Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

German Sherperd - The Most Abused Dog Breed in Nigeria - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / German Sherperd - The Most Abused Dog Breed in Nigeria (1330 Views)

Top 3 Most Dangreous Dog Breed In The World / 25 Most Dangerous Dog Breed In The World / Abused Dog Cries When Shown Affection For Possibly The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Sherperd - The Most Abused Dog Breed in Nigeria by leksmedia: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
Its sad how much Nigerians have abused this breed , can't we just create a standard in anything that we do, ordinary Togo here they keep standards, there are no real breeders in Nigeria except for a few and majority of the real breeders are in Jos.
Most Nigerian breeders can lie. if you are selling a mixed breed its akways good to let your buyers know or Is this due to the poverty level here or we are just natural liars.

Sometimes when I see an advert of a GSD on nairaland and I hear high quality and most of the times I open those tread I'm always disappointed at what people call high quality .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Sherperd - The Most Abused Dog Breed in Nigeria by Prodeegee(m): 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
leksmedia:
Its sad how much Nigerians have abused this breed , can't we just create a standard in anything that we do, ordinary Togo here they keep standards, there are no real breeders in Nigeria except for a few and majority of the real breeders are in Jos.
Most Nigerian breeders can lie. if you are selling a mixed breed its akways good to let your buyers know or Is this due to the poverty level here or we are just natural liars.

Sometimes when I see an advert of a GSD on nairaland and I hear high quality and most of the times I open those tread I'm always disappointed at what people call high quality .
errr....most of the questions asked, you already know the answer. Besides i cant remember a breed that isnt bastardized in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world.

suffice it to say that togo is no better than nigeria, you might just be lucky to have known the part where they have good breeders.

Someone else might think boerboels are the most bastardized breed in Nigeria. Even in south africa where boerboels originated, there are somany mutt.

Personally i think we should just look for solutions, that begins with the very person reading this post. yes it begins with you. somany mutts, gsd, boerboel, rotts, name it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Sherperd - The Most Abused Dog Breed in Nigeria by leksmedia: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2015
The reason why I raised this is because of the rate at which people go about things , we all have a part to play. But what can you a dog lover do when a seller sold you a mix breed as a pure breed. Sometimes it's hard to tell , they even use fake pictures of sire and dam.
This post is a challenge to all breeders to always maintain a bloodline and also keep records , its annoying when you wanna buy a dog and you ask the breeder for the record and there is nothing to show.

With the way things are going I might take up the challenge ,

Prodeegee:
errr....most of the questions asked, you already know the answer. Besides i cant remember a breed that isnt bastardized in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world.

suffice it to say that togo is no better than nigeria, you might just be lucky to have known the part where they have good breeders.

Someone else might think boerboels are the most bastardized breed in Nigeria. Even in south africa where boerboels originated, there are somany mutt.

Personally i think we should just look for solutions, that begins with the very person reading this post. yes it begins with you. somany mutts, gsd, boerboel, rotts, name it.
Re: German Sherperd - The Most Abused Dog Breed in Nigeria by Eveezy(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
u get wat u pay for, u tell a breeder u need a pure gsd nd u tell him u ve just 15 or 20k even if d breeder breeds pure breed BT wanna help u, he might go out of his way to get u d quality u want, if are cash ready, nd not looking for shortcut, u wuld always get wat u want. low quality breeds are around d world not jst in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Chow Chow, Boerboel, Gsd, Rottweiler Nd Many More Available / What Breed Is This / Boerboel Puppies Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.