Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari (1470 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Inec Has Handed Over Original Result Sheets To Ameachi Says Wike. / 'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says / Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by X21: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Question from an old woman who resides in Kastina to his son

Goodluck Jonathan is still president. Scratch that. Has he handed over power to Muhammadu Buhari? This is not amnesia but the synopsis of a text message (in Hausa) that has been going round among members of the Northern elite in the last one week.

It is from an elderly woman in Katsina still in shock that in the last 6 months of hardship, skyrocketing food prices, unpaid salaries, fuel queues and suicide attacks, the ordained “Moses” of “Change” from her home town has been in the saddle.

“Wata tsohuwa taji matsin rayuwa, kuma sai taji ance bom ya tashi acan da can, ga wahalar mai, Abinci ya na neman gagarar talaka, malamai na kukan ba albashi, don haka yaran ma sai dai suje makaranta suyi wa sa su dawo.

“Sai ta kirawo babban danta (Auwalu) tace, nasan baza kamin karya ba, Auwalu ka fadamin tsakaninka da Allah, Wai Jonathan ya ba Buhari mulkinna kuwa?”

The foregoing text message narrates the story of the old woman when she summoned her first son, Auwalu, and said “I know you would not lie to me, Auwalu, so answer me truthfully. Has Jonathan handed over the government to Buhari, or is he still holding on to it?”

For the old woman, the symptoms of the promised “change” are yet to be felt, hence her disappointment in finding out that Jonathan had handed over to Buhari in the last 6 months of unprecedented sufferings.

She crucified Jonathan for the litany of Nigeria’s problems and she embraced “change” as the best antidote, so now that Buhari come into power, the problem should have been nipped by now, 6 months into power isn’t it? She must have lost all sense of hope when Auwalu confirmed that Baba Buhari having come into power has lost touch with the masses. Hmm, it must be very painful for the old woman.

This reminds me of Professor Sheldon Wolin, the Harvard Professor, when he announced that elections can easily be an illusion after an era of change is ushered in. He said democracy can be what he termed “inverted totalitarianism” in which a powerful few or cabal lose touch with the masses and still use the concept of popular sovereignty to hold on to the reins of power.

The Naira is in free fall, manufacturers have downsized their labour force, leading to high levels unemployment, the CBN chief once warned we are on the cusp of recession and recent reports in the international media about the economy of our country are, to put it mildly, not flattering. Blame Buhari’s tacit economic direction. Suicide attacks have refused to plummet; we are all waiting for the Almighty December deadline too.

Fuel queues have refused to disappear and power supply has dipped. What happed to body language? Some say these problems were not created by this administration, but fail to remember that Buhari promised ‎to fix them once elected.

It is therefore not unreasonable to expect that he would act with a sense of urgency. The old woman has called for courage from Buhari to rise above his illusions to overcome the problem of the day.

Over to you, Baba Buhari.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/has-jonathan-really-handed-over-to-buhari-by-ahmad-sanni/
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by MzPecs(f): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Seriously, it's terrible

3 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by DuchessLily(f): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Lol.... E reach to ask fa

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by yemobrown(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
How did we get to this point? The situation is indescribable and hopeless. **tears rolling down my eyes **.

2 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
bloody foools...
when i was shouting dt APC is a scam did any of you hear me? melu.melu people..
yet some foools are still hoping...hope will kill all of u.
one idiiot even told me buhari promised to make fuel #50naira and he blived.
we have many foools in nigeria even among the so-called graduates..

3 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by Orjioorji(f): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
fresh braze of change blowing an old woman in katsina. you never chi chun chin.

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by porka: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
They were preparing for WAR but suddenly God intervene as gave them what they never thought they could have. By so doing, God graciously averted what could have been the worst humanitarian crisis since the world began.

And then God used that to expose their lies.

The whole world will be shocked when hidden things are revealed someday.

5 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by NwabuezeWini: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
All the agent of change. Am sure u all are enjoying the changes you are seeing right now. Dollar is now 255naira, fuel queue everywhere, power dropped, unemployment. The worst is that there is no hope or even vision of a way forward. I told all the agent of change that they will regret ever voting for sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
kkikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki! Sai chanjiiii Mama Auwalu do join wailers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don leave una for this chanji matter. See you when Buhari is able to bring fuel, create jobs and provide electricity. You still have 36 months of wailing, I think by then una eye go don clear!

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by deking(m): 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
All this noise about APC being a scam is for the gullible.

Nigeria and Nigerians would have been worse off if they did not kick pertain out PDP. I can remember a certain Finance minister borrowing to pay workers salary earlier this year.

And in the words of Ahmed Joda - The country would have collapsed if the previous administration had continued. That we are still crawling shows Buhari is able by the grace of God to pull this country out of the pit the PDP has thrown her.

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by mazzi: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
Make I ask amadioha
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by thundafire: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
DDeliverer:
bloody foools...

when i was shouting dt APC is a scam did any of you hear me? melu.melu people..

yet some foools are still hoping...hope will kill all of u.

one idiiot even told me buhari promised to make fuel #50naira and he blived.

we have many foools in nigeria even among the so-called graduates..

even the devil was taken aback with dy way APC lai mohammed band wagon deceive zombies thinking cow messiah will change things no salary yet dy dummy dy travel round dy world at last we all realised that GEJ wanted 2 shw us dat bubu have nothing 2 giv dis country dts y he left peacefully

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
question for the gods
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
porka:
They were preparing for WAR but suddenly God intervene as gave them what they never thought they could have. By so doing, God graciously averted what could have been the worst humanitarian crisis since the world began.

And then God used that to expose their lies.

The whole world will be shocked when hidden things are revealed someday.
Nigerians are really intelligent.

Bros, one trailer load of heineken for you.cheesy
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari by GTCO: 4:59am On Jan 13
X21:
Question from an old woman who resides in Kastina to his son

Goodluck Jonathan is still president. Scratch that. Has he handed over power to Muhammadu Buhari? This is not amnesia but the synopsis of a text message (in Hausa) that has been going round among members of the Northern elite in the last one week.

It is from an elderly woman in Katsina still in shock that in the last 6 months of hardship, skyrocketing food prices, unpaid salaries, fuel queues and suicide attacks, the ordained “Moses” of “Change” from her home town has been in the saddle.

“Wata tsohuwa taji matsin rayuwa, kuma sai taji ance bom ya tashi acan da can, ga wahalar mai, Abinci ya na neman gagarar talaka, malamai na kukan ba albashi, don haka yaran ma sai dai suje makaranta suyi wa sa su dawo.

“Sai ta kirawo babban danta (Auwalu) tace, nasan baza kamin karya ba, Auwalu ka fadamin tsakaninka da Allah, Wai Jonathan ya ba Buhari mulkinna kuwa?”

The foregoing text message narrates the story of the old woman when she summoned her first son, Auwalu, and said “I know you would not lie to me, Auwalu, so answer me truthfully. Has Jonathan handed over the government to Buhari, or is he still holding on to it?”

For the old woman, the symptoms of the promised “change” are yet to be felt, hence her disappointment in finding out that Jonathan had handed over to Buhari in the last 6 months of unprecedented sufferings.

She crucified Jonathan for the litany of Nigeria’s problems and she embraced “change” as the best antidote, so now that Buhari come into power, the problem should have been nipped by now, 6 months into power isn’t it? She must have lost all sense of hope when Auwalu confirmed that Baba Buhari having come into power has lost touch with the masses. Hmm, it must be very painful for the old woman.

This reminds me of Professor Sheldon Wolin, the Harvard Professor, when he announced that elections can easily be an illusion after an era of change is ushered in. He said democracy can be what he termed “inverted totalitarianism” in which a powerful few or cabal lose touch with the masses and still use the concept of popular sovereignty to hold on to the reins of power.

The Naira is in free fall, manufacturers have downsized their labour force, leading to high levels unemployment, the CBN chief once warned we are on the cusp of recession and recent reports in the international media about the economy of our country are, to put it mildly, not flattering. Blame Buhari’s tacit economic direction. Suicide attacks have refused to plummet; we are all waiting for the Almighty December deadline too.

Fuel queues have refused to disappear and power supply has dipped. What happed to body language? Some say these problems were not created by this administration, but fail to remember that Buhari promised ‎to fix them once elected.

It is therefore not unreasonable to expect that he would act with a sense of urgency. The old woman has called for courage from Buhari to rise above his illusions to overcome the problem of the day.

Over to you, Baba Buhari.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/has-jonathan-really-handed-over-to-buhari-by-ahmad-sanni/

Goodluck tried o

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA Listed Among MUSLIM Nations By Saudi Arabia / Wanted By EFCC, Kuku To Contest Ondo Guber / Buhari:You cant believe what GMB is spending time doing in Iran(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.