Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,127 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It (5407 Views)

Wikipedia Updates Dammy Krane’s Profile With His Arrest. / #BBN Tboss (tokunbo Idowu) Biography, Life Profile, Age And Net Worth / How To Get Your BVN Code Straight From Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by richard870(m): 5:13am On Dec 09, 2015
I have been trying to update my bvn profile which was created using a wrong for over a month now. I have made several calls, sent several e-mails resulting to almost N25k but all to no avail.
Whenever i call they assure me that it would be done withing 24-48 working hours and that i should expect an e-mail to that effect

This issue has got me stranded here in Ghana for over 5 weeks now without a positive result from Gtbank, instead they keep tossing me around
Below is that recent email i sent to them and their response

From me-----

I write to you this e-mail with so much displeasure regarding the way your customer care unit had been handling my BVN update request.
Prior to this e-mail, I forwarded an e-mail with caption "BVN not linking... ''. which was linked to ticket##5592955## . Only to get a response which says "request closed"
Kindly help update my BVN Date of birth to date of my Gtbank Account
Below are my account details
Account No: 012xxxxxx
Branch: Ogba
BVN: 223xxxxxxx

I've sent all documents needed for this update,made several call (from ghana to nigeria) yet, it remains untouched.
A prompt and positive response will be appreciated
Stranded customer

Gtbank Response-----

Complaint <complaints@gtbank.com>
To
xxxxxx@yahoo.com
Nov 30 at 10:15 PM

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank plc.
This is to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail captioned ''Request to change bvn (date of birth)'' to which the reference number ##5603881## has been assigned .

You will receive a response to this mail within 24 working hours.

Do contact our call center on +234 1 4480000, 0700 GTConnect (482666328), +234 80 3900 3900, +234 80 2900 2900 should you have any enquiries.

This has been their response ever since i started my complaint

Kindly help make this a front-page material so as to raise awareness and hopefully get something done
Re: Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by amtaken(f): 5:17am On Dec 09, 2015
Go meet their customer care and ask them if you can get court affidavit for the change of age. I think you should be able to do that.
Re: Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by orunto27: 5:29am On Dec 09, 2015
DSS and EFCC should investigate this matter. GTB Bank is fast becoming a jibiti bank. There are so many strange accounts in that bank.

1 Like

Re: Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by xreal: 6:01am On Dec 09, 2015
Sue them, a friend of mine sued Ecobank, they are yet to meet in court though, but he receives call pleading for settlement outside court.
His BVN was carring his face, dob, fingerprint and all, but a different name entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by richard870(m): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2015
amtaken:
Go meet their customer care and ask them if you can get court affidavit for the change of age. I think you should be able to do that.
Thats not possible cuz am currently out of the country at the moment .I was asked to forward scanned copies My birth Cert and Bio-date page of my International Passport which i did without wasting time
Re: Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by richard870(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2015
xreal:
Sue them, a friend of mine sued Ecobank, they are yet to meet in court though, but he receives call pleading for settlement outside court.
His BVN was carring his face, dob, fingerprint and all, but a different name entirely.
Can you imagine that....will definitely employ a legal action with the way things are going. Still taking a 'chill pill'
Re: Help..gtbank Created My BVN Profile With A Wrong Age And Woudnt Update It by richard870(m): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2015
orunto27:
DSS and EFCC should investigate this matter. GTB Bank is fast becoming a jibiti bank. There are so many strange accounts in that bank.
Thats it bro!....their lame gtconnect has wasted close to 25k of my 'upkeep money

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wish You Were Born In Another Century/Decade And Why? / Brand New Hp Elitebook 6930p - The Ultimate Business Laptop / World Most Expensive Toilet Made Of GOLD Cost $10 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.