Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Tenant Stabs Landlord With Broken Bottle Over House Rent - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tenant Stabs Landlord With Broken Bottle Over House Rent (490 Views)

AbiaPoly Student Stabs Landlord To Death For Interrupting Him During Sex / Man Stabs Landlord To Death In Lagos (pictured) / Man Kills Grandmother Over House Rent In Benin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenant Stabs Landlord With Broken Bottle Over House Rent by boman2014: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
A 46-year-old man, Akeem Okuniyi, was on Tuesday charged
before a Surulere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State for
allegedly assaulting his landlord, Alhaji Musbau Akani. The
accused, who lives at No. 18, Obanta St., Orile Iganmu , Lagos,
is facing a charge of unlawful assault. Okuniyi, however,
pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The prosecutor, Insp. Gabriel Ekundayo, told the court that the
accused committed the offence at No. 18, Obanta St., Orile
Iganmu, at about noon on Nov. 27. He said the complainant,
Musbau Akani, brought the accused to the court after he had
gone to ask for his rent .

“But an argument ensued between the duo during which the
accused assaulted him by breaking a bottle and stabbed his
landlord on his head and right hand; which caused him a
bodily harm.” The prosecutor said that the offence contravened
Section 171 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

Section 171 stipulates that any person who unlawfully assaults
another and thereby does him harm is guilty of felony and is
liable to imprisonment for three years. The Chief Magistrate,
Mrs M.I Dan-Oni, ruling on the bail application of the accused,
granted him bail in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in
like sum.

The magistrate said that the surety should provide evidence of
tax payment to the Lagos State Government and his address
must be verified by the court prosecutor. The case was
adjourned to Dec. 14 for further hearing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/tenant-stabs-landlord-with-broken-bottle-over-house-rent/

lalasticlala
Re: Tenant Stabs Landlord With Broken Bottle Over House Rent by hob(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Crazy Tenant
Re: Tenant Stabs Landlord With Broken Bottle Over House Rent by dikeigbo2(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
End time tenant angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tenant Stabs Landlord With Broken Bottle Over House Rent by akinloluwao: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
I am not supporting violence or crime but some landlord can be a parasite. I remember my former landlord baba ijebu himself, he can collect house rent from 3 times in a year, anytime he has little financial challenge like this, tenant don enter gbege. Even if u just pay your rent last month he will still come and ask you for 10k or 20k from your next year rent. When I left that house, the man was still owing me like 7months rent. Funny people

(1) (Reply)

Lady Accused Of Pouring Hot Water On Her Sister / Murder Or Suicide? / Never Went Back To The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.