Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria (1083 Views)

Bombs Hit Syria's Ghouta. Many Dead (Graphics Photos) / US Drops The "Mother Of All Bombs" In Afghanistan / The U.S. Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2015
As the campaign against the Islamic State (ISIS) ramps up, the U.S. Air Force has admitted that it is running out of bombs to drop on ISIS targets as the 15-month bombing campaign in Syria has depleted munitions supplies.

"We are now expending munitions faster than we can replenish them," Air Force chief of staff Gen. Mark Welsh said in a statement.

"We've dropped 20,000 bombs and missiles on ISIS since the war began 15 months ago and the supplies are not being replenished at a fast enough rate,'' he stressed.

Welsh called for additional funds and other support for the "long fight,'' stressing "today's war demands the right equipment and capability to achieve desired effects.''

"B-1s have dropped bombs in record numbers. F-15Es are in the fight because they are able to employ a wide range of weapons and do so with great flexibility. We need the funding in place to ensure we're prepared for the long fight. This is a critical need,'' Welsh said.

Another air force official said the bombing campaign has left the U.S. Air Force munitions depot stocks "below our desired objective."

The official told CNN that the Air Force has requested additional funding for Hellfire missiles and is developing plans to ramp up weapons production to replenish its stocks more quickly.

But he said replenishing the stock can take "up to four years from time of expenditure to asset resupply.''

The Air Force's publication of the number of missiles and bombs dropped came amid continued criticism from Republicans—in particular those running for president—who insist the Obama administration has been too timid in the fight against ISIS.

Many on the right are also calling for the U.S. to loosen the rules of engagement and lead a more aggressive fight against the militant group, said CNN.

American pilots fired their jets' weapons in less than half of the nearly 18,000 sorties they made in the first 10 months of 2015, according the latest figures available.

That's up from 2014, when pilots fired their weapons just one-third of the time, CNN reported.http://www.christiantoday.com/article/u.s.air.force.admits.its.running.out.of.bombs.to.drop.on.isis.targets.in.syria.after.15.month.campaign/72666.htm

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by orlando5: 8:51am On Dec 07, 2015
Ahh US can lie o shocked

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by bewla(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2015
end time ISSI
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2015
20,000 BOMBS AND MISSILES and yet ISIS still remains as strong as ever..let it be noted,that non of that 20,000 b0mbs were dropped on ISIS oil facilities(daesh main source of income)at least not until Russia started targeting these facilities.so the question remains,WHAT HAVE THEY BEING BOMBING WITH 20,000 BOMBS.ans=SYRIAN INFRASTRUCTURES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by EbubeOnoh(m): 9:00am On Dec 07, 2015
I thought there are the ones manufacturing the Bombs ie #MadeInUS

1 Like

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Underground: 9:07am On Dec 07, 2015
- Not enough bombs to bomb Daesh but apparently enough to bomb Syrian government forces and Syrian infrastructure.
- Flatly refusing to acknowledge that Turkey is a major smuggler and financier of stolen Iraqi and Syrian oil despite the overwhelming evidence.
- Announcing 15/16 months ago that that their aim is to degrade and ultimately defeat ISIS but yet within those months, ISIS has seized more territory such as Palmyra. Those territorial gains were rolled back ONLY when Russia intervened.

And so on and on.....

We know who is really fighting terror and we can't be deceived any longer...

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Patented: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2015
before i get worked up by threads like this, I look at the source for credibility and in this case...................................
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 10:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Patented:
before i get worked up by threads like this, I look at the source for credibility and in this case...................................
another CNN addict on the loose.
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by mazeltov(m): 10:16am On Dec 07, 2015
fineguy11:
You've never watched CNN before or you just feel like exercising the freedom of opening thread anyhow? Post the link and let Patented and others see it grin
btw, There is no way America wld drop 20,000 bombx and missiles and Isis will still be surviving - if 10,000 bombs are dropped in some strategic places, Isis would have been on their kneels begging. Maybe Russia should teach America how to drop bombs and launch missilie and If the news is true then I can say that America is lying.
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Patented: 10:21am On Dec 07, 2015
its not about being a CNN addict i dont trust CNN to report on issues like this and they never will sef. its just the fact that the internet is a free space and anybody can post anything. i take unknown and even many known sources with a pinch of salt.
fineguy11:
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2015
mazeltov:
You've never watched CNN before or you just feel like exercising the freedom of opening thread anyhow? Post the link and let Patented and others see it grin
btw, There is no way America wld drop 20,000 bombx and missiles and Isis will still be surviving - if 10,000 bombs are dropped in some strategic places, Isis would have been on their kneels begging. Maybe Russia should teach America how to drop bombs and launch missilie and If the news is true then I can say that America is lying.
i dont post unfounded news... that i prefer quoting RT as source doesnt mean i dont verify my news from different source,u doubt my thread,here http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/air-force-20000-bombs-missiles-isis/
http://fox59.com/2015/12/04/the-u-s-is-running-out-of-bombs-to-drop-on-isis/
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 11:13am On Dec 07, 2015
Patented:
its not about being a CNN addict i dont trust CNN to report on issues like this and they never will sef. its just the fact that the internet is a free space and anybody can post anything. i take unknown and even many known sources with a pinch of salt.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/air-force-20000-bombs-missiles-isis/
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Patented: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2015
Excellent Bruv. even you would admit that the story appears more credible with links like these. your previous source dint appear so much so
fineguy11:
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/air-force-20000-bombs-missiles-isis/
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Missy89(f): 11:51am On Dec 07, 2015
So? What is the point of this story exactly?
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Missy89:
So? What is the point of this story exactly?
if u have nothing relevant to contribute,please go and activate your ZOMBIE mode by watching CNN!!!
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by ifyan(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
20,000 bombs and Isis are able to capture more territory.

Western Nations and their propaganda,mentor to APC.

Not surprised
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Appleyard(m): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
orlando5:
Ahh US can lie o shocked
na wetin dey vex Satan pass be dat. Somebody lie pass am. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Appleyard(m): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
fineguy11:
20,000 BOMBS AND MISSILES and yet ISIS still remains as strong as ever..let it be noted,that non of that 20,000 b0mbs were dropped on ISIS oil facilities(daesh main source of income)at least not until Russia started targeting these facilities.so the question remains,WHAT HAVE THEY BEING BOMBING WITH 20,000 BOMBS.ans=SYRIAN INFRASTRUCTURES.
Plus the numerous air dropped weapons to ISIS and so-called moderate rebels.
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by Appleyard(m): 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Underground:
- Not enough bombs to bomb Daesh but apparently enough to bomb Syrian government forces and Syrian infrastructure.
- Flatly refusing to acknowledge that Turkey is a major smuggler and financier of stolen Iraqi and Syrian oil despite the overwhelming evidence.
- Announcing 15/16 months ago that that their aim is to degrade and ultimately defeat ISIS but yet within those months, ISIS has seized more territory such as Palmyra. Those territorial gains were rolled back ONLY when Russia intervened.

And so on and on.....

We know who is really fighting terror and we can't be deceived any longer...
grin The excuse is so funny that if not for it seriousness regarding the position of the US as a super power, it would have pass for a Mr Bean comic series. How on earth can the US with largest arsenal of all forms of conventional capabilities, a country that fought two wars at the same time, say they have ran out of bombs against a non national personality like ISIS? 20,000 bombs: practically they are saying that there is virtually not enough bombsh say upto 20,000 remaining in store back home...huh? I know that the US, like all other governments, tell certain lies, but this really embarrasing and absurd. The lying general and Mr. Warren should just say the MIC complex needs more money by increasing funds to the military, instead of this silly trick.
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by mazeltov(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
This is what you should have posted before instead of ''googling'' for CNN addicts
fineguy11:
i dont post unfounded news... that i prefer quoting RT as source doesnt mean i dont verify my news from different source,u doubt my thread,here http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/air-force-20000-bombs-missiles-isis/
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by DonBobes(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
orlando5:
Ahh US can lie o shocked

kai kai kai, walai u jst sed my mind.
Its a huge LIE. God, so USA can lie lik dis.
They r sayn dis to mak russia think usa is low on Ammo. So dat russia can mak a mistake and attk USA.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by DonBobes(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
even d devil knws dat USA is lying.
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by orlando5: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
DonBobes:

kai kai kai, walai u jst sed my mind.
Its a huge LIE. God, so USA can lie lik dis.
They r sayn dis to mak russia think usa is low on Ammo. So dat russia can mak a mistake and attk USA.
nah Russia is too smart for that, they are looking for pity
Re: U.S. Air Force Admits It's Running Out Of Bombs To Drop On ISIS Targets In Syria by fineguy11(m): 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
mazeltov:
This is what you should have posted before instead of ''googling'' for CNN addicts
CNN isnt the only news outlet in the world.U like CNN,FOX NEWS cool.,i like RT,SPUTNIK. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Can't Take A Single Syrian Refugee, Why Should Trump ? / ISIS Executes Captured Coptic Man On Camera As A 'warning To All Christians / Seize, Not Freeze: EU Outlines Plans For Russian Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.