrLexander:
Serious case.. sometimes i wonder if people has conscience,heart.. i mean how can you use a fellow human being like you and turn her to baby producing machine just to make money that aint gonna be enough to buy you brain..

People are heartless,inhumane and crazy..this part of the world seems like everything is gone wrong..
I woouldnt really blame the populace per say ad they wana meet ends meet in whichsoever way as our govt has given us nothing to hope for..

Today is my birthday... thanks for the love..

The most annoying thing is dat these people always proclaim deirselves as the isrealites of Nigeria: they are God-chosen pple cos dey re frm d east. Yet, they commit the most heinous crimes like manufacturing and selling of sub-standard things that could cause damages to lives and properties, drugs smuggling, prostitution e.t.c. This baby factory stuff covers oda sins, namely:
1. Sexual immorality
2. Selling of babies
3. Murder (in some cases).

How could u do all dis things and yet u say u re God-chosen people!!! Rather be called gods-chosen pple. No wonder a guy once said Devil is an igbo man.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Raped 13-Year-Old Girl In Delta Released. Sent 50k To Victim's Mum / Ikorodu Violence; 10 Steps You Should Take Against Badoo / 14-Year-Old Boy Set Ablaze By His Mother In Abia State Has Died (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.