Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Open Letter To Unilorin Management From A Frustrated Candidate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Unilorin Management From A Frustrated Candidate (776 Views)

Jamb Change Of Institution(frustrated Candidate) / I Need Help. (UTME: 308 Last Year And 305 Again This Year But I'm Frustrated) / Inter University Transfer To Unilorin 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Unilorin Management From A Frustrated Candidate by fattahnoni(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2015
1>>I made this an open letter because I was sure that, if I had sent this to the school's email address it wouldn't be read and also for Nigeria to see what mediocre school unilorin is. In this years jamb, unilorin had the highest applicants, having about 100,000 jambites registering the school as their school of choice out of which 77,000 qualified for the exam and the school was to admit a quota of about 7,800. Other federal universities had higher numbers of applicants compared to their previous years, which forced these schools to increase their jamb cut offs, making their least acceptable jamb score 200, while unilorin, the school with the highest number of applicants, in a bid to STEAL, left theirs at 180, Knowing they would admit only about 10% of the total. The putme exams were scheduled to august, I did fairly good having 6*% in the putme and also did well in jamb with 23* as my aggregate, having passed my waec in one sitting, applying for mechanical engineering, which made me fully qualified to write the exam and also apply for the course, which 200 was its stated cut off. October which was scheduled to be the resuming month of the school's calendar was disrupted because the school had not release the admission list, university of Ibadan, that held her exams late, released her list before unilorin, and I mean list that contained the names of those admitted and the various cut offs for their various courses, not just a message alert like unilorin gives in order to hide their corrupt ways. So the list was finally released and to my surprise I didn't receive any text, so did those who scored higher than I did, and some of those who received didn't even score as much as I did, do you know how I felt when I came online and found out that someone who scored 189 and 42% in his jamb and putme respectively was admitted to study electrical and electronics engineering?, he didn't even meet up with the jamb cut off of the course. I remember when I went to write your putme and the students were saying "if you score 98% and you don't "know someone", your admission is not guaranteed", I thought they were joking. So I was denied admission because I didn't "know someone", let's even say what I heard online was just rumour, let me tell you the one I know of firsthand, I know a guy who applied for medicine and had 211 in his jamb and 5*% in putme he changed course ( additional money for that one), and changing course slims your chances of getting admitted for that course and even getting admitted for any other course, but he knew "someone" and he was amongst those who got admitted with the first list. All my hope was on the second list, the delay of the first list didn't make second options available, all other registrations were closed and through. Three weeks has passed that fresher's are receiving lectures and they were being rushed and still, no sign of second list, how do you expect those at home still waiting, to meet up?, so yesterday the second "list" was released and I didn't receive any message. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY NIGHTS I FORFEITED SLEEP TO READ?, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO START AFRESH?, DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATED I AM?, DO YOU KNOW HOW ANGRY AND SAD I AM?, CAN YOU PHANTOM WHAT THAT ONE YEAR WOULD COST ME?, DO YOU KNOW THE NUMBER OF SLEEPLESS NIGHTS MY MUM HAD, PRAYING FOR ME?, should we even be praying that hard for admission if your process was true and clean, you wasted our time and efforts, robbed us of our money and hope, and I hope the unilorin management is rewarded accordingly ( it's a prayer, for those who are good). Those who were given admission yesterday were given courses not related to what they applied for and they deserved what they chose, like the one who was given home economics and food sciences, a course he has no passion for, do you know how that affects a student?, he wouldn't want to forfeit the admission and risk not getting admission the following year. If truly unilorin is one of the best universities in Nigeria, then I am sorry for Nigeria's standard of education. My sole purpose of writing letter is not for you to right your wrongs ( you can never do that), it's for those who wish to apply and do not "know someone" , to look elsewhere for admission. Nigeria is where it is today because of theft and corruption, which unilorin has displayed to be pros in, and truly unilorin is the better by far university....... Better by far in corruption. Yours faithfully #Ihateunilorin Source myschoolnewz.com

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Unilorin Management From A Frustrated Candidate by metcho: 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
fattahnoni:
1>>I made this an open letter because I was sure that, if I had sent
this to the school's email address it wouldn't be read and also
for Nigeria to see what mediocre school unilorin is.
In this years jamb, unilorin had the highest applicants, having
about 100,000 jambites registering the school as their school
of choice out of which 77,000 qualified for the exam and the
school was to admit a quota of about 7,800. Other federal
universities had higher numbers of applicants compared to
their previous years, which forced these schools to increase
their jamb cut offs, making their least acceptable jamb score
200, while unilorin, the school with the highest number of
applicants, in a bid to STEAL, left theirs at 180, Knowing they
would admit only about 10% of the total.
The putme exams were scheduled to august, I did fairly good
having 6*% in the putme and also did well in jamb with 23* as
my aggregate, having passed my waec in one sitting, applying
for mechanical engineering, which made me fully qualified to
write the exam and also apply for the course, which 200 was
its stated cut off.
October which was scheduled to be the resuming month of the
school's calendar was disrupted because the school had not
release the admission list, university of Ibadan, that held her
exams late, released her list before unilorin, and I mean list
that contained the names of those admitted and the various
cut offs for their various courses, not just a message alert like
unilorin gives in order to hide their corrupt ways.
So the list was finally released and to my surprise I didn't
receive any text, so did those who scored higher than I did,
and some of those who received didn't even score as much as
I did, do you know how I felt when I came online and found out
that someone who scored 189 and 42% in his jamb and putme
respectively was admitted to study electrical and electronics
engineering?, he didn't even meet up with the jamb cut off of
the course. I remember when I went to write your putme and
the students were saying "if you score 98% and you don't
"know someone", your admission is not guaranteed", I thought
they were joking. So I was denied admission because I didn't
"know someone", let's even say what I heard online was just
rumour, let me tell you the one I know of firsthand, I know a
guy who applied for medicine and had 211 in his jamb and 5*%
in putme he changed course ( additional money for that one),
and changing course slims your chances of getting admitted
for that course and even getting admitted for any other course,
but he knew "someone" and he was amongst those who got
admitted with the first list. All my hope was on the second list,
the delay of the first list didn't make second options available,
all other registrations were closed and through.
Three weeks has passed that fresher's are receiving lectures
and they were being rushed and still, no sign of second list,
how do you expect those at home still waiting, to meet up?, so
yesterday the second "list" was released and I didn't receive
any message. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY NIGHTS I
FORFEITED SLEEP TO READ?, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT
MEANS TO START AFRESH?, DO YOU KNOW HOW
FRUSTRATED I AM?, DO YOU KNOW HOW ANGRY AND SAD I
AM?, CAN YOU PHANTOM WHAT THAT ONE YEAR
WOULD COST ME?, DO YOU KNOW THE NUMBER OF
SLEEPLESS NIGHTS MY MUM HAD, PRAYING FOR ME?, should
we even be praying that hard for admission if your process
was true and clean, you wasted our time and efforts, robbed us
of our money and hope, and I hope the unilorin management is
rewarded accordingly ( it's a prayer, for those who are good).
Those who were given admission yesterday were given
courses not related to what they applied for and they deserved
what they chose, like the one who was given home economics
and food sciences, a course he has no passion for, do you
know how that affects a student?, he wouldn't want to forfeit
the admission and risk not getting admission the following
year.
If truly unilorin is one of the best universities in Nigeria, then I
am sorry for Nigeria's standard of education. My sole purpose
of writing letter is not for you to right your wrongs ( you can
never do that), it's for those who wish to apply and do not
"know someone" , to look elsewhere for admission.
Nigeria is where it is today because of theft and corruption,
which unilorin has displayed to be pros in, and truly unilorin is
the better by far university....... Better by far in corruption.
Yours faithfully
#Ihateunilorin
Source myschoolnewz.com
plss is d 2nd list Rili out 4real

(1) (Reply)

GST 122: The Role Of Arts In National Development / Apply Now Agbami Scholarship 2016 / My Jamb 2016/17 CBT Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.