Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others (867 Views)

Panel Of Inquiry Forced To Indict Amaechi – Member Reveals As He Defects To APC / Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances / Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by georgecso(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2009
Several documents incriminating a serving state governor, many prominent politicians and traditional rulers from the Niger Delta region were captured by the military Joint Task Force [JTF] when it raided the Gbaramutu camp of the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) Government Ekpomupolo, alias Tompollo last week, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

Authoritative Presidency sources said the documents recovered from the raid indicated that the governor and many prominent politicians and traditional rulers are co-sponsors of the militancy in the Niger Delta region, along with some foreigners.

Our sources said some of the documents recovered include the names of the militants’ local sponsors and the minutes of meetings held with them. Some recovered documents were also said to contain the account details of bunkering money paid to prominent chiefs and politicians.

Other documents recovered from Tompollo’s camp, sources said, include:

* Names and address of foreign contacts and documents of arms purchase and names of Nigerian middle men;

* Dates and details of attacks on oil facilities and who was responsible and the insiders within the oil companies;

* Names of countries and details of how stolen crude oil is disposed and how some of the proceeds were shared as well as the local beneficiaries;

* Details of meetings held between militants and politicians and minutes of what transpired;

* Several bank accounts in which ‘protection money’ was paid to the militants by top government officials in Niger Delta; and

* Details of attempts to acquire gun-ships, bombs and rocket-launchers from an East European country.

JTF had overrun the camp, known as Camp 5, and declared Tompollo wanted, though he is yet to arrested.

daily trust

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
if the FG can't name these individuals then they should shut up for good
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by Ibime(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2009
mikeansy:

True. . . . . but I have a feeling it will be swept under the carpet like the Haliburton fiasco. . . . Govts reaction to this will tell us of their true intentions. . . .

Even the BBC had to tell us that IBB was involved in bunkering, as well as some top officials, but there was no investigation. . . . Naija is not serious. . .
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by agabaI23(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
This is interesting. Very very Interesting.

mikeansy:

You did not read the news yesterday?
read this
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by agabaI23(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
They are not going to say names. The big guns are involved and will stop at nothing to hide their identities.
IBB?
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by georgecso(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2009
[size=16pt]I knew this so called militants are been used by some powerful people to destabilize Niger-delta. In that case JTF should make sure they give this boys no rest in Niger-delta and the Federal Govt should tell Nigerians those behind this monstrous cartel.[/size]
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by biola44: 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
georgecso:

[size=16pt]I knew this so called militants are been used by some powerful people to destabilize Niger-delta. In that case JTF should make sure they give this boys no rest in Niger-delta and the Federal Govt should tell Nigerians those behind this monstrous cartel.[/size]

i wish i wish i wish,
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2009
What do u wish?
Lets kip watching.
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by desgiezd(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2009
georgecso:

the Federal Govt should tell Nigerians those behind this monstrous cartel.

Does the government have the guts?
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by agabaI23(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2009
desgiezd:

Does the government have the guts?
Yes they have guts! They use their guts for the digestion isi ewu, amala, ewedu and tuwo
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by blacksta(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2009
brein:

What do u wish?
Lets kip watching.

Like u hve watching the halliburton case get swept under the table
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by Backslider(m): 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
I had always known that there were people behind the militants. There is a believe I have that there is a serious involvement of the Nigerian army and so many other people.

I know that the people of the Niger delta have been deceived by few people comprising mainly of 2 ethnic groupings in that area. It is very easy for any stupid INTELIIGENCE OFFICER to see that so called Militants have intel from their target source.

For any breach in security there must be likeage of information and that is where any reasonable intel man should have known that there is a security lapse. It is either the C.O are in directly on the whole game of keeping the problem so that we have JTF in the area to be involved in Bunkering and extortion or the C.O are just incompetent.

Nigeria has one of the best armies in the World. Nigeria fought 2 wars in the 90's and won them Nigeria has a tested army. The weapons Nigeria has is massive compared to that of the militants. Some of the army guys that are behind the militant knows this. Majority of the soldiers in the Niger Delta have been corrupted and that is you see the militant do what they do. I for one dont need a document to know that the militants have backing from

1) Armed forces (Navy and Army)
2)Politicians in the PDP
3) Some foreign companies (that partake in Arrangee Kidnapping)
4)Newspapers
5) Traditional rulers

What needs to be done is pull out the JTF. The Nigerian Armed forces was never neccessary in the Niger delta in the first place. You need to have intelligence gathering and then send in your joint force.

The Niger delta is a tool of corruption If you think i am lying every soldier is eager to go to the Niger delta why? The directorate of military intelligence is asleep and they Know it. If I were the head of DMI i would resign.

This is one reason I always say in the military there is no tribalism. The JTF should be Scrapped before it becomes like the police service.
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by ifele(m): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
Are'nt You chaps tired of Nigerian Government and their false promises?
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by Enquirer: 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
The federal government should fix the specter utter neglect in the Niger delta. This is the only way to end militancy in the region.
Re: Tompollo’s Papers Indict Gov, Others by georgecso(m): 7:40am On Jun 03, 2009
Enquirer:

The federal government should fix the specter utter neglect in the Niger delta. This is the only way to end militancy in the region.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Says Bode George & Co's Judgement Was Harsh. / Airline Bomber Was Barred From Britain / Breaking News : Yar Adua Spotted In The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.