Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

The NCC Fine On MTN: Right Or Wrong? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The NCC Fine On MTN: Right Or Wrong? (479 Views)

What Will Happen To Bulk Sms With The NCC DO-NOT-DISTURB POLICY? / Is This Right Or Wrong About Most Nigeria Banks? / Tips On How MTN Can Survive The NCC Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The NCC Fine On MTN: Right Or Wrong? by KelvinKelt(m): 9:13am On Dec 09, 2015
I read here on Nairaland last nite that NCC has reduce the fine of N1.04 trillion on MTN by 25%. The new amount now stands at N780 billion, to be paid on or before December 31st, 2015. As I went thro the comments of some people, I couldn't help but made way for tears as it rolled down my cheeks. I was so astonish to see the same people solicitating for change in support of such obnoxious fine. Where did MTN went wrong? Was their failure to comply fully with NCC directives, enough justification to descend on them without mercy? How could some Nigerians & NCC be so heartless! Whoever bites the hands that feeds him & succeed in life? I must say this to my fellow youths: always think twice before you jump in support of anything. Should MTN quit Nigeria, who do u think will lose? Is it the tax they pay to Nigerian govt or thousands of youths they employed, that they'll lose? If for years now Nigerian govt cannot provide jobs for half of her population, is it the displaced workers from MTN they rescue? MTN can migrate to any other country & succeed, but thousands of displaced workers will remain redundant for years. Be it govt, group of people, individual should always think twice before they act. Think of the adverse effect this may have on the employed youths, the economy, etc. If MTN had decided to block all unregistered sims as directed by NCC, most of the people here would have talk from the other side of their mouth. They would have crucify the company beyond the confines of words, for frustrating their biz, plans, etc. I'm not advocating rebellion, but whatever offence they might had committed is not enough to attract such a fine. Whatsoever amount they desired, should have stop at mill, not to the tune of billions. I REALLY FEEL FOR MTN, IT'S AS IF THE BURDEN IS ON ME!

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Design,web Design, Motion Graphics & Video Editing Training / Wats Wrong With Merrybet / I'm Confused On Which Course To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.