Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Efcc! Checkout The Latest 419 Practice In Ican Office - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Efcc! Checkout The Latest 419 Practice In Ican Office (1265 Views)

10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / Completed Acca Fundamental Level Is Equivalent To In Ican? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc! Checkout The Latest 419 Practice In Ican Office by olodo(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2006
I thought ICAN should be a model when it comes to record keeping. it was a shock to me when on getting to ICAN office to submit my printed copies of the 2006 November form, i was asked to reconcile my account with  the account department before my form will be accepted.
note:
1,the institute will not allow you to sit for any eexaminationunless you have paid your subscription to date,  which means your result or certificate for any exam is a testimony that you have paid your annual due to date.

2,when submitting any examination form, for any diet,you are expected to include in your form original bank teller for both your subscription and the amount paid for the form.

For November 2006 diet you are expected to produce all the  bank teller you have submitted  with your forms in the past. which they know you can never produce.
if you register in 2000 you will be expected to pay for seven(7) years.
IS THIS NOT 419?.is this not another form of extortion or dont we have any form of accounting in ICAN.

WHERE ARE ALL THE RECORDS OF OUR PAST PAYMENTS.
Re: Efcc! Checkout The Latest 419 Practice In Ican Office by manoy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2006
OLODO,
THAT IS THE NORMAL PROCESS & PROCEDURES.U MUST BE READY TO PAY OR GO FOR ACCA/CIMA
Re: Efcc! Checkout The Latest 419 Practice In Ican Office by Opejohn(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2006
Olodo and Manoy,

Probably two of you have misunderstood  the request or that the person requesting them from you presented it wrongly. I am a bonafide ICAN final stage student who has submitted exam forms in two different centres (Kaduna and Kano) and nobody has ever requested for original copies of my subscription tellers. What they always request for is evidence of subscriptions paid to date (Photocopies) and original teller of examination fee paid.

Therefore, don't give that great accounting professional body (ICAN) a bad name.
Re: Efcc! Checkout The Latest 419 Practice In Ican Office by sojay(m): 12:07am On Nov 18, 2006
@opejohn,
thanks a lot for the clarification.However,i want to enquire on how to register/join the ICAN(like what and what are required of me).I just finished my youth service and do not want to remain idle,b4 the job comes.Pls treat as a matter of urgency.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Tokten: Nigerian Experts Return To Fix Critical Economic Sectors / Tsunami Hits Bankphb Again / I Need A Quantity Surveying Firm For My It Training.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.