Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,392 members, 7,846,639 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter (930 Views)

Help! Blogger Blog Navbar Menu Not Showing On Mobile / [help] Blogger Customized Template Pagging Error / Plugin Activated Error Pls Assists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Gistboxblog: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
Good evening guys, i have a blog with blogger.com, and i later bought a custom domain name from 1and1.com, but i have since hit quite a brick wall, i successfully mapped my blog with the custom domain name, but here is the problem, people cant access my blog without the www.
For example if you gotto www.gistboxblog.com , you would be directed to the blog, but if you use gistboxblog.com , you would be redirected somewhere else, you can see for yourself by checking those links..
Please i need help correcting this, help
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
It's easy. Just give me a call on 08170255773
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by pneumaticos(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Have you redirected your domain from blogger..to www
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Julius2214(m): 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Gistboxblog:
Good evening guys, i have a blog with blogger.com, and i later bought a custom domain name from 1and1.com, but i have since hit quite a brick wall, i successfully mapped my blog with the custom domain name, but here is the problem, people cant access my blog without the www.
For example if you gotto www.gistboxblog.com , you would be directed to the blog, but if you use gistboxblog.com , you would be redirected somewhere else, you can see for yourself by checking those links..
Please i need help correcting this, help
All you just have to do is redirect it from your blogger dashboard.
On the domain setting page, click to edit the domain and tick the check box that says 'redirect to www'.
Then save it.
Check the screenshot below

Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Gistboxblog: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Julius2214:

All you just have to do is redirect it from your blogger dashboard.
On the domain setting page, click to edit the domain and tick the check box that says 'redirect to www'.
Then save it.
Check the screenshot below

Thanks for the response but I have done that, but still nothing changed
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Julius2214(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Gistboxblog:

Thanks for the response but I have done that, but still nothing changed
That means there's something you missed when setting it up on 1and1.com dashboard
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by pneumaticos(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
Op I help ya fix it for fee or free .choose
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Gistboxblog: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2015
Julius2214:

That means there's something you missed when setting it up on 1and1.com dashboard
Could u point me in the right direction?
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Julius2214(m): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Gistboxblog:

Could u point me in the right direction?
I don't know where u missed it. Let me just summarize the settings.

1. Create a sub-domain. The sub-domain would be "www" without the quote of course.

2. On the sub-domain overview, edit the DNS settings, choose c-name and enter "www.gistboxblog.com.ghs.googlehosted.com" in the textbox labeled "alias" and click save

3. Create another sub-domain with the token you from your blogger dashboard as seen in the screenshot below. Use the short one.

4. On the sub-domain overview, edit the DNS settings, choose c-name and enter the other long token in the textbox labeled "alias" and click save.

It should start working now if you followed it correctly.

Retrace your steps to see where you missed it.
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Gistboxblog: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
Julius2214:

I don't know where u missed it. Let me just summarize the settings.

1. Create a sub-domain. The sub-domain would be "www" without the quote of course.

2. On the sub-domain overview, edit the DNS settings, choose c-name and enter "www.gistboxblog.com.ghs.googlehosted.com" in the textbox labeled "alias" and click save

3. Create another sub-domain with the token you from your blogger dashboard as seen in the screenshot below. Use the short one.

4. On the sub-domain overview, edit the DNS settings, choose c-name and enter the other long token in the textbox labeled "alias" and click save.

It should start working now if you followed it correctly.

Retrace your steps to see where you missed it.
Thanks a lot, but here is the problem, how do I get another token when the domain has already been registered with the blog?, if I try starting over, it won't give me a new alias since it has bn registered with the blog before.
And also I never created a new sub domain, I just registered from inside blogger and it directed me to 1and1.com to register with the domain
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Julius2214(m): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Gistboxblog:

Thanks a lot, but here is the problem, how do I get another token when the domain has already been registered with the blog?, if I try starting over, it won't give me a new alias since it has bn registered with the blog before.
And also I never created a new sub domain, I just registered from inside blogger and it directed me to 1and1.com to register with the domain
You don't have to start again. Just check for your mistake and correct it
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Gistboxblog: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Julius2214:

You don't have to start again. Just check for your mistake and correct it
I would have to start from the beginning of your guide to correct my mistake, but I can't since the domain name has been registered with the blog.
Re: Please Help Blogger Mapping Error Pls Enter by Julius2214(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
Gistboxblog:

I would have to start from the beginning of your guide to correct my mistake, but I can't since the domain name has been registered with the blog.
OK. Just go to your 1and1 dashboard and remove all the changes you made earlier.
Delete the sub-domains you created

(1) (Reply)

My Application For Adsense Was Rejected / Do You Have Adsense For Sell ? / One Thing You Need To Take Note Of When Guest Posting Or Dropping Forum Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.