Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Reproduction – A Choice Or Necessity? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reproduction – A Choice Or Necessity? (538 Views)

Respect:a Choice Or A Necessity? / SEX For Reproduction. / How Can We Control The Increasing Number Of Reproduction In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reproduction – A Choice Or Necessity? by ALocoVivaVoce: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2015
According to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), over 410 births were recorded between August and September 2015 and 187 marriages were conducted at the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps in Borno and Adamawa states.

Hmmm.. Let me just break down the sentence above in layman terms for better understanding.

In only two months (August & September), the number of babies born in the IDP camps (which is where people whose homes were destroyed by Boko Haram are sheltered) has risen to a toll of FOUR HUNDRED AND TEN (410) and the marriages conducted in these camps were ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN (187).

This information above drives me to ask the question DO WE REPRODUCE BECAUSE WE CHOOSE TO (optional) OR BECAUSE WE HAVE TO (compulsory)?

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/12/09/reproduction-a-choice-or-necessity/
Re: Reproduction – A Choice Or Necessity? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2015
Reproduction is a NECESSITY we have to CHOOSE. Contradictory?
It's a necessity cos it will be good to keep your lineage going and to have someone to call yours through thick and thin, yeah? And a choice cos you have to make sure you can really take care of the child you're about bringing into the world. To me, it's a necessary choice.
Re: Reproduction – A Choice Or Necessity? by richdaflux: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2015
Good thinking. Very timely topic.
As Africans, reproduction is a MUST!, but it shouldn't be!! Just as we've been clamouring that marriage isn't a must, reproduction also, shouldn't be.

There's pressure all around married couples to reproduce in earnest, as if they are the rulers of their lives. While it's an awesome step for some, its a thing of plan and choice for others. I've seen couples who, after marriage, decided to wait for months, years, before deciding to finally start child bearing. Its their choice and the society must learn to respect it.
Re: Reproduction – A Choice Or Necessity? by DollyParton1(f): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Reproduction definitely should not be a must.
Firstly, some people are not fit to be parents. Let's save the society the agony thrust on us through those kids brought up by horrible parents.
Secondly some are just destined to leave a legacy behind which having kids might interfere with. Actually a good and sound legacy is bettter than thousands of kids. Example is Mother Teresa.

Lastly some people can not just reproduce. Reproductive systems problems. Do we say those people have failed or need to see themselves as inadequate because of that?
I believe its ok if one decides not to have kids. Kids do not define a woman or a man, rather its who and what you are and what you stand for instead.

(1) (Reply)

These Techniques Help In Gaining Attention Of Students In Class / Trending Things / Chronicles Of The Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.