Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,517 members, 7,840,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

See A 7-year Old's View About Murtala Mohammed International Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See A 7-year Old's View About Murtala Mohammed International Airport (527 Views)

Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Passengers Board Flights In Darkness At Murtala Mohammed Airport / General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See A 7-year Old's View About Murtala Mohammed International Airport by ANBAKO: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
This afternoon after picking up my son from school, I decided to get to Arik office at Ikeja to see how they can transfer my unused ticket (My flight was canceled last week due to weather issue hence I traveled by road to lagos).
On getting to Arik office, I was told they have closed early today because the office generator is faulty and advised to go to the local airport.

My son, who was listening to all these, immediately protested saying " I am not going to that boring airport where nothing works" . "The toilet stinks, it is hot, there are no chairs to sit and every one want money from you (me)" I was so surprised to hear this from my son.

I know my son was thinking I am going to the International terminal hence I told him that is not where I am going but to the local terminal. After some explanation about the differences between the two, I added that a new airport (international terminal) is under construction which hopefully will be as good as those that are "not boring". These statement calmed him down and that we are not staying more than 15 minutes.

I travel a lot and my son has traveled through more than dozen international airports in the last 3 years.

My son later added ... " I know this airport is not the worst but they should try and be the first (best). Don't tell the owners that I said this but tell them to finish the construction quickly and maybe put some toys for kids like me to play with"

On our way back he made his comment about the local terminal as " it is clean and not hot" "that was superfast"
it took me less than 10 min for Arik to reroute me ticket.

All these got mee thinking

Kids see the rot in our society
Kids know the good thing and can differentiate between the good , the bad and the ugly
Kids know what they want
Our actions and inactions has great effects in the life of our children
The society has a great influence on children

If a 7 year old could spot societal issues why can't our leaders also see these issues and tackle them. Do we have to wait till foetuses start seeing the odds in our society before we all take drastic step to develop our nation?

Finally, to FAAN (or owner of MMIA) please include a toy/children lounge in the new airport terminal. You have a client here.

Do good for good to come your way

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See The Latest Father Christmas In Town / “god Loves Nigeria So Much That He Gave Us President Buhari”-stated By Gov Oshio / SOS. Your Advice Needed. Worst Xmas Ever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.