Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" (2096 Views)

Economic Growth Under Jonathan Was Fake – Olu Ajakaiye, World Bank Consultant / Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / Jonathan Was Not Attacked In Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by nigeriancuban: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2015
Babangida who spoke with The Interview magazine in the December 2015 edition as published by The Cable, said the problem with Jonathan was that he was inexperienced rather than incompetent as some Nigerians alleged.
The retired general, who described Jonathan as a very pleasant person, said he meant well for Nigeria.
When the former military president was asked about his view that Jonathan is a good person but was “incompetent,” he said: “If you use inexperience, I will buy that.”
The elder statesman declined to comment on whom he actually voted for between Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari, who was declared the winer of the presidential poll. The relationship between Babangida and Buhari was not so great as it was Babangida who overthrew Buhari’s government in 1985 in a bloodless coup.
When Babangida was asked if he played a double game by showing support for both Jonathan and Buhari during their visits to him, he explained that he was “intelligent enough” to know that he had “only one vote.”
He spoke further with the magazine on a wide range of issues, especially the failed military coup of 1990 at Dodan Barracks, which was the seat of power then, and how he was saved by his late wife, Maryam. Babangida denied being saved by his then chief of army staff, the late Gen Sani Abacha, and on reports that he hid in a bunker to elude the coup plotters, he said: “They obviously didn’t have a lot of experience.”
“It was during the fasting period. We were still in Dodan Barracks then. My wife got up from sleep and said she had noticed very unusual movement of troops from one end to the other. So she woke me up and said I should look through the window. I found troops moving from one end to the other.
“The next thing I heard was shooting going on. We tried to put a small party together. It was about 1.30am. Then the guards, the bodyguards said let’s check out of this place. I was a bit stubborn. I told them I was not leaving. It didn’t occur to me that we had a bunker at Dodan Barracks. We had, but it didn’t occur to me to use it. And so, they came. I said the only thing I would concede to, I would evacuate my family. My wife had her last born, who was just a few months old, with her. So they evacuated them to a safe house. It was the house of one of the officers working with me

1 Share

Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by ify2016: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2015
All these men never wan rest ?

Haba na werin happen gon self.

Jonathan this Jonathan that.
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2015
Source
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2015
ify2016:
w
u n ftc
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by Splashme: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2015
[size=20pt]. . . . and Buhari is both
inexperienced and incompetent
[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by nigeriancuban: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2015
BADNEAT:
Source
read before you comment!
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by Truth24(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2015
God bless GEJ
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by mazzi: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2015
Una wey get experience wetin una experience don do nigeria?
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by StOla: 11:51am On Dec 07, 2015
He was a clown who should have been pegged at the local government level of politics.

"Vote for PDP because it is an Ijaw party"

- Goodluck Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by criminalmindz: 11:51am On Dec 07, 2015
The no1 source of nigeria problem still talking. Orkar I wish your couop has succeded. You were a real HERO. This useless fool formed the PDP, forced obj on the party , lost control of the party to Gej. Used his friend tom ikimi to form apc ,hijkackd the apc, used amaechi as a face to fight Gej and wrestled power from the centre. Ibb knows if he reads this that am saying the truth. Look IBB nigerians are no longer fools this is not novemeber 1986, we are wiser now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by ERAKAMUS: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2015
Babangida
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by Segadem(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Inexperience is understatement.
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by nigeriancuban: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Segadem:
Inexperience is understatement.
I agree,clueless is the word!
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by jojomario(m): 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
Splashme:
[size=20pt]. . . . and Buhari is both inexperienced and incompetent[/size]
continue Ranting
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by comos: 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
ify2016:
All these men never wan rest ?

Haba na werin happen gon self.

Jonathan this Jonathan that.

GEJ pass dem well !! , that is why they are trying to bring him down.
Dose IBB have any reputation in the eyes of international community.
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
nigeriancuban:
Babangida who spoke with The Interview magazine in the December 2015 edition as published by The Cable, said the problem with Jonathan was that he was inexperienced rather than incompetent as some Nigerians alleged.
The retired general, who described Jonathan as a very pleasant person, said he meant well for Nigeria.
When the former military president was asked about his view that Jonathan is a good person but was “incompetent,” he said: “If you use inexperience, I will buy that.”
The elder statesman declined to comment on whom he actually voted for between Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari, who was declared the winer of the presidential poll. The relationship between Babangida and Buhari was not so great as it was Babangida who overthrew Buhari’s government in 1985 in a bloodless coup.
When Babangida was asked if he played a double game by showing support for both Jonathan and Buhari during their visits to him, he explained that he was “intelligent enough” to know that he had “only one vote.”
He spoke further with the magazine on a wide range of issues, especially the failed military coup of 1990 at Dodan Barracks, which was the seat of power then, and how he was saved by his late wife, Maryam. Babangida denied being saved by his then chief of army staff, the late Gen Sani Abacha, and on reports that he hid in a bunker to elude the coup plotters, he said: “They obviously didn’t have a lot of experience.”
“It was during the fasting period. We were still in Dodan Barracks then. My wife got up from sleep and said she had noticed very unusual movement of troops from one end to the other. So she woke me up and said I should look through the window. I found troops moving from one end to the other.
“The next thing I heard was shooting going on. We tried to put a small party together. It was about 1.30am. Then the guards, the bodyguards said let’s check out of this place. I was a bit stubborn. I told them I was not leaving. It didn’t occur to me that we had a bunker at Dodan Barracks. We had, but it didn’t occur to me to use it. And so, they came. I said the only thing I would concede to, I would evacuate my family. My wife had her last born, who was just a few months old, with her. So they evacuated them to a safe house. It was the house of one of the officers working with me
YOURS has experience , yet you PLUNGED Nigeria into economic anarchy,that GEJ and others are trying to revive.

The collapse of the NIGERIAN NATION will always be traced back to you, IBB.

U remain an EBOLA in our hearts.
Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
BADNEAT:
Source
Do you need a source to confirm that Jonathan is inexperienced?

1 Like

Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by nigeriancuban: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you need a source to confirm that Jonathan is inexperienced?
hahaha,help me ask...

1 Like

Re: IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" by jlinkd78(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
inexperienced in d context used by Ibb is not derogatory on Gej but rather figurative. We all accept dia was some degree of inexperience but he was never incompetent nor clueless. Being Nigeria president in a democratic setting is not same like when d inexperienced Ibb and co ruled under military wia dia actions were not querried. Gej realised much later into his regimes dat so many of his cronies were actually saboteurs, an experience he never really knew was of that proportion. His inexperience also assisted him to make d now famous phone call to Buhari which d experienced former leaders can never imagine was possible. Even Ibb never castigated Jonathan as per se but truth is dat both his friends and fiends know dat Gej is a great democrat, peace loving and never power drunk. Only days will put him in d proper perspective of history.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why We Suspended Niger Delta Avengers account - Twitter / Why Did Tinubu Flee? / Nigeria In 2014 And Nigeria In 2016 Compare And Contrast(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.