Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Why Do People Think Am Proud? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Think Am Proud? (3363 Views)

I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos / Photo Of A Proud Father And His Six Daughters / This Nigerian Lady Is So Proud Of Her White Hubby (see Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Hybrid01: 5:30am On Dec 07, 2015
I am a married Lady in my early 30's.am an introvert so I barely make friends.in my house,church etc,I HV ppl who give me cold shoulder in short I don't HV any friend at home&HV heard PPl say am a proud&bad person.it makes me feel sad inside but DT is who I am:I keep to myself.how can I change people's impression abt me?
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by kidgod: 5:34am On Dec 07, 2015
U are too proud. Ur post even shows it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by erekoshe: 5:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Swallow your pride like a bowl of EBA, that's how
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by gunpoint(m): 5:38am On Dec 07, 2015
Hybrid01:
I am a married Lady in my early 30's.am an introvert so I barely make friends.in my house,church etc,I HV ppl who give me cold shoulder in short I don't HV any friend at home&HV heard PPl say am a proud&bad person.it makes me feel sad inside but DT is who I am:I keep to myself.how can I change people's impression abt me?

@male married lady
Your case is serious.
Take 6 pure waters to Shiloh this year, have one of the gate men pray over it for you.
Take this pure waters home.
Buy a chicken and use 3 of the pure waters to make stew with the chicken, use the remaining 3 to make poundo yam. Eat the poundo yam with egusi, use the stew to eat some agege bread.
At this point everything will be ok. Some friends will come share the stew with you.
If this doesn't work, go to Shiloh again next year, try to go deeper inside this time, get someone other than the gate men to pray over your next year pure waters cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Exponental(m): 5:49am On Dec 07, 2015
Be nice to people around you. Greet when necessary and worry less about their opinions.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 07, 2015
Am also an introvert so i understand your point,making friends is not that easy for us, but then its not all about making friends. When u see the people around greet them well(even if they pretend not to see you),ask about their family, if their kids are there just play with them a little (just try and be social with those around).this will go a long way i hope

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2015
Hybrid01:

Smile

A smile is warming and it is welcoming
You don't have to say anything
People probably think you are unapproachable because of your facial expression and body language.
Try and make a conscious effort to change that first and see if it works

People generally speaking are more welcoming when you approach them with smiles and humour.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by SAMBARRY: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2015
What the hell undecided

Those are people from a distance who don't know you, who're just judging from a distance majorly based on assumption . However your husband is the closest person to you who knows you inside out. If he thinks they're right then work on your personality by first revaluating yourself, if he thinks they're wrong they can as well go to blazes with whatever they think. Bottom line ask him not nl.I don't know you, nlders don't know you either. Ignore the clowns

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Richardonald(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2015
Ar u beautiful

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by socrateez(m): 10:58am On Dec 07, 2015
You need to learn interpersonal relationship skill. I have seen people hide their poor skill in relationship under the pretext of being an introvert but being an introvert does not make a person obtuse and saucy. Life is built on relationship and Christianity especially, is built on relationship both horizontal or vertical.

Be warm to people around you, greet them, show interest in them and they will reciprocate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Hybrid01: 10:58am On Dec 07, 2015
I asked my hubby,he actually said If someone does not move close 2 me,they can think like DT.in d office, I don't HV DT problem just at home&maybe church.I greet but I don't play or make small gist except we r friends.I just keep 2 myself.sometimes I wish I cld burst out but I was not brought up like DT!again,I HV d issue mostly wt women,never men!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by GoldenJAT(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
U can be an introvert and still av so many friends . there are 2 ways around this, it's either u are really proud and arrogant, or people just tend 2 misunderstand u. Either well check urself very well.
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by belamour(m): 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Always wear a smile and always try to greet people around you first.

I think that will go a long way....

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by NinaNigeria(f): 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
work on your personality
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by tobechi20(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
kidgod:
U are too proud. Ur post even shows it.

no,she is just over confident with high self esteem

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by timmyblast(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
My dear, just be nice, their opinion does not count. The few friends we do have, of what benefit are they. DEM MUST TALK
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by vilight(f): 2:49am On Dec 08, 2015
The opinion people have about you is none of your business.

If u want to change, do it for yourself and not because you want people to like you cos some people would never change their impression about you
First impression,last impression

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 08, 2015
Op,just be yourself. That is the best you can be.
There are people out there that understand your nature and your husband is one of them.
If you begin acting different ,you will look fake and you wouldn't be happy with yourself and same people calling you proud will begin to call you other names like hypocrite.
Remember if nobody talks about you then you are nobody.
God is so wise that he made everyone with different personality,if we all had the same character i bet the world will be a boring place.

Always remember to put a smile on your face smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
You are not proud. that's just who you are. Am an introvert and because of that, I don't have much friends and people usually take me as a proud person but usually change their impression about me when they come closer. Don't mind what they say. Your happiness is not tied to them. keep doing what you love and don't forget to wear a smile always.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by MRBrownJ: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Hybrid01

i understand the pride thingy but dont get why people/strangers could say that you are a "bad" person?!
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Hybrid01: 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@Hybrid01

i understand the pride thingy but dont get why people/strangers could say that you are a "bad" person?!
I heard d bad&proud part from someone they told.the reason they gave is simply dt I feel like am beta than them coz I don't sit 2 play&gist wt them.I was not brought up 2 make friends in d compound.simply greet,be polite,mind ur biz,finish.how does ds become a crime?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by timmyblast(m): 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
U acting Aloof. Don't mind them jare, no be dem be ur God
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by drmikeadams(m): 11:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
grin grin grin.my own be say after church I go run comot before pastor shout amen,,,na so one girl cum pick interest where I dey,cum follow me dey talk since she observed I don't really talk to anybody..don't ask me what happened later?....with time I started hanging around people to make small talk not more than ten minutes..na gradual process ,,just smile and greet...be friendly wit kids in children dept,ushers etc..
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:58am On Dec 09, 2015
Hybrid01:

You just lack social skills - which can be easily learned.

You are most likely not proud.

Guessing you just 'shut down' in social situations, out of anxiety, in ways that make you come across as haughty.

You have no idea how friendly people can be.

Yes, absolute strangers too.

Recommended:

1.) How To Win Friends & Influence People - Dale Carnegie
2.) How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships - Leil Lowndes
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Sleekbaby(f): 6:14am On Dec 09, 2015
My dear u r not, I know how u feel, I'm an introvert too n I don't easily make friends n what my close colleague told me recently was that others said that I'm very proud, dt I don't joke with or talk to them.

I asked the guy if what they said was true, he said no that I'm not proud, he even told dem that the problem is that I'm an introvert, that they can get to know that only when they get close to me.

So dear, I don't think there's something you can do about it, I don't like when pple say such things about me, I have tried to change but my dear is very hard, if you force yourself to blend with them u will end up looking stupid bcoz is not in u.

My advise is, be urself, try n do what is right n forget what pple say, God knows the reason y is so.
Re: Why Do People Think Am Proud? by Hybrid01: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2015
Sleekbaby:
My dear u r not, I know how u feel, I'm an introvert too n I don't easily make friends n what my close colleague told me recently was that others said that I'm very proud, dt I don't joke with or talk to them.

I asked the guy if what they said was true, he said no that I'm not proud, he even told dem that the problem is that I'm an introvert, that they can get to know that only when they get close to me.

So dear, I don't think there's something you can do about it, I don't like when pple say such things about me, I have tried to change but my dear is very hard, if you force yourself to blend with them u will end up looking stupid bcoz is not in u.

My advise is, be urself, try n do what is right n forget what pple say, God knows the reason y is so.
u got me.sometimes I try 2 joke/play and I end up lookin silly:2 me anyway.I will b like, hope am not over talking etc

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Make Love With Your Partner In Same Bed With Her Sister / My 27-year-old Wife Used 51 Bottles Of Aboniki Balm. See Where She Robs It / Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.