Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,854 members, 7,828,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! (648 Views)

Jonathan Destroying Nigeria Before Handover – APC / Obasanjo Bombs Jonathan Again: Your Evil Actions Destroying Nigeria / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by toshacer: 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2009
Seun, dont ban me for this, but if you have to do, well, good luck.

NairaLand seems to be an avenue for venting divisive innuendoes about Nigeria, many talk about dividing Nigeria, many talk about failed state, many talk about hausa destroying Nigeria, many talk about MEND to be encouraged to destroy Nigeria. Free speech is a fundamental human right, but you are hated if you have contrary opinions to the negative optimism about Nigeria. Is this the reason for setting up NairaLand forum?
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by desgiezd(m): 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
You must realised that majority of Nigerians are so dis-illusioned about a country they once thought held great potentials for her citizens, so many people are frustrated. Apart from Nairaland, all the comments you mentioned are the common ones that one hears everyday and at every given opportunity. I am of the opinion that the feelings people express here are true feelings coming from the innermost parts and a deep reflection of what Nigeria has turned out to be for most of us. One should be free to express his or her mind.

In other climes where people's opinions count, government officials would visit this site always, some would even register and throw up issues that will attract robust debates and comments and the government would use such debates and comments to gauge people's feelings about their policies and performance and make amends where necessary but alas, this is Nigeria where people's opinions do not count.
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by Abz: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2009
it is nice for once to have a forum where people can freely express their opinions without the fear that the soldiers will knock down your door and drag you away, a society can't enlighten itself, if it doesn't encourage freedom of speech.
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by YemiAlabi: 10:24pm On Jun 14, 2009
I have a large penis. Please contact me for balls suckualtion please.
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by lannre(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2009
tosh_acer:

Seun, dont ban me for this, but if you have to do, well, good luck.

NairaLand seems to be an avenue for venting divisive innuendoes about Nigeria, many talk about dividing Nigeria, many talk about failed state, many talk about hausa destroying Nigeria, many talk about MEND to be encouraged to destroy Nigeria. Free speech is a fundamental human right, but you are hated if you have contrary opinions to the negative optimism about Nigeria. Is this the reason for setting up NairaLand forum?

Maybe you restrict yourself to a particular section (maybe politics) there are so many sections that promotes Nigeria image and so many educative ones. I cant mention all. And do you think what people are saying about NIGERIA is not the truth. If we cant rule,fight,get justice,be treated fairly, then lets talk pleaseeeeeeeee
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by ElRazur: 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2009
YemiAlabi:

I have a large penis. Please contact me for balls suckualtion please.

grin I see what you did there.

Tosh_acer. Are you suggesting that only certain topic should be allowed? Remember that the internet allows for freedom of speech and people are calling Nigeria the way they see it. If Nigeria do not like they way she is being portrayed, then let Nigerians fix up. smiley
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by mafioso(m): 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2009
I have since left Nigeria, but Nairaland is the only place i can read about what is going on over there in the hood so please let them say what ever they feel Afterall Democracy is all about freedom of speech
Re: Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! by Virgo83(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
tosh_acer:

@tosh_acer
This can't be the Reason why Seun set this up, what you should understand is the Human approach to things.
Human being where the most fragile thing to handle and the most expensive to manage.

Seun mustn't be stone at, all we have to do is support his course.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen The New Imo State Government Portal? Gov. Ohakim, Carry Go: / Fg - The Mother Of All 419 - Sale Of Nitel To Transcorp Revoked / Xenophobic Attacks - Tutu Apologises To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.