Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! (933 Views)

Working Perfect HP Pavilion Dv6000 Laptop And Ready To Use / Urgent Help Needed - My Laptop Ain't Booting / Fairly Used Hp Pavilion Dv6000 @30k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Whizpeter(m): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2015
Hello guys, please I need your assistance...
I've got an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop running on Windows 10...

I had reason to travel without it for a month plus and the battery was low [20%]

Returned last week, charged it and tried putting it on but it's not booting...
When I press the power key, the light indicators come on and after 3 secs, the laptop trips off...

Sometimes the screen lights up and show a kinda white/grey background and then trips off immediately...

What could be the problem and how can I solve it.!
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Tycoflu(m): 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Based on my previous encounter of a similar situation,

1)try powering it without battery (remove battery, plug charger and power on) if it works fine it might be battery fault.

2) You can also try removing the battery, hold down the power button for 60 secs or 2 minutes then put the battery back , plug charger and power on.
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Whizpeter(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Tycoflu:

1)try powering it without battery (remove battery, plug charger and power on) if it works fine it might be battery fault.

2) You can also try removing the battery, hold down the power button for 60 secs or 2 minutes then put the battery back , plug charger and power on.

Gracias, I'll try this immediately I'm able to.. . But about it being a battery fault, I've tried another battery on it, still the same result!
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Whizpeter(m): 3:34am On Dec 09, 2015
Tycoflu:

Bro I'm sorry this feedback is coming late, network is poor over here....
I have done the above, now the system boots up but the screen doesn't...
The fans come on, the capslock button indicator is responding,the WiFi button is also responding but the screen just shows white... No sign of Life at all...
If I leave it on for a minute, the screen divides into two equal parts, a white part and a grey part...
And the system is acting normal, it goes into sleep after 5mins as normal but the screen is the issue now....

What do you suggest I do? I sincerely pray it ain't a damaged screen...!
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Tycoflu(m): 6:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Whizpeter:

Bro I'm sorry this feedback is coming late, network is poor over here....
I have done the above, now the system boots up but the screen doesn't...
The fans come on, the capslock button indicator is responding,the WiFi button is also responding but the screen just shows white... No sign of Life at all...
If I leave it on for a minute, the screen divides into two equal parts, a white part and a grey part...
And the system is acting normal, it goes into sleep after 5mins as normal but the screen is the issue now....

What do you suggest I do? I sincerely pray it ain't a damaged screen...!

May be it's the screen. Just meet a good technician for assistance. I repaired mine with 15k , 15" is the size.
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Whizpeter(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2015
Tycoflu:

May be it's the screen. Just meet a good technician for assistance. I repaired mine with 15k , 15" is the size.

15 bloody k shocked
God would subsidize it for me cos I don't have such money... cheesy
Thanks for ya time Bro, I appreciate!
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Tycoflu(m): 9:43am On Dec 10, 2015
you are welcome. If you are in lag. I can link you up to a guy a meet here. he is good.
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by bright1985: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2015
the problem is the motherboard sir
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Whizpeter(m): 6:47am On Dec 12, 2015
Tycoflu:
you are welcome. If you are in lag. I can link you up to a guy a meet here. he is good.

Ooooops, I left lag a week ago!
Re: My HP Pavilion DV6000 Ain't Booting! by Whizpeter(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2015
bright1985:
the problem is the motherboard sir

Heard that from someone else too, how much would fix it?

(1) (Reply)

Free Antivirus Download / Very Neat Acer Aspire ES 14 Laptop / HP 6735b For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.