Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:25 PM

How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales (3187 Views)

‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) / Lady, 2 Others Defrauding People Of Over N70Million Through Facebook In Imo / Man Nabbed for Defrauding People With Fake Promise Of Oil Company Work in Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
JUMIA is indeed an online retailing fraud!! How else would explain buying an item, finding out that it is faulty and you are told that there is nothing they can do about I bought an HP Slate 6 Voice Tab ( ₦ 21,990.00) and it turned out that no SIM could work on that phone. I have called all their customer care lines, all numbers ring out on the line dedicated for returns. I went to two of their pick up points in Abuja and I am told that there is nothing they can do about, not even assisting getting across to their Lagos office! Both ends said that anything bought on BLACK FRIDAY cannot be returned!! @JumiaNGHelp This is coordinated online retailing 419!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by nellyelitz(m): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
Am not surprise
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Ajuba1: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
i bought mine on white friday and its working perfectly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ajuba, looks like you work for Jumia! Lol!
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by SurefireAsoOke: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Black friday turn black market. #AT_UR_RISK

For Aso-Oke, Check my Signature

1 Like

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Doctorflaky(f): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
I will suggest you go to their twitter handle and post your complain, they will attend to you fast . Do not send direct message because they will request you do so. I with complains on twitter when I had issue with my Tab. I will suggest you do the same.

1 Like

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Thunderlicious: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
Of course, it is called BLACK FRIDAY SCAM. Anything u buy on dat day is strictly on a non-tested and OYO basis.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Tunguy01(m): 7:47am On Dec 08, 2015
Black Friday on jumia ?, whatever happen to white days @ computer village.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by kuti10: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2015
Angel1977:
JUMIA is indeed an online retailing fraud!! How else would explain buying an item, finding out that it is faulty and you are told that there is nothing they can do about I bought an HP Slate 6 Voice Tab ( ₦ 21,990.00) and it turned out that no SIM could work on that phone. I have called all their customer care lines, all numbers ring out on the line dedicated for returns. I went to two of their pick up points in Abuja and I am told that there is nothing they can do about, not even assisting getting across to their Lagos office! Both ends said that anything bought on BLACK FRIDAY cannot be returned!! @JumiaNGHelp This is coordinated online retailing 419!

I bought a phone Samsung S4 that had issues and it was repaired with even follow up calls. i suggest you call 07006000000 or mail service@. You will be attended to promptly

2 Likes

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by dunnijayz1: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2015
I know sabi why una like to dey bad mouth good things like this. I bought perfumes, a phone and dresses worth almost N100,000 at very good discounts. If you missed their flash sales deal with it. They cannot satisfy everybody. They re still the best in Nigeria.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by fashyomi: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2015
Thunderlicious:
Of course, it is called BLACK FRIDAY SCAM. Anything u buy on dat day is strictly on a non-tested and OYO basis.

You guys should be fair. This guys have only been in Nigeria for a couple of years. Black Friday wassn't a scam, I am living witness. I got most of the items I wanted and even PS4 at 45% discount. I doubled the checked the prices with items with other stores. Jumias Black Friday was the best this year. Besides they are better than Konga. Those ones are just occupying the ecommerce space with nothing to offer.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by fashyomi: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=SurefireAsoOke post=40777893]Black friday turn black market.
#AT_UR_RISK

Oga, I have bought countless items at Jumia and it was fine. Even the Computer village guys buy from them because they know know they cant get it cheaper else where
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by krisjin(f): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2015
I have like a confirmed intel that Jumia deals with the suppliers directly so those are the best prices you can get them. Likes of Infinix and many of them only supply to Jumia, how authentic can that be. That reminds me I heard Infinix Zero 3 will be launching on Jumia soon. I can't wait to lay my hands on them. I luv Infinix
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by JumiaOnline(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2015
Angel1977:

Hi, we are really sorry for your experience. Please, kindly give us your order number so we look into this as soon as possible. Awaiting your response. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by chachanga: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
OP, come and share your testimony once they resolve your issue o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by olorioma: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Angel1977:

I should have Known

I am totally disappointed in the way Jumia has handled my order since the Black Friday event.
I bought 7 items, one of which was a blender / juicer of N5, 800.When my package arrived, it was a pair of female sandals!
As i write, i have only received 4 out of the 7 items I ordered and so, I am no longer interested in paying for the others..
My husband has called the customer care line and was told there would be no refunds. I DO NOT need a refund! just send me my item (which has been paid for) or pleeease make my day and not send it by the end of this week. Watch me sue you for your last Naira.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by olorioma: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
olorioma:

I should have Known

I am totally disappointed in the way Jumia has handled my order since the Black Friday event.
I bought 7 items, one of which was a blender / juicer of N5, 800.When my package arrived, it was a pair of female sandals!
As i write, i have only received 4 out of the 7 items I ordered and so, I am no longer interested in paying for the others..
My husband has called the customer care line and was told there would be no refunds. I DO NOT need a refund! just send me my item (which has been paid for) or pleeease make my day and not send it by the end of this week. Watch me sue you for your last Naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Yaboski: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dats is just d problem of cheap tins guy take hart next time buy from white friday
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Truce01: 1:29am On Dec 09, 2015
kuti10:

I bought a phone Samsung S4 that had issues and it was repaired with even follow up calls. i suggest you call 07006000000 or mail service@. You will be attended to promptly

They don't respond to mails nor do they answer calls, been trying to reach them since Monday. They cancelled an order I paid for without explanation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2015
JumiaOnline:

Hi, we are really sorry for your experience. Please, kindly give us your order number so we look into this as soon as possible. Awaiting your response. Thank you!

@JumiaOnline This is the Order No. # 303718637.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2015
Doctorflaky:
I will suggest you go to their twitter handle and post your complain, they will attend to you fast . Do not send direct message because they will request you do so. I with complains on twitter when I had issue with my Tab. I will suggest you do the same.

I have gone to their twitter handle, they promised to send delivery agents even with dates up to this moment, nobody has contacted me.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2015
kuti10:

Nobody picks those calls. I have called and called and called. They have even blocked my email account and so all emails I have sent to them bounce back. I am sure they know what they are doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2015
chachanga:
OP, come and share your testimony once they resolve your issue o

Let us see if they will resolve the issue, if they really intend to. I would not have come to Nairaland to expose their inefficiencies. They have be promising that a delivery agent will come, nobody has come. Delay tactics, I guess? I have exhausted all my options if Jumia thinks that tye can dump a poor quality product on me!
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2015
[quote author=olorioma post=40811729][/quote]

That is typical Jumia! Anyway, I have learnt my lessosns as well.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2015
[quote author=fashyomi post=40802172][/quote]

Maybe you should wait until one of the products are faulty and then you will have the true test of their customer care services! That when you will know if they are good. But now, as far as concerned, their customer care service has turned out to be one of the worst experiences I have had!
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2015
fashyomi:

You guys should be fair. This guys have only been in Nigeria for a couple of years. Black Friday wassn't a scam, I am living witness. I got most of the items I wanted and even PS4 at 45% discount. I doubled the checked the prices with items with other stores. Jumias Black Friday was the best this year. Besides they are better than Konga. Those ones are just occupying the ecommerce space with nothing to offer.

My guy, let us wait until any of the products you buy should have any issue, it is then I will truly see whether or not you will declare if you are a living witness! And what made you think they are better than Konga? I was at one of their pick up points and a customer was complaining about their service and compared to his experience with Jumia with that of Konga. He stated that Konga is much more better than Jumia. I have bought things from Yudala and the ones that had issues, they took back without long stories. Or do you work for Jumia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2015
dunnijayz1:
I know sabi why una like to dey bad mouth good things like this. I bought perfumes, a phone and dresses worth almost N100,000 at very good discounts. If you missed their flash sales deal with it. They cannot satisfy everybody. They re still the best in Nigeria.

No worry, we shall be here to see how they will respond to you when any of the products you buy from them has issues. We shall wait and see.
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:23am On Dec 10, 2015
NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE SAtISFIED ALL DE WANt IS AWOOF........ rember before u got d item de told u no return .. hope u no dat
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:25am On Dec 10, 2015
jumia still d best online retail iin nigeria .. all d rest are behind ....... i work in jumia and am telling u d fact still d best
Angel1977:

t
My guy, let us wait until any of the products you buy should have any issue, it is then I will truly see whether or not you will declare if you are a living witness! And what made you think they are better than Konga? I was at one of their pick up points and a customer was complaining about their service and compared to his experience with Jumia with that of Konga. He stated that Konga is much more better than Jumia. I have bought things from Yudala and the ones that had issues, they took back without long stories. Or do you work for Jumia?
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by diasporaman(m): 6:47am On Dec 10, 2015
End time sales
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE SAtISFIED ALL DE WANt IS AWOOF........ rember before u got d item de told u no return .. hope u no dat

Chief, do not insult NIGERIA, and do not call it awoof because the commodities were not distributed free. Nobody forced your employers Jumia to declare discount sales! Where in the terms and condition did they say that all products are no returnable? There is return policy there on your website - https://www./return-policy/
Re: How JUMIA Is Defrauding People On BLACK FRIDAY Sales by Angel1977: 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
jumia still d best online retail iin nigeria .. all d rest are behind ....... i work in jumia and am telling u d fact still d best

Na where you dey work you o chop nah! I bought things from Yudala, I can categorically say that their customer care is second to none. People are singing praises of Konga. So keep your opinion to yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Best Friends Fight In Public Over Handsome Dwarf Boyfriend In Imo State / Breaking:lagos Police Station Under Attack. / Evans In Tears As He Was Found Guilty Of Conspiracy And Kidnapping (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.